The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t stop watching the live news coverage of balmoral. I only thought last night after her meeting with Truss and then the cancelling of the virtual meeting for the privy council I did wonder if September would be the month we’d lose her. How devastating.

Not sure if it’s significant but they’ve just had a man remove the no entry sign at the gates of balmoral?
I thought that seemed a bit random
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Weird to think the country could have a new monarch in the same week as a new PM.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I can't even deal with this. I know it's imminent but absolutely dreading the announcement
 
  • Like
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think they would want to allow the family to travel there and spend time with her and with each other once she has passed before the news is officially announced and they have to begin the planned activity that is already set out for them in this event. They are public figures but they are also human and entitled to their own private time to grieve before they begin their official duties.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
It's actually called operation unicorn if she dies in Scotland I think!
You are quite right! The protocols of London Bridge still stand but operation unicorn is for the event of it happening it Scotland. Thanks for that x
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
The Meghan haters will will find a way to drag her for being there during an important and sad time for her husbands family. Times like this people put things in the past considering
I honestly don’t know who is more cringe, the hardcore meghan haters or the people in tears acting like it’s a member of their own family who is about to kick the bucket.
Fair enough it’s a culturally significant moment but jfc some of the comments I have seen are shocking lmao
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I remember Princess Diana's funeral was on a Saturday. Can't help but feel the Queen's may also be planned for a Saturday to avoid getting an emergency bank holiday sorted.

I know lots of people work on Saturdays, but it'll still be less disruptive.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
I honestly don’t know who is more cringe, the hardcore meghan haters or the people in tears acting like it’s a member of their own family who is about to kick the bucket.
Fair enough it’s a culturally significant moment but jfc some of the comments I have seen are shocking lmao
I must be cringe then because I know I'll shed a tear when she goes 🤷‍♀️
 
  • Like
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Ah thank you I won't get excited then. I am on my way home from work so was hoping for a cheeky day off under the sad circumstances of course.
 
  • Sick
  • Like
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.