“The Ick”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Girls, what are the strangest things that give you the ick about a guy?

(The Ick is a sudden cringe feeling when you have romantic contact with someone: and become almost immediately put off by them)

Here are some of mine. They are so ridiculous I don’t know why they give me the ick.

-Wearing a backpack on both shoulders
-Wearing goggles whilst swimming
-Doing that awkward jog whilst crossing the road when a car stops
-Wearing jewellery
-Telling a joke but nobody heard so they repeat it louder
-Jumping up and down at a concert
-Really taking their time choosing a meal deal at Tesco

Please no harsh comments to me this is just a bit of fun and not intended to cause offence:)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
I’m a chronic lurker on these forums (mainly jack Monroe and cleaning with mario) but honestly had to come out of hiding for this 😂 I am HERE for the ick stories! I get it so bad 🙈 some of the reasons I’ve gone off guys:
Saying “totes magotes” 🤮
Saying “going on holibobs”
Cringe during-sex chat
One bad outfit
Eating cold leftovers
Calling me beautiful/babe/sexy 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 44
These sorts of conversations always make me DIE but also feel really weird because none of them put me off my boyfriend:ROFLMAO: is that weird?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This has really tickled me 😂

Mine:

- Wearing a flat cap
- Overly-manicured facial hair
- Carrying a hanky (thankfully think this has died out!)
- Licking their finger before turning newspaper pages
- Similar to OP on repeating a joke but I think even worse... trying to pass off someone else’s joke as their own wit. I went on a date with a guy who had basically memorised a load of Tim Vine one liners and tried to nonchalantly drop them into the conversation. There was no second date.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
This has really tickled me 😂

Mine:

- Wearing a flat cap
- Overly-manicured facial hair
- Carrying a hanky (thankfully think this has died out!)
- Licking their finger before turning newspaper pages
- Similar to OP on repeating a joke but I think even worse... trying to pass off someone else’s joke as their own wit. I went on a date with a guy who had basically memorised a load of Tim Vine one liners and tried to nonchalantly drop them into the conversation. There was no second date.
My ex wore a flat cap and always carried a hanky!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Calling me the same pet name he called his mum and sister.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Showing racist/sexist/any ist views
Sloppy kissing
Being over eager
Chatting up another girl at the bar
Questionable shoe choices
Picking their nose

Im thinking of some really bad dates I've been on 😂😂

Reactions: 24
Wearing socks with sandals in the summer.Especially those thick white socks....:cautious:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
One guy kept calling me "delicious" and it put me right off. Also when men use this emoji 😜 it absolutely makes me cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Saying ‘panties’. I hate that word, instant fanny shriveler
Socks and sandals
being too nice and eager to please

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 75
Wearing socks with sandals in the summer.Especially those thick white socks....:cautious:

Years back, my dad did that but just around the house, and only once. I think the once only was due to my my mum telling him, I hope you don’t think you’re going out in front of people like that.
😀

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Nasal hair
Calling me dear or pet.
Not owning an umbrella so have to use mine and I’m usually too short. What is it with some men and umbrellas?
Not having tissues. I don’t want him to have a cotton hanky he puts back up his sleeve or in his pocket, not too often anyway.

These sorts of conversations always make me DIE but also feel really weird because none of them put me off my boyfriend:ROFLMAO: is that weird?
Not at all, love’s blind, so they say. 😍

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
No not weird at all! I thought I was the weird one getting cringed out at simply normal things, but saw a massive thread on twitter and realised so many get the ick over ridiculous things:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
Saying ‘panties’. I hate that word, instant fanny shriveler

HAHAHAHAHA!! 🙌🏻 😂😂 I am howling at this. But YES! I agree. Any guy saying “panties” is bound to give me the utter boke.🤮

The ick for me:
Prominent Adam apple
Skin tight trousers / cropped jeans and skinny ankle look
Calling names like babe, sexy, baby etc.
Being rude to people
Arrogance. I don’t dig a “cheeky cocky” guy

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Girls, what are the strangest things that give you the ick about a guy?

(The Ick is a sudden cringe feeling when you have romantic contact with someone: and become almost immediately put off by them)

Here are some of mine. They are so ridiculous I don’t know why they give me the ick.

-Wearing a backpack on both shoulders
-Wearing goggles whilst swimming
-Doing that awkward jog whilst crossing the road when a car stops
-Wearing jewellery
-Telling a joke but nobody heard so they repeat it louder
-Jumping up and down at a concert
-Really taking their time choosing a meal deal at Tesco

Please no harsh comments to me this is just a bit of fun and not intended to cause offence:)
I just had to comment and say these are hilarious! The meal deal one 😂

As for the ick -
I like both genders so I've split accordingly

For women -
Fake tan marks and lines, like when a girl turns her hands over and you see white palms or the bit where the wrist meets and there are like patches
Women who pride themselves on "getting along with men"

For men -
Really short nails (like too short)
Bragging about work/work related skill/money (I don't like this either way but seems to be mostly fellas who I've seen doing it)

I meant "getting along better with men than with women" in my comment above

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Poor hygiene
Bad at spelling
Saying things like pacific instead of specific or unable to pronounce food, but they are confident they are right.
cubby men with tight clothes
Man bags
Men who dont stand their ground. Otherwise known as doormats

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.