The Queen #2 Thank You Ma’am RIP

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The years go by so fast. It’s been a very different year without Her Majesty. I will never forget 8th September 2022 and I’m sure I’ll be chatting away to my great grandchildren about it in years to come when I’m in a care home with 5 teeth and completely deaf. The day was certainly a unique and tragic one. The bringing her body home hit me hard. I hope she’s smiling down from heaven at all the lovely tributes and celebrations of her life today.

I could’ve never imagined then that just under 7 months later I’d be losing my own grandma. It was such a shock and I miss her every day.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Cant believe its been a year since I was glued to the telly it still feels werid she's not here

Reactions: 10
I can't believe it's a year already, that's flown by. I still feel like she's here in a way.
I completely agree, I still feel sad she’s gone.
I cried proper tears when she died, much to the mortification of my family!

Reactions: 7
i was in a meeting with civil servants and remember the day so vividly. The BBC News updates were coming and then around 4/5pm I could see loads of shadows of people under the doors when the senior lot had obviously been told. I was so sad.

Reactions: 6
i was in a meeting with civil servants and remember the day so vividly. The BBC News updates were coming and then around 4/5pm I could see loads of shadows of people under the doors when the senior lot had obviously been told. I was so sad.
My dad does as well hes a cop and was told London Bridge is down through his radio thingy not long before it came on news he said he was froze to the spot and had to prepare at any moment over the mourning period and up till the funeral that he could of been going down to London to boost numbers as it were a lot of them were sent but not him in the end

Reactions: 2
Other than it feeling like a bit of a watershed moment for the monarchy, I can't say I was sad that a very old very privileged woman died prompting a huge cost to the public purse, particularly at a time that felt like it was a huge waste given the state of the nation. I'd get rid of lot of them now. It increasingly feels tone deaf at a minimum.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
One thing I remember about hearing the announcement was that Nanny Lilu had a cup of coffee in her hand, which I had to take away as it was spilling on her due to the shock listening. She turned to me and said “I’ve now seen 5 monarchs reign”

A few weeks ago, she sadly passed away and today I’ve found myself thinking about her so much. I would often joke with her about getting a card off the late Queen when she turned 100, to which she’d always reply “oh I’ll be long gone before then but the Queen, she’ll outlive the lot of ya” 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6