Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I was at Windsor today and accidentally hit all of this head on! Lucky coincidence. Say what you want about Meghan, but she was incredible with the crowd. She spent ages talking to a young boy in front of me about grief, and was very calming and utterly beautiful in real life. They were all humble, gracious and kind and it was a joy to be a part of.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

Howdy

VIP Member
Can I just share the cutest thing my kid said: "The Queen might be reincarnated and come back as a corgi". 💔

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’ve been following all the coverage over the past few days and I have to say it makes me really proud to be British. The history of it all being played out, everyone coming together to make this all happen. It’s pretty amazing to see.

I don’t know how the Royal family do it. They have had no time to privately grieve for their Mum and Granny, they are just having to follow all these traditions while the world watches on. I have so much respect for them. Especially for Princess Anne, her 6 hour journey behind her mothers coffin must have been heartbreaking yesterday. And she still has more travelling with The Queen when she moves to London. And Charles - he is doing a fantastic job greeting the public and going through all these ceremonies to welcome him as King when it’s probably the last thing on his mind.

Scotland you have done our Queen proud. I just hope we can do the same for her when she returns to England.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

LaTortuga

Tribute to HMTQ by Rangers tonight in their champions league match, they also sang the national anthem even though UEFA had denied their request to play it before the match, they played it anyway.

20220914_203433.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Rach88

VIP Member
Little bit unrelated but Huw Edwards has done a magnificent job in the last 12 days ♥ not put a foot wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Jojoanne1

Chatty Member
I’m lost. I really don’t know why her death has affected me so dramatically. Every time I watch the tv I end up crying. I feel so sorry for Charles he looks broken. I’ve not slept and I look like a wreck.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Our dog passed on the morning of the Queen's death.
Seeing her pets brought it all back there, would give anything to have him back.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

smooth_operator33

Chatty Member
I’ve just been given the royal mint collection for the queens wedding anniversaries. I was meant to get it on my 21st birthday last year but my grandma felt it was more fitting to receive it in a royal occasion and what a memorable one she has chosen. I feel honoured

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

Truthslayer

VIP Member
The hatred of Meghan is so disturbing. Can’t stand the media trying to pitch her and Kate against each other. I get that Meghan went against protocol by speaking to the press, but equally she must’ve been so worn down by all the lies told about her and the total lack of denial or protection from KP.

Also fair play to her for braving the walk, she must’ve been so nervous about getting heckled.

I feel for the family having to grieve so publicly, but they are lucky to have each other. Also fortunate covid restrictions have now ended so everyone can be at the funeral.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
Does anyone feel weird today? I didn’t know her, never met her though my husband did a few times. But after 10 days it’s suddenly bang, back to normal. News digging at the government and the usual guff. And I’m still watching videos from yesterday. Obviously we have to go back to normal it’s just a surreal. Can’t really explain it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 25

DrLoomis

We decided to go to Peterculter which wasn't as busy as I thought it would be (certainly not as busy as Banchory) still a wonderful turnout. Quite emotional when the Queen was driven by and I got a glimpse of Anne and she looked heartbroken. That got me.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Justherefortittle

VIP Member
Anyone going there and taking delight in how good the pictures they take are need to hold there heads in shame

They are showing Zero respect for what is happening - I’m no fan of the royals but sympathise with compassion at the loss of someones mother grandmother.

Anyone shoving cameras their way aren’t there showing respect they are making it about themselves- so they can say why they did to show respect or how involved they are in the moment. Bloody Grief tourists

Reactions: 23