The Queen #2 Thank You Ma’am RIP

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t think that anyone died of old age anymore? My grandad who died at 99 had prostate cancer and heart and kidney failure listed on his death certificate as his cause of death.
Yes there’s usually contributing factors listed, maybe she didn’t want it made public?

Reactions: 5
I didn’t think that anyone died of old age anymore? My grandad who died at 99 had prostate cancer and heart and kidney failure listed on his death certificate as his cause of death.
My Nanna's said Frailty of old age and that's it. She had some sort of sickness just before she died but it wasn't listed.

Reactions: 4
I think if they've had a gradual decline over a period of time and theres nothing else kind of to it old age can be put but i don't think it is a cause of death officially?

My Nanna's said Frailty of old age and that's it. She had some sort of sickness just before she died but it wasn't listed.
Same as mine. No other reason. People assuming TQ must have died of something...she was 96! Lol and old people can go from being absolutely fine to passing away in a matter of hours. It's just when the body goes...goodnight

My assumption was she had a stroke early in the morning.
oh bless her, I hope she wasn’t in pain.
Im still in disbelief that she’s really gone, despite everything. I saw the unveiling of the king’s new insignia earlier in the week and all I thought was - take it away, I want our Queen back 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My assumption was she had a stroke early in the morning.
oh bless her, I hope she wasn’t in pain.
Im still in disbelief that she’s really gone, despite everything. I saw the unveiling of the king’s new insignia earlier in the week and all I thought was - take it away, I want our Queen back 💔
My mum who worked with the elderly for a long time thought a massive stroke that doctors knew she wouldn’t recover from.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My mum who worked with the elderly for a long time thought a massive stroke that doctors knew she wouldn’t recover from.
Apparently Charles was called to come at about 0630 that's morning so it would seem that something happened.

I do love that it's HMQ in Occupation.

Reactions: 3
At the risk of sounding a bit maudling. I don't watch any of the soaps but earlier today I was flicking channels and came across an episode of Classic Coronation Street. It struck me then that the phrase we heard a lot the week HM passed was that she was the one constant in our lifetime. Whether or not you watch it, I suppose Coronation Street has been too. Just my musings x

Did the marathon yesterday and got quite emotional running past Buckingham Palace, seems so weird she's not around :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
There we’re lots of rumours that she had a form of cancer in her last few months and this appears to confirm it. Giles Brandreth is a friend of the RF and wouldn’t publish something like this if it wasn’t true.
She definitely looked like she had a terminal illness, the bruising on the hands could be from endless blood tests/ treatments, the back of the hand is usually the only place they can get a vein in people of her years.

"According to the outlet, Mr Brandreth wrote: ‘I had heard that the Queen had a form of myeloma — bone marrow cancer — which would explain her tiredness and weight loss and those ‘mobility issues’ we were often told about during the last year or so of her life."

Or it could just be cos she was in her nineties?
There was a massive deterioration in her health from 2021 even at her age unexplained weigh loss is usually caused by something. I’d say these tests found the cause 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
There was a massive deterioration in her health from 2021 even at her age unexplained weigh loss is usually caused by something. I’d say these tests found the cause 🤷🏼‍♀️
Potentially, but she did also lose her husband in 2021. There is a lot to show that there is often a rapid deterioration in health when a person loses a spouse, particularly at that age. Whilst probably not the root cause, it certainly had a significant impact on her as she seemed to decline quickly after that with weight and stance.

I do think there was probably something going on with the bruises on her hands but it seems to be a huge amount of speculation especially as the death certificate simply said old age.

Oh bless her I do hope she wasn’t in too much pain at the end ❤
I echo this, no matter the cause, I hope it was as peaceful as it could be for her and the people watching her go.

Reactions: 7
Potentially, but she did also lose her husband in 2021. There is a lot to show that there is often a rapid deterioration in health when a person loses a spouse, particularly at that age. Whilst probably not the root cause, it certainly had a significant impact on her as she seemed to decline quickly after that with weight and stance.

I do think there was probably something going on with the bruises on her hands but it seems to be a huge amount of speculation especially as the death certificate simply said old age.

I echo this, no matter the cause, I hope it was as peaceful as it could be for her and the people watching her go.
Phillips stated old age too but we know there were contributing factors .

Reactions: 1
Phillips stated old age too but we know there were contributing factors .
Oh yes I agree, I'm not disputing that at all, and I'd imagine they have put that to maintain some semblance of a "private" life for them, even in death, but unless something formal ever comes out to exactly what it was it is just speculation though. She could have had this or that, but unless something comes as a formal report it's just (at this time anyway) someone on the media circus which Gyles Brandreth seems to be on with his other comments about the royals at the moment. He's definitely being featured heavily on the Daily Mail with all his beliefs and stories but most of it is "I had heard maybe it was this" rather than an outright fact.