The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Other than it supporting the ‘comfortable ending’ narrative, why would they wait to announce the news? And if the media does know, isn’t that a bit risky it getting out sooner?
The news is probably blocked from reporting such rumours even if someone comes with the evidence (whatever that might be). The family is likely trained for not letting this slip

Social media is social media, it would be a rumour until confirmed

Reactions: 8
I wonder what the Cambridge kids day looks like now. Have they been taken out of school early? I’d think the teachers can’t talk about it if they’re in class as surely it’s insensitive

Reactions: 2
Is it true that there are protocols that would mean her death can’t be announced during working hours?
I'm not 100% sure on that but they did release details on "London Bridge is down" (which is the phrasing that would be used to announce internally) that King Charles, as he would then be, would do an announcement at 6pm that day. So makes it sound like they would time any announcement to be during a day where he could do that. It does seem odd they've all moved to wearing black like they know something is 100% going to be announced today.

Whilst she looked frail on meeting with Liz Truss on Tuesday and had an evil looking bruise on her hand, she still looked like she had a twinkle in her eye so to think she may be dead within 48 hours is a bit of a shock.

I absolutely adore the Queen. Every time I see a photo of her it makes me smile and she always seems to have had a wicked sense of humour. The "nah" to the portrait painter always gets a giggle out of me. Whilst I don't doubt there are period of time where there have been issues about actions, the death of Diana for example, she has stood as a head of state to be respected and has led with dignity. I had a feeling she'd not see the year out and sadly that may now be true.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It sounds like “London Bridge is down” would mean we would be alittle delayed in knowing. It defiantly seems like it’s serious/happened already with them cancelling scheduling. Agree with those who have said likely it already had and they are waiting for Al the family to arrive.

Reactions: 7
It doesn't look good, as all the family have gone to Balmoral.

Of course we all know she can't go on forever, but she didn't look bad when photographed the other day. Still, I suppose it's better to go fairly quickly rather than linger on.

Reactions: 11
I love the queen. This is really sad news. Feel quite emotional. What a life. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think she probably has died already too sadly 😔 the royal correspondent pretty much just said we will get a statement once the family have all arrived. I do feel really sad about it.

Reactions: 10
Copy and paste of what will happen in terms of announcement:

When Elizabeth dies, her private secretary will be the first official (i.e., not one of her relatives or part of a medical team) to convey the news. Their first act will be to contact the prime minister, where civil servants will convey the code phrase "London Bridge is down" to the prime minister using secure telephone lines.[1] The cabinet secretary and the Privy Council Office will also be informed by the private secretary.[3] The cabinet secretary will then convey the news to ministers and senior civil servants. The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office's Global Response Centre, based at a secret location in London, will communicate the news to the governments of the 14 other countries of which Elizabeth is queen (the Commonwealth realms), and to the governments of the other countries of the Commonwealth of Nations.[1] Government websites and social media accounts, as well as the royal family's website, will turn black, and the publication of non-urgent content must be avoided.[3]

The media would be informed by announcement to PA Media and the BBC through the Radio Alert Transmission System (RATS) and to commercial radio on the Independent Radio News through a network of blue "obit lights" which will alert presenters to play "inoffensive music" and prepare for a news flash, while BBC Two would suspend scheduled programming and switch to BBC One's broadcast of the announcement.[11] BBC News will air a pre-recorded sequence of portraits, during which the presenters on duty at the time will prepare for the formal announcement by putting on dark clothing prepared for this purpose. The Guardian has reported that The Times has 11 days of prepared coverage ready and that ITN and Sky News have long rehearsed her death, but substituting the name "Mrs Robinson".[1]

Reactions: 5
I think she probably has died already too sadly 😔 the royal correspondent pretty much just said we will get a statement once the family have all arrived. I do feel really sad about it.
I just heard that too. Huw Edwards is starting to sound like he's getting a little choked up too. I honestly think that as soon as the Sussexs and Prince William has arrived (if they're not there yet) there will be a statement.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Copy and paste of what will happen in terms of announcement:
The media would be informed by announcement to PA Media and the BBC through the Radio Alert Transmission System (RATS) and to commercial radio on the Independent Radio News through a network of blue "obit lights" which will alert presenters to play "inoffensive music" and prepare for a news flash, while BBC Two would suspend scheduled programming and switch to BBC One's broadcast of the announcement.[11] BBC News will air a pre-recorded sequence of portraits, during which the presenters on duty at the time will prepare for the formal announcement by putting on dark clothing prepared for this purpose. The Guardian has reported that The Times has 11 days of prepared coverage ready and that ITN and Sky News have long rehearsed her death, but substituting the name "Mrs Robinson".[1]
Watching the BBC coverage and I'm pretty sure I heard a loud chiming noise in the background. I would say she has passed already and it's only official now:(

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I can’t stop watching the live news coverage of balmoral. I only thought last night after her meeting with Truss and then the cancelling of the virtual meeting for the privy council I did wonder if September would be the month we’d lose her. How devastating.

Not sure if it’s significant but they’ve just had a man remove the no entry sign at the gates of balmoral?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Nothing imminent to be announced says Nicholas Witchell...

Reactions: 2
I’m on the school run. Radio 2 music has shifted slightly...

George Ezra - My Girl
Tina Turner - Simply the Best

I don’t know - more music than talking and Steve Wright always talks... I’m so sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I'm not a royalist myself but I do think it will be incredibly sad when she goes. Though they come with problems, the Royal Family are a huge part of British history and I can't help but be fascinated by them. She's had an amazing life regardless ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.