The Ingham Family #28 Sarah’s about to pop, but still finds time to shop, they want baby to arrive late, so daddy still gets to skate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK, this is me probably bringing my own lack of knowledge into it, but I thought for cost reasons, or whatever, epidurals aren't freely given for NHS births in the UK? I got the impression cause people, either through their own money or insurance payouts, pay for everything upfront in countries like the USA, they can get epidural anaesthesia more easily and as standard for birth?

Again, I could be completely wrong here!
Epidurals are V common on the NHS.

Reactions: 3
The NHS covers the cost of epidurals. I was asked if I wanted one but I didn’t. I definitely hadn’t paid anything towards one should I need one.

Reactions: 2
Epidurals are on offer here. They aren't restricted at all but i've had 4 totally natural births (i labour fast.. 10 mins being my shortest, 1 hour 40 being my longest) so i couldn't tell you really if they're a last resort after you've tried other methods or not. We were lucky enough to have midwife led units when i had my older 3 children.. though had my oldest and youngest in a hospital.. was out within 6 hours with my last baby.

Baby looks ginger to me with a good set of lungs and looking like he'll want feeding at least hourly lol bet she wont' keep up the breast is best lark if at all at that rate.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I actually felt emotional watching him being born.
Not because of them but that little innocent boy has no clue that he is a performing monkey
Bless him

• Sad
Reactions: 19
They are going to give him serious appearance issues if they aren't careful. I'm amazed they haven't with Esme. I grew up in a family with other redheads who didn't dye their hair, and I still ended up hating mine until I was at least twenty. Interestingly enough, I now get lots of compliments on it. But the school years can be tough when you're in the redhead club, especially if you're male.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
OK, this is me probably bringing my own lack of knowledge into it, but I thought for cost reasons, or whatever, epidurals aren't freely given for NHS births in the UK? I got the impression cause people, either through their own money or insurance payouts, pay for everything upfront in countries like the USA, they can get epidural anaesthesia more easily and as standard for birth?

Again, I could be completely wrong here!
I had an epidural with my daughter, the NHS so provide them for free. They can slow labour down though and make it harder to get baby out due to not being able to feel anything/feel much

No they dont. I have to do movement as part of my job and if i dragged someone backwards id loose my job. They are easier backwards but should go forwards.

I work in a hospital and after a bit of practice you can push them forward

my sister was born with dark brown hair and now blonde, so i dont think judging a hair colour that early means anything. hes probably going to be ginger. plus esme isnt really blonde, its more strawberry blonde tone. also normal people who love their wives say sweet things like, sweetie, baby, honey, but nope, he calls her Man LOL promps to Sarah though, the the youtube moms give birth in makeup barely cracking a foundation line whilst giving birth, she was pretty all out their and not caring about the camera, so good for her.

Reactions: 1
I thought Sarah handled the labour really well - I was really struck though by the lack of physical contact between Chris and her throughout though, he didn’t appear to be giving her any comfort or encouragement. He even seemed to keep smirking like he was enjoying her pain. I thought her holding the baby was quite sad, she looked vulnerable and he still offered her nothing - surely most husbands would have given their wife a kiss or something?! Can’t believe they didn’t do skin to skin first thing. I hope the baby does have ginger hair because I love ginger hair and think Esme’s is beautiful.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
No looks like mummy Jane

Lazy by name lazy by nature!!!! Urrrrm this is her 4th baby she should be up and out- but no she’s milking it yet again. Don’t they usually discharge you after 6 hours- unless baby is born at night???!! We know he was born first thing in the morning!!! Unless of course they went private to have him- then she’ll probably be there for the foreseeable
I would say it’s to do with having the epidural. I don’t think they let you go straight away due to having a catheter. Have to pee a certain amount before they let you go! Naturally pee I mean

Last edited:
Was more excited about getting a ham sandwich as after all they will be celebrating the birth in a few hours. Dragged her round backwards on a wheelchair whilst she held onto all the luggage and called her ‘man’ several times.

Actually farsicle

Oh and hi Chris. He didn’t look blonde to me, actually reckon he’s ginger
The dragging through the hospital backwards was my absolute favourite bit. Never mind treating your poor poor pregnant wife with respect and kid gloves, must get content for the vlog. I usually cry at programmes like One Born Every Minute but this just left me cold. Of course, the baby is gorgeous and I'm pleased he got here ok, none of my loathing for Chris and Sarah is aimed at any of their kids.

Reactions: 9
I only watched after the baby was born, I think he is the spit of Isla.
Sarah really struggled to force out them tears didn't she after he was born 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Bloody hell... only been away for a couple of days (off grid) and came back to nearly 20 pages to catch up on!...

So who is going to own up to letting Sarah's tyre down?! Everyone in the neighbourhood knows them and their car and as it wasn't a puncture...well....you gotta wonder...

Not being funny but have these kids never encountered wild ducks before? At the Reservoir Chris was screaming like a big baby when the ducks approached them, looking for food. What a wuss. Prinny is more of a man than he is. (Who da fool, now, Creepy?)

Made me laugh when the girls were directed to pose for the soppy segment while the cheesy 'Tai Chi' style music played, looking wistfully over the water whilst unwittingly standing next to the dog tit bin! Dee-light-ful! Not very good feng shui there, Creepy! (Probably thinks he's a Zen Master though because he drinks chai lattes from Costa.)

I really wish the ifam wouldn't waste their time, money and effort sending gifts in. Of course it's a nice gesture but I'm sure when Sarah says "Oooh that's so so gorgeous, I think we'll take that one to the hospital", what she really means is, "Take a good look because that's going straight in the bin"...and actually in the case of that bloody hideous blue blanket thing, I couldn't really blame her. What a fugly creation (the blanket, not Sarah!)

Creepy and the girls and their fish & chips extravaganza, sitting out in the evening, in the freezing cold, in a car park next to a busy looking main road. Why the need to always try and pimp up everything so it seems so much bigger and better than what it actually is? I'm sorry but if that's his idea of an "outdoor party" then it's no wonder that he's always crashing the kids parties for kicks! Why can't he just say they stopped for a fish & chip supper?...A party? Really?!

Oh and I'm no snob but about Sports Direct....firstly, since when has that been classed as a "cool" shop? And secondly, can you really be that cool when you use the word "redonculous" ffs?!

And about this stretch and sweep procedure... Is it really appropriate to tell the girls about it? And the younger ifam...Do they really need to know about someone faffing about with her foof, ffs?

Just psyching myself up to watch today's vlog...glad the baby is apparently here safely but seeing a helpless, newborn baby take its place in their warped world is just so sad, the poor little fella.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I thought Sarah handled the labour really well - I was really struck though by the lack of physical contact between Chris and her throughout though, he didn’t appear to be giving her any comfort or encouragement. He even seemed to keep smirking like he was enjoying her pain. I thought her holding the baby was quite sad, she looked vulnerable and he still offered her nothing - surely most husbands would have given their wife a kiss or something?! Can’t believe they didn’t do skin to skin first thing. I hope the baby does have ginger hair because I love ginger hair and think Esme’s is beautiful.
I thought this, didn’t even kiss the top of her head or anything! He is absolutely vile and doesn’t deserve that beautiful baby boy!
Camera shoved in his face the moment he was born, it should have been such a private moment 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 12
He's adorable and I'm glad he looks like Esme the only relatable humble one in that family,

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Watched the vlog. Gorgeous baby and I'm glad he's here safely and is healthy. I can't even watch one born each minute without bawling like a baby but this birth just didn't move me at all. What sort of husband calls his wife man? I'd have swung for him. Just didn't feel like there was any raw emotion or love during that vlog. Compare it to Family Fizz and their birth vlog and its actually quite tit. I sobbed when baby Karma was born.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.