The Ingham Family #118 Orlando Groom & Katy Belly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have a house on the coast quite near there. Would cost about €100 to get there in a cab. We haven’t been there since February half term because... pandemic. We feel quite guilty about it sitting empty and if they were nicer and less selfish people with a good reason for being stranded in Spain, I’d be inclined to let them know how to get in so they could get their car couriered to them when it was ready. But nah

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
This is surely a level of irony that even Alanis Morissette (although she didn’t understand irony, which is in itself, somewhat ironic) would approve of. The man whose hair contains enough oil to lubricate a lubrication factory doesn’t have the gumption to correctly monitor and maintain a vehicle. I laughed so much that I nearly left my son alone on the beach. Oh wait, no I didn’t.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Im assuming any insurance wont cover this either?
I doubt it would cover it for an old car during normal times, it especially won't as they crossed into Spain when the government advice is only travel to Spain for essential reasons.

They're down nearly a grand with no guarantee it'll be fixed, wasting at least a week and stuck on a motorway - I almost want to click on an advert. See tattlers aren't that bad 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I'll just say this again... I'm not jealous 🤣

And I'll say this again, for the love of god, Lazy, it's a caravan, not a cara van.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Who the hell goes on a few thousand mile trip especially abroad without a basic oil and car maintenance check?
Numbnuts!

And as for Jace on the back pack on the scooter! Wtf!
Same people who can't figure out how to get air con working and couldn't get hot water for shower in their motorhome.
Also the same people who think travelling during a Pandemic is absolutely fine🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Love how she claimed that jace being in the carrier when they went on scooters was the same as if he was on a bike with them. Difference is that a bike seat has a harness for a child. If whoever is carrying Jace hits a pothole or stone and goes over the handlebars, that child will have serious injuries.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I also take it that it didn’t occur to them to have their car serviced before they set off on their MEGA NO END IN SIGHT EVER trip of Europe?

No? Shame really.....🤣

Just when you think the best thing would be a rant and then this happens 🤣
They wouldn’t have had time, remember they were trying to beat the local lockdown 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She’s happy to not always feel like they need to be doing things this week.
I think she needs to watch her own vlogs 😂

I would be worried about the car... it won’t be a simple fix will it?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN TO US.. WHEN THINGS GO VERY WRONG ON THE ROAD | VANLIFE EUROPE 2020

Emotional music plays to scenes of a police car and motorbike parked at the side of the road. Smoke comes off the back of the landrover as it's loaded onto a truck. Ah dear, less than 30 seconds in and this is bloody hilarious.

It's Monday, August 17. Lazy welcomes us to the vlog and tells us it's been an interesting 24 hours. The plan was not to vlog yesterday so they could drive. You can't really vlog whilst you're driving because you have to stop and vlog for content so they took the day off in the hopes they could get to the destination they're heading towards. However that didn't happen for the Inghams.

*Storytime* The day before, when the Inghams were at the truck stop, they were driving down the road and the car kept losing power, especially when going uphill so they pulled over at a service station to check the oil and water. The oil said it was fine but Lazy knew she hadn't topped up the oil since she started driving it (December 2018) and Lazy drives so far in the car (to Disneyland and the European roadtrip). Anyway they bought a litre of oil for £40, put it in and the car was fine. They thought the oil gauge was faulty and typed the symptoms into Google but the oil hadn't been topped up since before lockdown. Jace interrupts and decides he wants to go for a walk. Anyway, the Inghams drove into Spain on Saturday without incident. 'the car ran beautiful' and they drove 500 miles. They parked up on Saturday and planned to take Sunday off so they could finish the journey. They woke up at 8am and set off at 9:10am. They drove for a couple of hours and the car started to lose power again. The car went into 'limp home mode'; not reacting to acceleration an struggling up hills so they pulled up at another service station to top the oil up again because they thought the caravan was draining it. Creepy bought a big bottle for £100, poured it in and Lazy thinks he overfilled it because the car was letting out black smoke at the back and then it just broke down.

They pulled over at the side of the road and phoned the breakdown cover they have whilst Lazy got the kids out of the car to safety. It was scorching hot but Lazy saw a bridge and told Creepy she was going to walk over there with the kids. When you break down in Spain the police come and wait with you so Creepy had the police there with him. Wow, he must've been shitting himself. I bet he was sweating a lot (and not because of the sun). The tow truck came and Lazy walked back down as the car was being hoisted up onto 'this wagon type thing' and she could hear this ccccrrrrrrr crrrrrrrr screeching and the policeman was sat looking at the car going 'ooohhh sssssss oooohhhhhh'. Lazy was screeching 'baaaaaaabbbbbeeeeee stttooooooppppp, you're snapping the tow bar off' The tow bar was scraping down the motorway. Creepy stopped and the tow bar was completely ruined. The tow company has accepted responsibility and agreed to fix the tow bar. The policeman told the Inghams to get into the caravan and Lazy said they couldn't drive down the motorway in the caravan. Lazy wasn't comfortable doing it. The policeman then said 'no drive' and Lazy thought she was getting mixed up; that the officer just wanted the Inghams off the motorway. They got in the caravan and started 'blooming tonking it down the motorway'. Lazy has never been so terrified in her life; they were bouncing all over the place, Jace was crawling all over the place and Lazy was trying to keep him still. The Inghams were in there for half hour and it was awful.
*End of storytime*

They Inghams were told to sleep in the tow company's yard for the night and they're in the middle of no where in a car garage. They walked up the road and found a proper Spanish restaurant. The car was taken to a different garage this morning, got the oil level correct. They're now waiting for a new part for the tow bar. Creepy was told to take the car for a drive to make sure it worked properly but he went half hour ago and hasn't come back. Lazy can't see that he would be driving for half hour and a tow van has just gone out; Lazy thinks it's for Creepy. It's not good news, Lazy can feel it.

Meanwhile with Creepy, he is filming the car on the back of the tow truck. He's inside and says it isn't good. Lazy says it isn't what they wanted to see. It's not good news; the car drove fine for a few miles and then started making a rattling noise under the back wheels so he pulled over, revved the engine and it cut out. The car now won't start. Isla has now joined Lazy and is pulling her usual stupid faces. It looks like it's the engine and unfortunately the car isn't a popular brand in Spain, not something they know much about. The garage have no idea and it's too complicated for them to work on. The problem is the Inghams are 100 km from a main city either way. In Valencia there is a land rover dealership but they don't know if they can fit it in or when. Lazy isn't sure how they will get there so the garage are making some phone calls
but it's uncertain and Lazy hates uncertainty.

Many hours later it's approaching siesta time. The car dealership in Valencia are so busy that the Inghams would have to wait for two weeks before it could begin to be fixed. However there is another garage that can fit the Inghams in straight away but they can't tow the caravan to Valencia. They had to make a choice about whether to stay where they are with the caravan and have the car towed to Valencia (costing £600). The garage have been amazing; hooked the Inghams up to the electricity and given them water. The car will take a week to fix and the Inghams hope to find out what is wrong tomorrow. The other choice is to leave the caravan at the garage and go with the car so they can drive the car back (costing £300) but they would have to spend money on accommodation, leaving the brand new caravan and Lazy doesn't feel comfortable doing so. They have decided to stay with the caravan. Sometimes life throws a dodgeball at you and you have to make the most of it. Actually it's a curveball, Lazy. You can tell she doesn't watch much sport. It's not a big deal, it could be worse. There's no time limit on the holiday and this could be the last of the holiday and it would suck but it's not because they're not on a time limit. The car has gone to be fixed and goodness knows how much that will cost. They have been sat counting their blessings. It's must've taken a while to think of some because they don't have many.

Lazy says it's gorgeous where they are. Because it's siesta time and quiet the Inghams are going to go to get their scooters and set them up. Lazy gives Isabelle honey on toast and Isabelle says she is going to cry because she has been craving it. Isabelle and Lazy's throats still sound sore.

Creepy has given Isabelle and Lazy a lesson on how to use their electric scooters. Lazy nearly crashed because she didn't realise how fast the scooters go. They tell Isabelle to push the button gently. Lazy screeches. We get footage of Isabelle and Lazy trying them out. Lazy thinks she looks like Jane Torvill, judging by the look on her face. They've got Jace a helmet but Lazy says they won't be taking Jace stood on the scooter but they're going to have him in the backpack with a helmet on going slowly. Creepy sees nothing wrong with it and Lazy says it's no different to being on a bike. I can't.. I just can't with these two. Is that what they will tell the doctor if the poor buy ends up in hospital? Creepy then shows Esme and Isla how to use their scooters but Esme's is way too small. The girls scream their way around the car park. Creepy says he needs to have a go.

Lazy tells us they've taken a really really fun scoot up the road to the little restaurant they are at last night. It's really cheap and cheerful, attached to a car garage. It looks like somewhere you would probably get food poisoning. Isabelle has a funny story; the man at the restaurant last night didn't know English and Isabelle did Spanish at school so she asked if they had chips in Spanish. Isabelle doesn't want to speak Spanish on camera. The man came out with a giant bag of crisps. They were learning Spanish on Google translate when they got back to the caravan. I thought Isabelle has been learning Spanish since year 7, couldn't she have taught them?

Jace eats an ice lolly and Lazy says they're got a whole bag of them. Isabelle starts laughing about her ice cream because it has a square on it. They make their way back to the caravan along a dodgy looking highway.

They're back from the meal and Lazy says they can't get the girls in. Esme has been having a go on Creepy's because the one she has is too small. In hindsight Lazy thinks they should've got Esme an older one. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, Lazy. Isla is running out of power but Lazy's is still on full battery. Lazy says the week will be fun and they can be lazy, catching up on jobs. What jobs? What bloody jobs?

End of vlog

Scene of the breakdown
Capture13.PNG
Capture12.PNG

Capture9.PNG
Capture10.PNG
Capture6.PNG
Capture5.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture4.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Capture7.PNG

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I am happy this happened to Lazy and Creepy but I actually feel sorry for the girls (Jace too but he is still very young). They will be crammed in that Chavan with Lazy and Creepy with nothing to do other than Tik toks and read some books.
At least they have had campsite pools so far to entertain themselves, not this week though!
Also I can imagine how bad the tension will be between Lazy and Creepy as no doubt there will be blame passing for car's condition and there will be pressure of filming a vlog interesting enough for ifam and uploading it from the middle of nowhere

• Haha
Reactions: 27
As much as this delights me to see Sarah and Chris get their karma. Those kids do not deserve that. So I hope for their sake it’s sorted soon 💕

Reactions: 14
So they traveled over 500 miles the day before but they are stuck only 100km from valencia where they were near on the last vlog 🤣 Bet it's the head gasket that's gone. Why not just get can towed to a site near by?? Excuse me while I pmsl 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.