The Masked Singer (UK) #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t like how this series, they are allowing singers to sing along to pre-recorded vocals, and auto tune. (Such as Mel B and the higher note on Cant Get You Out Of My Head). I want to hear them truly sing. It makes them sound like they’re less capable when they have the backing track.

I also don’t like the amount of filler in the show, it’s like they’ve stretched a 60 minute programme out to a 90 minute one. And the incessant inane comments and interruptions from the judges. There’s way too much focus on the judges in general, and they’re not that funny.

I'm thinking dragon is sandi toksvig.
There was a sand timer and she presents fifteen to one
The backwards iq clue
And all by myself is in the film brief encounters which is where she said her accent was based from
She’s only 4’11, too small to be Dragon.

Reactions: 1
I think Dragon is Courtney Act.
-DRAGon
-The rainbow representing LGBTQ+
-The shoe clue: when performing once, Courtney's shoe went flying into the audience
-On week 1 she performed "You've got a friend in me", she previously performed this with fellow drag queen Adore Delano, and sounds exactly the same.
-Dragon's Den could be a reference to RuPaul's Drag Race, as it is like a den for Drag.
Can't courtney sing though I don't thing Dragon can. The songs the first few weeks aren't significant as such it's the last song that is the huge clue

That's a good point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I don’t like how this series, they are allowing singers to sing along to pre-recorded vocals, and auto tune. (Such as Mel B and the higher note on Cant Get You Out Of My Head). I want to hear them truly sing. It makes them sound like they’re less capable when they have the backing track.

I also don’t like the amount of filler in the show, it’s like they’ve stretched a 60 minute programme out to a 90 minute one. And the incessant inane comments and interruptions from the judges. There’s way too much focus on the judges in general, and they’re not that funny.

I’m tired of Jonathan Ross’s ‘joke’ guesses - not funny mate

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else think Rita Ora shouldn’t carry on with her role on the Masked Singer considering the latest news about her party last year that her management offered the restaurant money to beak lockdown rules. The restaurant manager has been sacked but Rita doesn’t seem to be affected by any of it. The police also found out that the CCTV at the restaurant was turned off.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Does anyone else think Rita Ora shouldn’t carry on with her role on the Masked Singer considering the latest news about her party last year that her management offered the restaurant money to beak lockdown rules. The restaurant manager has been sacked but Rita doesn’t seem to be affected by any of it. The police also found out that the CCTV at the restaurant was turned off.
Well the show was recorded months ago, no way to get rid of her from this series. Beyond that who knows what will happen

Reactions: 5
Well the show was recorded months ago, no way to get rid of her from this series. Beyond that who knows what will happen
I feel so stupid. I didn’t know it was precordered 🤦‍♀️ Thanks for letting me know.
oh well never mind just have to put up with her for the rest of the series now.

Reactions: 2
I feel so stupid. I didn’t know it was precordered 🤦‍♀️ Thanks for letting me know.
oh well never mind just have to put up with her for the rest of the series now.
I agree she should be dropped from the show after this series though. I've never liked her, but her disregard for lockdown is a disgrace.

Reactions: 6
I agree she should be dropped from the show after this series though. I've never liked her, but her disregard for lockdown is a disgrace.
The fact her mother works in healthcare and has been calling out people who break lockdown and she does that! It's disgusting she's broken lockdown at least 3 times but the last was ridiculous,no respect. She should go help her Mum out for the day see how she gets on

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don’t care about the lockdown thing, I don’t agree with cancelling people anyway. She’s paid her fine and that’s the end of it.

However I think the whole judges panel needs shaking up. Rita is the least annoying one to me, although that’s not saying much.

They need to stop with the fake “shocked” faces, screaming “Yes, Badger!!!” (or whoever), and “Who. Are. You????!!” in an anguished voice, interrupting, and making unfunny stupid guesses.

Davina has to be the most annoying for me, even though I usually like her. Johnathan is annoying this year but was better last year. The new bloke isn’t annoying and has the right balance of funniness and serious guesses, but it still feels like he doesn’t really add much. I think he might work better with a better panel who he could bounce off of.

To my mind, at least two of the judges have to be replaced, with either comedians or other witty celebrities. As long as the comedians don't attention-seek too much, and can be serious when necessary.

Looking forward to seeing Alan Carr tonight.

Could harlequin be Mrs Hinch? The cleaning clue and being seen behind another mask (that Gretel filter)?

Could harlequin be Mrs Hinch? The cleaning clue and being seen behind another mask (that Gretel filter)?
Hinch can’t sing but ..... I think Sausage is Stacey Solomon and the other week both Hinch & SS were off Instagram for two days - I think they were both at some after show party or something. Also there was reference to Sausage looking like a horse and she can sing 🎶

I don’t care about the lockdown thing, I don’t agree with cancelling people anyway. She’s paid her fine and that’s the end of it
That's the problem though, it's not the end of it because she keeps doing it. 10k fine is nothing to her.

Reactions: 6
Here's a list of songs that will be sung tonight for anyone who is interested, I'll leave it under a spoiler for those who don't want to know.

Reactions: 2
Can't courtney sing though I don't thing Dragon can. The songs the first few weeks aren't significant as such it's the last song that is the huge clue

That's a good point.
I've seen Courtney Act sing live and she has a very strong singing voice. I would have thought she'd do some songs to show off her voice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.