Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Matricks

jeremy, at least life would be entertaining :LOL: also the idea of "fish pie, then missionary sex and newsnight" doesn't appeal :LOL:
I seem to recall an episode where Mark wants to have phone sex with Sophie while talking about Andrew Neil and politics!

Mark is so vanilla, uptight and utterly safe; whereas Jeremy is the complete opposite, especially around the bum :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
100% Peep Show bingeing tonight. It’s just so perfect for when you feel shit. I always come back to it when I’ve had a bad day 💓 like a comfort blanket haha
Yes completely agree! Peep Show and Inbetweeners are my go to whenever I feel rubbish and need a good laugh.

• Heart

abccc_

Chatty Member
Just out of interest, who would you prefer to have a relationship with - Mark or Jeremy?
Jez would be fun in the beginning (and he’d go to Hastings to buy bread for you) but then long-term he’d inevitably cheat/lie/run over and eat your dog and I just could not put up with the laziness.

So I guess that means I’m going with Mark?! 🤣🤣

• Haha

Lalla

VIP Member
Was watching the episode where Gerard dies last night.

Johnson's funeral speech is genius. My partner has said that if he goes before me, I have to reference the scythe's remorseless swing in any eulogy I do for him.

1620129377994.png

• Haha
So glad I’ve found this thread. Omg. Peep show is the best. Me and the bloke spent our 20s stoned watching this brilliance. Still quote it regularly. This thread has proper made me laugh.

this scene is one of the best. Still proper cry laugh when watching it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6

emm

VIP Member
So glad I’ve found this thread. Omg. Peep show is the best. Me and the bloke spent our 20s stoned watching this brilliance. Still quote it regularly. This thread has proper made me laugh.

this scene is one of the best. Still proper cry laugh when watching it 🤣
I've seen every episode so often just looking at that screen shot i know exactly what is happening, def one of my fav epsiodes "how much washing up do you think you could do without washing up liquid?" :LOL:

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
Slightly off-topic, but have just finished watching the first season of "Back" with Dave Mitchell (Mark) and Robert Webb (Jezz).

It's kind of okay I guess. Amusing at times, but it follows the more typical (less edgy?) sitcom route. And even though both Mitchell and Webb are essentially playing different characters, you just can't help but wait for a bit of Peep Showism to come screaming out of the rather middling script. And I would guess both guys knew it would be difficult to shake off their hugely popular PS characters here.

If you haven't seen Peep Show, then this sitcom will be quite entertaining, with some quite creative dark humour/drama mixed in for cool effect. But for me, it was just okay, especially with some supporting characters appearing and disappearing, never to be seen of again after only an episode or two!
yeah I agree, I have seen a couple of episodes and think if I had watched it before peep show I would like it more but as it is it is just a let down, let's be honest nothing will match up to peep show!

Beaversabout

Chatty Member
I'm addicted to watching peep show!
I don't know why Sophie had two men always interested in her though?
Dobby really annoyed me too. The casual swearing, not liking the cat mark got for her, being rude in general in the way she spoke sometimes. Never without a bf either? Weird.
Elena was also a pointless character. Bit irritating.
I liked Johnson: stick that up your dojo!

Sally1993

Chatty Member
love that episode! when he is talking to Johnson about the football, "he thinks you're french!" and the racist incident with the sausage :LOL:.
so glad I found this thread, this is my all time favourite show.
I love the episode where mark writes that book, Business Secrets of the Pharaohs, I don't know if anyone else listens but there is a peep show discussion podcast called Podcast Secrets of the Pharaohs

I love the episode where she recruits jez for a pyramid scheme and he goes to the interview at marks company and ends the interview with "tell me barbara, how much washing up do you think you could do without washing up liquid...?"
probably one of my fav episodes was when they go and stay at Sohpie's parents house with her weird brother and he barn burning. "maybe you could just blank him in the post office, that would send a pretty strong message"
Jez at the farmhouse - “I’m a mother fucker! I’m a literal mother fucker”

• Haha

Matricks

every time i see this episode it just reminds me of come dine with me :LOL: and that awful "cocktail"
It reminds me of what a cheapskate Mark really is!

Didn't he buy a pair of kitchen tongs for Dobby? (And the promise of a gold chain, that was currently "stuck in the post"). Also his make-shift meals for dinner party guests, including baked beans, and cheese marked with a blue felt-tip pen to make it look like Blue Stilton cheese!

I'm sure there are other examples of his ruthless tightfistedness, despite have a good (former) job with JLB - i.e. not allowing Jez to use the electric fan heater; or preventing Jez from ramping up the Central Heating to 29C (in order to give the boiler something to aim for, according to Jez:ROFLMAO:)

• Haha

Matricks

Have just been watching S1 again, and another deeply philosophical & deeply moving quote from Jeremy :-

I'm a dirty hobbit and she's a sexy elf, so she might be "Ohh, you dirty hobbit. Take off my bodkin and my jerkin." Oh yeah, pixie ears. But that sword, what if she was a hobbit slayer? I'd just use my enchanted amulet. Oh yeah... yield to me, hobbit slayer, you will touch my magic cock!
(as he masturbates over the front cover of one Mark's fantasy art magazines.

Which reminds me of another episode where Jeremy is donating sperm at a sperm bank, but finds there's no "adult" magazines to raise his hopes, so to speak. So he takes out a £20 from his wallet and uses that instead

OK Queenie, it's back in the 50s, you're nice and young, you've just been coronated, I'm taking off your cloak... No, leave the crown on. Ooh, what's this? Stockings? You've been getting through your nylon ration book pretty quickly, you naughty, sexy Queen!
He really is a disgusting degenerate, but a rather lovable disgusting degenerate at that :LOL:

• Haha
I've seen every episode so often just looking at that screen shot i know exactly what is happening, def one of my fav epsiodes "how much washing up do you think you could do without washing up liquid?" :LOL:
“It’s just a thing I have... sometimes... facial spasming...” 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha