Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Matricks

I love Mark's total meltdown when he has a go at Jeremy for "forgetting" to buy the Christmas turkey :ROFLMAO:

(Be warned - turn your volume down a touch: LOTS of F bombs ahead!! (y) )

• Haha
Reactions: 9

emm

VIP Member
Just out of interest, who would you prefer to have a relationship with - Mark or Jeremy?
jeremy, at least life would be entertaining :LOL: also the idea of "fish pie, then missionary sex and newsnight" doesn't appeal :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Matricks

I always liked Mark's dislike for the bum, quote " I don't want to hear about the bum Jeremy. I know for you it all revolves around the bum. You're like the Copernicus of the anus. "

While the more adventurous Jeremy replies with "You've got to know about the bum, Mark. Otherwise, it's like only cooking with the hob and never using the oven!"

• Haha
Reactions: 8

effsy

Absolutely love peep show, been my comfort rewatch show for so many years now but never get sick of it. Love so many of the moments already mentioned but two of my faves has to be -
"You don't perhaps wish to play the classic board game, sorry? Or we could hunt for youtube clips of the Ronnie Corbett sitcom 'Sorry!' while we ate some..." (bit much) "...Sorrel soup?" and "Alright, you've had your fun with the sectioning. There'll be no more sectioning today"

• Haha
Yes a thread about my favourite show ever!

One of my favourite episodes is the one with Jeremy's mum and her new boyfriend visiting. I just love the scene where they take Mark out to dinner and he has the best evening ever. Mark is such a dour pessimist it is great to see a scene where everything is going great and he is just loving life. "...And I have a tirimisu!"

I also love the lecture he gives to Sophie's rave friends about how stupid they all sound on drugs. "There are reasons for systems in this world. It's not all a conspiracy to keep you in tiny boxes..."

Other great bits:

Super Hans: Fine. You stay here and watch your negative orgone levels go through the fucking roof!

Dobby: Jeff's doing a joke. Jeff's doing a joke. Everybody quiet because Jeff's doing a joke.

Johnson's speech at Gerard's funeral. "May the scythes remorseless swing bring comfort to you all."

Gahh I'd be here all day if I was to list every great scene. Armstrong & Bain are bloody fantastic comedy writers.

BashmentLady

VIP Member
the last scene of the first episode - Mark screaming while chasing children with a wooden plank. Sophie's shocked face in the bus.

1619626743429.png

• Haha

Jane Tee

VIP Member
As someone who loves her crunchy nut cornflakes, i love the quote that they're frosties for wankers.

• Haha
Reactions: 7