Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
does anyone listen to Off Menu podcast? I listened to one the other day and James was detailing how he eats toast, 3 slices 2 savoury and then marmalade for dessert :LOL: reminded me so much of mark

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Noseybonk

VIP Member
After this thread reminding me how amazing Peep Show is, and the recommendation of the dinner party from hell with ‘Moroccan’ food, I rewatched the last series last night 😍. It is was amazing and the last episode had such a fitting but subtle ending. Favourite line of the series “Who’s watching the hostage?” Then Angus trying to escape. I am going to rewatch from series one again over the rest of Easter 😉👍🏻

emm

VIP Member
  • Haha
  • Wow

emm

VIP Member
Episode called "Local Zero", and Nancy and Jeremy are just about to get it on when she asks what happened to Nim.

and then there's the scene with Mark jealously watching Sophie & Jeff getting up close and personal:-
that reminded me of this, I can't remember which episode it is, but where jez says "they're hogging all the happiness" and mark says "that's not how it works" and then his inner monologue says "that's totally how it works"

Matricks

100% dobby, all of the others are awful! who would be your least favourite of the women? I really cannot even decide :LOL:
Toni - back-stabbing, two-timing attention-seeking drama queen. No thanks :rolleyes:
Nancy - means well, but has agendas, not least trying for arranged marriages in order to stay in the country :oops:
Sophie - Overbearing, sometimes quite controlling. But has some good qualities that appeal
Big Suze - She's a bit too posh and picky. Seems high maintenance.
Elena - Very cute, but might be hard work in a three-way relationship, plus her drug dealing activities, and tendency to not get involved in complicated issues and passing the buck onto others.

Out of all of them, perhaps Toni would be least fave, and then Sophie and Elena

Reactions: 4

ComeForTheX StayForTheY

Slightly off-topic, but have just finished watching the first season of "Back" with Dave Mitchell (Mark) and Robert Webb (Jezz).

It's kind of okay I guess. Amusing at times, but it follows the more typical (less edgy?) sitcom route. And even though both Mitchell and Webb are essentially playing different characters, you just can't help but wait for a bit of Peep Showism to come screaming out of the rather middling script. And I would guess both guys knew it would be difficult to shake off their hugely popular PS characters here.

If you haven't seen Peep Show, then this sitcom will be quite entertaining, with some quite creative dark humour/drama mixed in for cool effect. But for me, it was just okay, especially with some supporting characters appearing and disappearing, never to be seen of again after only an episode or two!
I think this is very fair. There are a few laugh out loud moments but it doesn't have the magic of Peep Show! It's quite watchable to kill an evening with though.

quinzel

VIP Member
Does cauliflower belong in a Christmas dinner? No, it’s not traditional. *shreds Christmas dinner*

• Haha

Sally1993

Chatty Member
When Jeremy loses Super Han’s pet python in the children’s soft play centre and Mark buries a drunk Sophie in the ball pit and has a shag in the loo with April 😅

• Haha
  • Heart

ComeForTheX StayForTheY

I love this show. Too many good episodes to mention, but one stands out from S7 called "Nether Zone" I think. Both Mark & Jeremy are locked in the corridors of Zahra and Ben's home. Jeremy orders a pizza, but not before peeing through the front door letter box. The pizza is then delivered through the same letter box covered in hairs and pee!

Later on the boys hide in the bath behind a shower curtain while Ben takes a No 2 on the loo. Their expressions are priceless!
I LOVE the Nether zone!!
Great, I'm going to miss the champagne and canapés, because I'm working as Jeremy's mad pizza butler 🤣
But how did Jez order the pizza?! They don't know the address!
Brilliant episode though!

• Haha
Random but the guy who played the robber that Mark sits on was the quizmaster at a pub I was at last night. He played the bully in Bad Education too.

• Wow

Cheevalie

My favourite episode is ‘Nether Zone’ when Mark and Jez are trapped together in the apartment building. Love their weird conversations and interactions while they’re alone together.

IMissDi

it is REALLY british so I can imagine this would be hard to understand some of! I had an ex who was blingual english and another language but his mum was american, so his english was too, and he struggled!
I am French but have been living in England for 3 years. I have learn English well but I think the sayings in Peep Show are still hard to understand or laugh at. but I will get there soon or later.

HitchhikingGhost

VIP Member
Talking of Nancy reminds me of the wedding episode..

'oh Nancy, don't marry those gays'

'how about instead of i do, I say do I, as in do I ever'

Then the awkward first dance scene with Jez on his own as Nancy has gone to the job interview

• Haha

quinzel

VIP Member
I also hope no one is having cauliflower in their Christmas dinner. It’s not traditional!

• Haha