The Masked Singer (UK) #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Viking is Norwegian singer Christian Ingebrigtsen from boyband A1.

20210126_102752.jpg

Clues

A1 did a cover of A-Ha's song 'Take on Me'

It said A1 on the map.

20210126_110241.jpg

Reactions: 3
Hes a classic 'David Beckham' beautiful face but quite squeaky and has a questionable dress sense. Not liking the blue suits.
I don't mind his voice, he's incredibly attractive definitely. And I agree about the blue suits. But the red one he wore earlier in the series and wears in the promo shots 😍😍😍 that one I am obsessed with.

Reactions: 1
I think Badger is Jack Osborne - no idea why, although Ozzie is Brummie and there was a bit of a twang and It was a Kelly Clarkson song. Its a reach, i know

No one else think Robin is Peter Andre?

He sung in Albert square for children in need.
He started out as a Michael Jackson impersonator
It sounds like him
Dance moves look like him
He is an ITV favourite
I do yeah! I guessed Peter a few weeks ago just based on his voice and his little moves with the feet lol

I’m 100% certain Viking is Morten Harket. All the clues add up.
- King’s rock, plus the hint about silver mines: he’s from Kongsberg (king’s rock is Kongsberg, directly translated), which has a large silver mine
- another armour: he has received the Order of St. Olav (the Norwegian kingdom’s order of chivalry)
- looking for his voice: he has been a mentor on the Norwegian version of The Voice
- record breaking: has had the biggest live audience ever (Rock in Rio 1991), and I think he also holds the European record for longest tone
- is dressed as a Viking, hints to him being Scandinavian
- explorer/curios mind: this is the one I’m least sure of, but Morten Harket is quite well known (at least in Norway) for being a tad philosophical. He has also explored/conquered the world with a-Ha.
- billions have watched them do their thing: the music video for Take on Me surpassed a billion views on YouTube last year.
- he has quite a noticeable w instead of v when saying the word Viking, a usual error made by Norwegians (the one I struggle the most with myself)

... and he also sounds just like him, especially what he sounds like live. That falsetto is iconic. Even his daughter is convinced it is him.

(Also, one of the contestants in the Norwegian version of The Masked Singer also sang a duet as herself without costume with one of the other contestants, so a double bluff isn’t that unlikely.)

- King’s rock, plus the hint about silver mines: he’s from Kongsberg (king’s rock is Kongsberg, directly translated), which has a large silver mine
- another armour: he has received the Order of St. Olav (the Norwegian kingdom’s order of chivalry)
- looking for his voice: he has been a mentor on the Norwegian version of The Voice
- record breaking: has had the biggest live audience ever (Rock in Rio 1991), and I think he also holds the European record for longest tone
- explorer/curios mind: this is the one I’m least sure of, but Morten Harket is quite well known (at least in Norway) for being a tad philosophical. He has also explored/conquered the world with a-Ha.
- billions have watched them do their thing: the music video for Take on Me surpassed a billion views on YouTube last year.
- he has quite a noticeable w instead of v when saying the word Viking, a usual error made by Norwegians (the one I struggle the most with myself)

... and he also sounds just like him, especially what he sounds like live. That falsetto is iconic. Even his daughter is convinced it is him.

(Also, one of the contestants in the Norwegian version of The Masked Singer also sang a duet as herself without costume with one of the other contestants, so a double bluff isn’t that unlikely.)
After that song everyone was going it's the guy from deadpool so yeah it's him I'd say. The only issue is they said everyone was recognisable and very well known and until this I wouldn't have recognised him nor had I heard his name before same with all my social media. People just know him as the guy from aha but no name 😂
But the clues 100% fit him though I'm not sure where the welsh twang came from

I agree. If you listen to the acoustic recording of take on me the vocal is EXACTLY the same. Link here

I think you're right. It would be a huge disappointment if it were anyone from A1. No offence!

I think you're right. It would be a huge disappointment if it were anyone from A1. No offence!
I think the A1 clue is just the fact that they have a pretty well known cover of Take on Me (and Spandau Falls referring to when they knocked Spandau Ballet from first place in the charts)

Reactions: 6
I think the A1 clue is just the fact that they have a pretty well known cover of Take on Me (and Spandau Falls referring to when they knocked Spandau Ballet from first place in the charts)
Good sleuthing re: Spandau Falls!!! I think the judges are pretending not to know, like they are with Lenny.

Good sleuthing re: Spandau Falls!!! I think the judges are pretending not to know, like they are with Lenny.
Not sure about pretending not to know no one I know knows him 😂 it's not immediately obvious unless you're an aha fan. JR should know but I highly doubt Rita or Mo would

Not sure about pretending not to know no one I know knows him 😂 it's not immediately obvious unless you're an aha fan. JR should know but I highly doubt Rita or Mo would
Yeah, JR should def know. I’m Norwegian, and these facts are (mostly) common knowledge here, but surely his voice is easily recognisable even for people outside of Norway, especially for people in the entertainment industry?
Even I recognise Lenny Henry, and I’ve only seen him in Broadchurch (and remember people joking about the guy from Premier Inn potentially being a murderer), didn’t know who he was prior to that.

Yeah, JR should def know. I’m Norwegian, and these facts are (mostly) common knowledge here, but surely his voice is easily recognisable even for people outside of Norway, especially for people in the entertainment industry?
Even I recognise Lenny Henry, and I’ve only seen him in Broadchurch (and remember people joking about the guy from Premier Inn potentially being a murderer), didn’t know who he was prior to that.
Good point! I forget that they're younger and some of us are not ;) Davina would know, also. Anyone around in the 80s would remember A-Ha, they were pretty big at the time (I'm speaking audience-wise here).

Funnily enough, they were referenced in a Drag Race episode, one of the Queens did a lip sync to Take On Me, which was really cool, but that queen only knew it because of her mother. So..yes, definitely an age thing or somebody with a lot of music knowledge of that period.

Good point! I forget that they're younger and some of us are not ;) Davina would know, also. Anyone around in the 80s would remember A-Ha, they were pretty big at the time (I'm speaking audience-wise here).

Funnily enough, they were referenced in a Drag Race episode, one of the Queens did a lip sync to Take On Me, which was really cool, but that queen only knew it because of her mother. So..yes, definitely an age thing or somebody with a lot of music knowledge of that period.
It's definitely an age thing, I grew up with the A1 version 😂but people are recognising it from Deadpool2 just don't know his name etc but the other songs it wasn't as obvious to none fans.

I’m going to throw out a couple of really wild cards - Yvette Fielding or Debra Stephenson. I think it’s Gabrielle based on the voice but have no idea of some of the clues.

I'm thinking dragon is sandi toksvig.
There was a sand timer and she presents fifteen to one
The backwards iq clue
And all by myself is in the film brief encounters which is where she said her accent was based from

I'm thinking dragon is sandi toksvig.
There was a sand timer and she presents fifteen to one
The backwards iq clue
And all by myself is in the film brief encounters which is where she said her accent was based from
I think Dragon is Courtney Act.
-DRAGon
-The rainbow representing LGBTQ+
-The shoe clue: when performing once, Courtney's shoe went flying into the audience
-On week 1 she performed "You've got a friend in me", she previously performed this with fellow drag queen Adore Delano, and sounds exactly the same.
-Dragon's Den could be a reference to RuPaul's Drag Race, as it is like a den for Drag.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.