“The Ick”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mansplaining. Get yourself away from me, sir, before I handkerchief-slap your sentences off your mouth. It's honestly infuriating. I don't know why they think this is flirting.

Too fast eaters. Please find your chill and keep it.

The "gentleman" act when you can tell it's not sincere. Not today, Nice Guy.

Public burpers. Contain your air within yourself until you are on your own, the rest of us can manage.

Backhanded compliments. Make me feel bad about myself AND thankful to you for finding me attractive despite it all? Someone fetch me a napkin to dry my seat!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
For the record I have a tit just after the local news around 8:30AM weekdays, some days I have a second tit around 9:00AM.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
For the record I have a tit just after the local news around 8:30AM weekdays, some days I have a second tit around 9:00AM.
You should take the newspaper, and a pen, sit there and do the crossword for half an hour, save you wiping twice! 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Went to a guys house the other evening for a “Netflix and chill” date, as you do 😉. Went to use his bathroom and there was explosive tit marks all in the toilet bowl, obviously from where he had flushed but hadn’t scrubbed at with the brush! Safe to say my vagina shrivelled up into my body and I’ve been off with him since. 😭😭😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Went to a guys house the other evening for a “Netflix and chill” date, as you do 😉. Went to use his bathroom and there was explosive tit marks all in the toilet bowl, obviously from where he had flushed but hadn’t scrubbed at with the brush! Safe to say my vagina shrivelled up into my body and I’ve been off with him since. 😭😭😂
I used to stuff a packet of face wipes in my bag when I went to my exes house as his bathroom was a bio hazard. I would wipe the toilet seat and the flusher before I used the toilet. And yes, it was skid row in that bowl sometimes 🤢 his mum was a lazy cow. i may have only been 16 but I had standards.
You have also got to ask yourself....do I really want to be using a blow torch to blast his skids away if we ever move in together? I admit DH has destroyed our toilet sometimes but he has a brain and will clean it up afterwards. He is only forgiven if he is ill.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Gross bathrooms really bother me. We all go to the loo and at times have made a mess, it’s not hard to give it a quick clean after. It takes 30 seconds. Dirty bathrooms, kitchens and bedding are total turn offs for me.

Reactions: 16
I was messaging this guy recently. Anyway, I had to back out of a date with him because he suddenly dropped a bombshell on me that he actually already had a kid. (That didn't give me the ick, it just wasn't a situation for me, personally.) Anyway he got really ridiculous when I said I didn't feel we should meet, including that he was "deeply saddened" and told me that he believed it was "fate" we had met. Which gave me the massive ick. We met on tinder, it's a location based algorithm 😂

He was that classic guy where you have a few things in common and he already believes there is a "connection" (Dude, LOTS of people thought Dodgeball and Anchorman were funny films!)

He also (twice) used the exact sentence "Well, I'll let you settle for the night". 🤢 I'm not a newborn baby I'm a 30 year old grown woman. Major, major ick.

On the plus side I have a date tonight and he seems lovely so keep your fingers crossed for me!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
He also (twice) used the exact sentence "Well, I'll let you settle for the night". 🤢 I'm not a newborn baby I'm a 30 year old grown woman. Major, major ick.

On the plus side I have a date tonight and he seems lovely so keep your fingers crossed for me!
Ewww, 'settle'? do you need to take your teeth out and get your horlicks ready? grim.

Good luck for tonight!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Getting annoyed at video games when they lose and/or blaming the game.

no pal, you’re just tit at it. Screaming at the tv won’t make you any better.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Gross bathrooms really bother me. We all go to the loo and at times have made a mess, it’s not hard to give it a quick clean after. It takes 30 seconds. Dirty bathrooms, kitchens and bedding are total turn offs for me.
I am incredibly anal when it comes to public bathrooms/restrooms (apologies for mixed-metaphors, lol). I even carry around a packet of wipes in my handbag just for such an eventuality when it comes to touching anything inside a cubicle.

Men seem to think women are delicate little petals when it comes to hygiene standards, and for the majority of us that would certainly ring true. But OMG there's certainly a minority who have really opened my eyes in what to expect to find in a ladies restroom, and its quite often beyond gross:eek:

Reactions: 5
New to this thread and have had approx 284947 dates in my lifetime so have many...
Talking about money paying the restaurant bill but then making sure you definitley did see the bill total and making a huge deal of the whole process
Talking about exes too much on the first few dates
Posting selfie’s
Calling me ‘hun’
Trying to initiate sexting before even meeting up
Over plucked or obviously plucked eyebrows taking Snapchat’s on a sunbed or in the barbers
Just using Snapchat in general over the age of 30 really
Not paying child maintenance
Slagging off children’s mum
The fake ‘nice guy’ act
Plaid shirts
Socks with holes in
Boasting about their average job
Sunglasses on head
Flip flops anywhere other than the beach

Someone mentioned bedding and omg I hate when you can tell the bedding isn’t fresh and it’s the first few dates or weeks/months into the relationship ,borking hell !

Reactions: 15
My current partner has one or two "ick" habits, not least sticking her finger in food, especially when I'm cooking something like a curry or chili con carne on the hob.

Fact is, she'll just pop into the kitchen and nonchalantly plop her finger into the simmering curry, for example, scoop some up, lick it off, and then go for seconds!

Christ knows where's she been prior to helping herself. Plus I really do not like people in my kitchen when I'm cooking anyway,

• Sick
Reactions: 9
I was talking to someone that wanted to text constantly and when I said I was off to do whatever with my daughter and enjoy your night type text he was like hmmmm 🤔 and got really arsey. He was removed pretty quickly.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I don't know if this even counts as 'the ick', but this guy I went to school with has asked me out three times this year (first before the pandemic, second after lockdown and third last week). Every time he does I explain that I'm not interested in dating and, if we were to go out, it would definitely just be as friends catching up, but even this makes me nervous that he'll get the wrong impression.

Last week he asked again and actually used my busy schedule against me this time, as this was my excuse last time (i.e. 'I know you work, go to uni & train everyday but you surely have an hour to give me?') and then, after I agreed to a meet up as friends, proceeded to say that 'we'll go on a few dates and take it slow'. The idea that already he thinks it's a romantic date and expects to be taking it slow has made me cringe. I can't even use lockdown as an excuse as we (in Wales) come out of it on Monday 😂 I feel like I just had to get it off my chest - the ick is now so strong I can't face the meet up, but I feel awful telling him for the third time I am not interested

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.