The Queen #2 Thank You Ma’am RIP

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That awful Lady Colin Campbell also said she had bone cancer, when she released the YouTube video saying the queen had died. (Before it was officially announced)

Reactions: 5
Oh yes I agree, I'm not disputing that at all, and I'd imagine they have put that to maintain some semblance of a "private" life for them, even in death, but unless something formal ever comes out to exactly what it was it is just speculation though. She could have had this or that, but unless something comes as a formal report it's just (at this time anyway) someone on the media circus which Gyles Brandreth seems to be on with his other comments about the royals at the moment. He's definitely being featured heavily on the Daily Mail with all his beliefs and stories but most of it is "I had heard maybe it was this" rather than an outright fact.
The worlds press are running with the speculation ,Buckingham Palace have been asked to make a statement, if she had cancer and wished it to remain private her wishes should be respected .

Reactions: 7
I still struggle to accept Charles is King. Not because of his past but purely because I'm still so used to HMTQ.

Do you think there will be any celebrations for the 1 year anniversary of her death?
William and Catherine will be releasing a message apparently.

I still sang queen at the football. I just don't feel any sense of wanting to save the king. He's on his own.

• Haha
I have no beef with Charles and Camilla, but I do still think of Elizabeth when I see "The Queen".

Reactions: 4
It's definitely natural to still think of Elizabeth as our Queen most of us grew up with her throughout the decades

Reactions: 7
Exactly a year since Elizabeth II passed away.
It's not often the whole world stops these days, whether we are Monarchists or not, she was maybe the most well-known figurehead on the planet.
RIP

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm struck by how quiet it's been about the one year anniversary. A billion years later and we're still bleating on about Diana's death every year.

Reactions: 9
I'm struck by how quiet it's been about the one year anniversary. A billion years later and we're still bleating on about Diana's death every year.
I guess Diana's death was very dramatic and unexpected at a relatively young age, also the glamour aspect, whereas the Queen had a steady life and died at 96.

I have to admit that I don't feel sentimental about her passing, it was her time 😳

Reactions: 2
I feel sad looking back, I think regardless of someone’s age you can still feel sad. When she was alive it was always weird to think there would be a time she wouldn’t be here, especially after she had seen so much and met so many important people, more than anyone will for a long time.

Reactions: 8
Charles asked for it to be quiet though didn’t he? I’m sure we will have the same protests we did last year when she died.

In some ways I wonder if it would have been better for it to be the same after Diana but I guess it couldn’t be because people were so angry about the Queen not doing enough to recognise the impact her death had immediately. The stupid idea to have her children going behind her hearse, and, some people moaning about their heads being down.

I was staying with someone, for a holiday (sadly my last with them), who was a huge huge Diana fan, to the extent we spent the whole time I was there going around various places looking at flowers and tributes, her crying all the time, constant news, buying all the papers, we even watched her funeral on four, yes four, TVs, wore black and all the time she was abusive about the queen not doing enough. The ONLY reason she wasn’t also joining the campaigns for her to go was that she hated, with a vengeance, Charles, she even wrote to tell him what she thought of him 🙄. It’s a good job she died before the Queen did!

I didn’t understand the fuss about Diana, but I was wise enough to keep my mouth shut about it, it was like mass hysteria.

I lost my foster mum who was my world at 5. My foster dad being a git (to say the least) and my birth parents likewise. I do keep the anniversary of her death, but I struggle to cope with other people on that day. I can’t imagine what it must have been like for William and Harry to have the reminder every single year.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A day that started so quietly and ordinarily. I remember doing a lunchtime duty at work and the BBC newsflash coming through my on my Apple Watch saying she was ‘under medical supervision because doctors were concerned for her health’. Having read about operation London bridge I knew instantly what was coming.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I can't believe it's a year already, that's flown by. I still feel like she's here in a way.

• Heart
Reactions: 3