The Queen #2 Thank You Ma’am RIP

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My OH and I had a little cry in the car when the news was announced on the radio that she had passed. It was such a poignant moment I think I'll always remember. 😪 We went to the theatre last night and there was a two minute silence before the performance started. We all stood up for the silence and applauded at the end. It was very moving!

I'm not a huge fan of the monarchy but respect the Queen massively. She fulfilled her duty as our sovereign admirably and I hope she rests in peace, reunited with her husband, parents and sister. ❤

Reactions: 23
I’m lost. I really don’t know why her death has affected me so dramatically. Every time I watch the tv I end up crying. I feel so sorry for Charles he looks broken. I’ve not slept and I look like a wreck.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Looks like there is a documentary on in an hour and the interview with the Duke of Wessex makes it look like it was filmed since her death as his eyes are very red? Seems very intrusive if that is the case! I know they are the royal family, and therefore deemed to be available for duty in that sense, but let them have some privacy to grieve
Boris mentioned it in his speech that he was approached a few months ago by the BBC to talk about her in the past tense and he refused to do it. I'm assuming it was the same documentary that was aired today. Seems to have been in the planning for the last wee while as her health deteriorated. Huw Edwards also said he had been practicing in the mirror for the last few months on how he would break the news of her passing.

Reactions: 13
Feel totally disoriented and lost a little bit yesterday in the hours leading up to the announcement and that strange gut feeling feels like it was weeks ago somehow

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Still can’t quite get over the news. What an incredible lady. Totally understand we won’t be given any info about the cause or time of death, but I do hope at least Anne and Charles were with her. It does seem like she went downhill quite quickly, sadly. I hope she didn’t suffer.

Reactions: 11
So just reading an article on Daily Fail so will take with a pinch of salt but I'd say something likely happened to her overnight. They scrambled the royal helicopter from Windsor at 06:48 to fly to Ayrshire to pick up Charles where he'd been staying after an event to get him to Balmoral and he arrived at 10:27. I'd imagine they've gone to wake her and found her very unwell. Anne was already at Balmoral and Camilla was driven there shortly after he arrived. The arrival time of William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie was around 30 minutes after she'd died 🙁.

Still can’t quite get over the news. What an incredible lady. Totally understand we won’t be given any info about the cause or time of death, but I do hope at least Anne and Charles were with her. It does seem like she went downhill quite quickly, sadly. I hope she didn’t suffer.
We posted at the same time on this. I'm judging the time around half 4 as they mentioned it on BBC earlier in passing that was the time she'd died and apparently that was around the time of the call to Liz Truss who is the first person called but this could be wild speculation and as they are unlikely to reveal all the details, quite rightly, then it has to be taken with a pinch of salt as I say!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I think we probably will be told that in time. After all, we know what her father died of and when. Death certificates are public records after all.

But I expect it'll be kept private for some time out of respect.

Friends at work yesterday received a msg from partner who is in police force. Police apparently received notification that HRH died at 2.47pm
and after checking with a few other friends who have similar connections this appears to be the same msg they too received.
Rumours circulating she had a stroke in the morning.
Could all be incorrect information but seems to be the same coming out of various sources. :(
So just reading an article on Daily Fail so will take with a pinch of salt but I'd say something likely happened to her overnight. They scrambled the royal helicopter from Windsor at 06:48 to fly to Ayrshire to pick up Charles where he'd been staying after an event to get him to Balmoral and he arrived at 10:27. I'd imagine they've gone to wake her and found her very unwell. Anne was already at Balmoral and Camilla was driven there shortly after he arrived. The arrival time of William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie was around 30 minutes after she'd died 🙁.

We posted at the same time on this. I'm judging the time around half 4 as they mentioned it on BBC earlier in passing that was the time she'd died and apparently that was around the time of the call to Liz Truss who is the first person called but this could be wild speculation and as they are unlikely to reveal all the details, quite rightly, then it has to be taken with a pinch of salt as I say!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Some Lady Carol said on her youtube channel that she had been suffering from a "disease of the bone", probably bone cancer, which I have seen mentioned elsewhere as well.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Such sad sad news! I feel the media are picking on harry (no matter what we all
Think of him and his wife she was still his granny) the only ones that were there it seems are Charles and Anne yet all the papers full of how Harry didn’t make it etc etc. I just feel for a man who lost his mother so early on in his life and very recently lost his granddad too and now his beloved granny who he was close with when he was younger they are making a very emotional and difficult time worse 😢

Friends at work yesterday received a msg from partner who is in police force. Police apparently received notification that HRH died at 2.47pm
and after checking with a few other friends who have similar connections this appears to be the same msg they too received.
Could all be incorrect information but seems to be the same coming out of various sources. :(
I have see 2.47 too…glad others are upset and crying like myself and I’m not the only one.

Thinking back to her last Christmas speech where she sad she wanted Camilla to be Queen and how she has been over the last few months, it does seem likely she had some kind of inkling her time might be limited - but then that is the case for a lot of 96 year olds! I did think Charles looked vv emotional at the balcony appearance during the jubilee.

Given all the news presenters etc changed to black early afternoon I’d be surprised if she died as late as 4.30pm as even before that at least 1 BBC reporter had stated she had already died.

But the details don’t really matter. It’s still sad but I’m glad she seems to have had at least two of her children with her.

As for the Harry bashing - it’s just totally unnecessary. He was widely said to be the Queen’s favourite and he is in mourning too. He looked distraught in that picture of him in the car.

Reactions: 23
I believe that time too as there was no rushing to get William, Edward, Sophie & Andrew there. I believe they knew she had passed already. The news broke on TV at 12.30 and they didn’t arrive until 5pm. So sad. Also I hope the message wasn’t HRH died as she was HM 😉.

Reactions: 5
I believe that time too as there was no rushing to get William, Edward, Sophie & Andrew there. I believe they knew she had passed already. The news broke on TV at 12.30 and they didn’t arrive until 5pm. So sad. Also I hope the message wasn’t HRH died as she was HM 😉.
oops yes!! 😉

Reactions: 2
Such sad sad news! I feel the media are picking on harry (no matter what we all
Think of him and his wife she was still his granny) the only ones that were there it seems are Charles and Anne yet all the papers full of how Harry didn’t make it etc etc. I just feel for a man who lost his mother so early on in his life and very recently lost his granddad too and now his beloved granny who he was close with when he was younger they are making a very emotional and difficult time worse 😢
Unfortunately, Harry is an easy target to make headlines.
I am torn with my feelings on him. However, I’m gutted for him to lose his grandmother and pleased for him that he happened to be in the UK for her passing.

Reactions: 17