The Queen #2 Thank You Ma’am RIP

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I'm still processing yesterday as it was such a huge event, just a perfect send off for her. Still feeling very sad as this really is the end of an era. I'll openly admit I don't think I really appreciated her fully until now, I think many will feel her passing more than anticipated as she's been such a constant throughout so many of our whole life's.

Will be interesting to see what the reign of KC brings...
I realise too that I didn't appreciate her fully. In my 20s I couldn't see the point of the RF and thought the Queen was cold. My opinion changed as I grew older.
He didn't name him BUT it was obvious. Something about power and its a bad thing when someone clings on to it.
We totally clocked that while watching it. Loved it.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone feel weird today? I didn’t know her, never met her though my husband did a few times. But after 10 days it’s suddenly bang, back to normal. News digging at the government and the usual guff. And I’m still watching videos from yesterday. Obviously we have to go back to normal it’s just a surreal. Can’t really explain it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 25
Does anyone feel weird today? I didn’t know her, never met her though my husband did a few times. But after 10 days it’s suddenly bang, back to normal. News digging at the government and the usual guff. And I’m still watching videos from yesterday. Obviously we have to go back to normal it’s just a surreal. Can’t really explain it 🤷‍♀️
I feel very out of sorts today too, even if we didn't really appreciate it, it's a big change that we've got to come to terms with. Sounds a bit dramatic, but things will never be the same again will they.

Reactions: 8
I feel strange today we seem be back to normal after the surreal couple of weeks we have experienced.

Reactions: 6
Feel very flat today, it’s really hitting me that we’ll never see her - or experience that worldwide respect ever again

• Sad
Reactions: 16
It's very surreal. Last night, well Monday night, so many channels didn't have adverts, just pictures of the Queen and I just got more and more depressed each time. She's really gone. One of the last constants in my life and her poor children have lost both their parents in such a short space of time and have to go through public ceremony after ceremony rather than grieve and cry when needed. Yes, every family has that and some have way more than others and should never have to cope with it, but still, death is the consistent leveller.

Reactions: 2
I read a good article last week about how our outpouring of grief is related to the chaotic instability of recent years and the loss of our previous 'normal'.

Reactions: 15
I read a good article last week about how our outpouring of grief is related to the chaotic instability of recent years and the loss of our previous 'normal'.
It makes sense i was saying to mum everything was so good 10 years ago we had the jubilee the Olympics weather was mostly lovely during that summer we could afford to treat ourselves now everything is just tit and its been one thing after another since 2015/6

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I know. Brexit, covid then the passing of the Queen. It is all too much. It's no surprise there's a lot of people with mental health issues at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
We didn't realise how good we had it.
I know there were other issues then - such as terrorist bombings, they were awful but isolated incidents that didn't effect the entire population.

Two weeks today since she died. Seems like a lifetime ago, and yet there are a few unanswered questions. We still don’t know the exact circumstances or time of death. We’ve not seen a death certificate. I can remember her mothers being made public fairly quickly. It feels a little secretive to me.

Two weeks today since she died. Seems like a lifetime ago, and yet there are a few unanswered questions. We still don’t know the exact circumstances or time of death. We’ve not seen a death certificate. I can remember her mothers being made public fairly quickly. It feels a little secretive to me.
Philips was made public nearly a month after he passed, so we might hear something in a few weeks.

Reactions: 3
Could there be some sense of the rose tinted glasses issue what old people often have, in younger people now do we think
I see ten years ago as so happy and positive, but loads of bad stuff happened then, just incomparable to now

Just found this thread so came to join you all. Miss hearing about HMTQ and seeing her lovely smile .

We have definitely had a tough time. Brexit, Covid, HM's death and now the escalation in Russia, inflation and the ever-increasing cost of living. We are heading towards a dark winter.

The backlog of patients awaiting NHS operations is grim plus the death toll from people with dangerously-delayed cancer diagnoses having not been able to access their GPs.

The imposed lockdowns have brought about a great deal of misery and mental health issues, which will be coming to light over the next few years. Many more small businesses will close and I know of three suicides in the last few months from young men.

We now have a new PM who seems hell bent on reducing taxes. Where is this money going to come from?

It makes sense i was saying to mum everything was so good 10 years ago we had the jubilee the Olympics weather was mostly lovely during that summer we could afford to treat ourselves now everything is just tit and its been one thing after another since 2015/6
2012, what a year!

• Heart
Reactions: 4