Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Matricks

The scene at the end lmao. ‘They can laugh because they think I pissed myself. They have no clue I came in my pants’ 🤣
I probably shouldn't mention this, but I will anyway. This scene is quite prophetic because such an event happened to me many years ago during my time working at H.Samuels as a stock controller. As with Dobby, the woman in question was the "tease", shall we say, and I never got round to counting how many Rolex watches we had during that stock-take evening, :ROFLMAO:

It's been over a month since I last watched Peep Show, and am getting nervous twitches and a bit of cold turkey. I miss Alan's "Sausage Dog Fucker!" and Super Hans' "Take my advice: stay away from the goal end, mate. You don't wanna get thinking about that. It's like the Channel Tunnel. Lovely, it's all about your holidays, but imagine if you saw a fucking huge baby coming out of it. Never be the same again.” :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6

emm

VIP Member
Jez at the farmhouse - “I’m a mother fucker! I’m a literal mother fucker”
and "I am a fire starter, a twisted fire starter" as the barn burns :LOL:
not sure if it is the same episode, but when mark and sophie are looking for clothes for him and there is a t shirt with Mao on it and they have a conversation about him killing more people than Stalin "it is not a competition sophie.... but if it was mao would probably win"

• Haha

Matricks

Another good scene, although I forget the episode, is one where its late at night at their flat, and Jezz is making himself a secret hot drink by making sure he doesn't ding the spoon when stirring his hot mug. And then Mark appears and accuses him of making hot drinks for years without bothering to ask him.

Plus, a scene where insecure Mark buys a 9" dildo (for Dobby) and gives it a nick name called "Kenneth". I mean I'm no expert on these things, but who give nicknames to sex toys? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
Despite things like them having old.mobiles, tvs etc it doesn't seem at all dated does it?

Matricks

Episode called "Local Zero", and Nancy and Jeremy are just about to get it on when she asks what happened to Nim.

Oh, Nim, Nim, Nim, Nim, Nim, Fucking Nim! Look, if you love Nim so much, why don't you go and find him and screw him!
and then there's the scene with Mark jealously watching Sophie & Jeff getting up close and personal:-

Oh bollocks, they're giggling together! Should I intervene? No. It's fine, it's totally fine. Whatever will be will be. The future's not ours to see. But if she fucks him, I'll kill myself

• Haha

Matricks

He was a cheapskate but also paying for Jez so probably didn’t have as much money as he should! He did splash out and buy the creamy elephant though 😂
Good point. I suppose subsidizing Jeremy's lifestyle would put limitations on Mark's expenditure. But if you were Dobby would you be impressed with a pair of kitchen tongs from your boyfriend? :LOL:

• Haha

quinzel

VIP Member
My favourite episode is ‘Nether Zone’ when Mark and Jez are trapped together in the apartment building. Love their weird conversations and interactions while they’re alone together.
is that the one where a slice of pizza gets posted through the letterbox to them? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

abccc_

Chatty Member
I love scenes in the early series with Toni. “I’m not some kind of next-door fuck jar” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Matricks

Another memorable episode was when the boys have Mark's parents round for Christmas dinner, but not before Mark has a massive hissy fit (lots of effing and jeffing) with Jeremy when Jezza pretends he forgot to buy a turkey!

Then there's Super Han's "cockatoo" joke to Mark's mum

Mark's grumpy dad insisting that cauliflower is traditional with Christmas dinner, despite Mark suggesting otherwise.

And a discouraged Dobby doing a flounce in order to do some "violent masturbating!"

Classic episode with some supreme writing :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
Yes a thread about my favourite show ever!

One of my favourite episodes is the one with Jeremy's mum and her new boyfriend visiting. I just love the scene where they take Mark out to dinner and he has the best evening ever. Mark is such a dour pessimist it is great to see a scene where everything is going great and he is just loving life. "...And I have a tirimisu!"

I also love the lecture he gives to Sophie's rave friends about how stupid they all sound on drugs. "There are reasons for systems in this world. It's not all a conspiracy to keep you in tiny boxes..."

Other great bits:

Super Hans: Fine. You stay here and watch your negative orgone levels go through the fucking roof!

Dobby: Jeff's doing a joke. Jeff's doing a joke. Everybody quiet because Jeff's doing a joke.

Johnson's speech at Gerard's funeral. "May the scythes remorseless swing bring comfort to you all."

Gahh I'd be here all day if I was to list every great scene. Armstrong & Bain are bloody fantastic comedy writers.
Johnson’s speech at the funeral is just hilarious.
I love the episode where they go and stay at sophie’s parents and end up burning Down the barn
“or you could just blank him in the post office, that’d send a pretty strong message“
And when jez and Hans get the pub and want to name it “the swan and p*aedo” 😂

emm

VIP Member
I was laughing the other day about when Mark makes friends with that guy at work then it emerges that the guy is a massive racist nazi 🤣 but he so desperately wants a friend that he ignores it for as long as possible, denying it to himself. Ohh Mark 💔
love that episode! when he is talking to Johnson about the football, "he thinks you're french!" and the racist incident with the sausage :LOL:.
so glad I found this thread, this is my all time favourite show.
I love the episode where mark writes that book, Business Secrets of the Pharaohs, I don't know if anyone else listens but there is a peep show discussion podcast called Podcast Secrets of the Pharaohs

I love scenes in the early series with Toni. “I’m not some kind of next-door fuck jar” 😂
I love the episode where she recruits jez for a pyramid scheme and he goes to the interview at marks company and ends the interview with "tell me barbara, how much washing up do you think you could do without washing up liquid...?"
probably one of my fav episodes was when they go and stay at Sohpie's parents house with her weird brother and he barn burning. "maybe you could just blank him in the post office, that would send a pretty strong message"

Last edited:
  • Haha

emm

VIP Member
I do like Peep Show but I only watched as far as season 3. I do not understand some of the English sayings or witticisms my friends find very funny. But I will try again soon
it is REALLY british so I can imagine this would be hard to understand some of! I had an ex who was blingual english and another language but his mum was american, so his english was too, and he struggled!

Matricks

Slightly off-topic, but have just finished watching the first season of "Back" with Dave Mitchell (Mark) and Robert Webb (Jezz).

It's kind of okay I guess. Amusing at times, but it follows the more typical (less edgy?) sitcom route. And even though both Mitchell and Webb are essentially playing different characters, you just can't help but wait for a bit of Peep Showism to come screaming out of the rather middling script. And I would guess both guys knew it would be difficult to shake off their hugely popular PS characters here.

If you haven't seen Peep Show, then this sitcom will be quite entertaining, with some quite creative dark humour/drama mixed in for cool effect. But for me, it was just okay, especially with some supporting characters appearing and disappearing, never to be seen of again after only an episode or two!

Last edited:
  • Heart