The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m gonna risk it and go put the laundry out. Would love to watch the announcement live

there's no coming back from that, she is gonna be in loads of trouble!!
Isn’t she on the ground too?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I think there would be 10 days of mourning before her funeral?

Looking on Flight Radar there is a plane still on its way from RAF Northolt to Aberdeen so may be some of the royals still on their way.
Apparently 7 members of the royal family are on this flight.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Thoughts are with her family as they spend their final hours with their, Mother, grandmother, sister, Aunt....💔
 
  • Like
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I've had this feeling all week and all of last week that something awful is going to happen but told myself to stop being silly:( normally when it comes to her health its all very hush hush so this dosent sound good especially as the council of privy and changing of guard is cancelled too
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Even the person now doing the sign language on BBC news 24 is wearing a full black suit.

Royal journalist talking to BBC has just said possibly something has happened in the past 24 hours like a stroke which seems high speculation.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Even the person now doing the sign language on BBC news 24 is wearing a full black suit.

Royal journalist talking to BBC has just said possibly something has happened in the past 24 hours like a stroke which seems high speculation.
I think mentioning speculation might mean there’s something to it
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
I have no idea if the lack of studio coverage is significant. Huw edwards is still talking as normal. All I will say is, this feels like how the media behaved just before it was announced Prince Philip had passed. I have only seen news coverage like this in recent years as a stay at home mum. So I have no idea if their behaviour is significant to knowing more than they can reveal.

But yes he’s confirmed 7 members of the royal family on that flight mentioned above. It’s due to land in the next 10 minutes. It seems everyone is rushing there and as above, they are saying/suggesting something has happened in the last 24 hours. Whether this is speculation or there is some truth to it that they can’t reveal yet I have no idea.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
What would be the significance in waiting until 6pm to make an announcement?
Most people will have finished work and will be watching the news

there’s already a lot of questions on whether public transport will be working and how a work place should react
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Silly question but why wouldn’t they be cutting back to the studio?
Preparing the studio and presenters to be suitably respectful, I’d imagine. There’s a whole, well-planned process in place for when the Queen sadly passes away and a whole heap of people who have to be informed before the general public. Part of the process is also ‘preparing’ the public for the announcement - they would never just announce that the Queen had passed away as a newsflash without any kind of preparation, but there would be some kind of build-up to an announcement, with deepening levels of concern, which I suspect is part of what we’re seeing now,
 
  • Like
Reactions: 18
It is weird watching Sky News at the moment. Two men in black suits and ties, talking about the Queen as if she is still alive. It is like they know what might have happened, but are unable say it yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I’m not much of a fan of the monarchy on the whole, but I think it’s ok for people to feel upset. She’s more than some random celebrity and it is pivotal for Britain as a nation. I do get annoyed at edgelord mockery of issues of British cultural significance.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.