"The Ick" #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When a bloke describes something as lush especially in writing on social media, ive just seen it written on LinkedIn.. 🤐

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
When they message first on dating apps saying 'Hows you hunny x'
My older brother has a habit of calling me / girls in the family who are younger than him honey and I honestly don’t know how my SIL doesn’t kick him in the head 🤣🙈 he used to work in sales and it’s been since then but that was years ago now so I’m prob just making excuses for him tbh 🥴 he is (honestly 😬) pretty masculine, not effeminate or camp, I don’t get it at all but I stop myself from pointing it out in case it does give my SIL the ick 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Waiting for my children at school and 2 men were behind me talking. 1 said "I've been really poorly" (🤢) 2 said "oh no what's been wrong?" 1 - "I've had a bad cough and the sniffles"
I turned round in disgust and it was 2 big bearded men.
Poorly and sniffles. Two of the absolute worst words to come from a man's mouth.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Men that call each other "mate", "pal" or "buddy" when they barely even know them.

Even worse when it's in a work-related context <<looks over in disgust at my husband>>

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I love how so many are coming forward with icks that their partners give them :'-)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
More teacher icks -
A principal I once worked with used the expression .."Let's take that offline" when teachers asked difficult questions in staff meetings or challenged his authority. Yuckaroonie.
My colleague keeps three pairs of shoes under his desk in our office.
Teenage boys who wear airpods.
One English teacher labelled a box of pens/ pencils etc "Stationary".

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love how so many are coming forward with icks that their partners give them :'-)
Those are The Ickiest Icks.

It's interesting which icks we'll live with and which are an ick too far.

Where do you draw The Ick Line?

Which Ick Hill will you die on? 😂

• Haha
Wearing hats indoors, especially beanies and baseball caps.

Waiting for my children at school and 2 men were behind me talking. 1 said "I've been really poorly" (🤢) 2 said "oh no what's been wrong?" 1 - "I've had a bad cough and the sniffles"
I turned round in disgust and it was 2 big bearded men.
Poorly and sniffles. Two of the absolute worst words to come from a man's mouth.
I'd like to add to this by saying...grown men who still get their mums to make doctors appointments for them.

Reactions: 7
Men that call each other "mate", "pal" or "buddy" when they barely even know them.

Even worse when it's in a work-related context <<looks over in disgust at my husband>>
Urgh, my ex did this. Especially with tradesmen.

I've just had to sit through parents evening with him and the man is just a walking ick to me.

Reactions: 11
I randomly bought some on a whim off Amazon over a year ago and they've been really amazing and great at noise-cancelling. They're called the X15 wireless headphones. They're £25 but there are cheaper ones on Amazon Black Friday at the mo that might be better - have a read of some reviews and I'm sure you can find a cheaper pair than the X15's 🙏🏻
I don’t know if you’ll care, but my wireless headphones arrived today. 🙂 i don’t have to feel prehistoric when at the gym now!

• Heart
  • Haha

I don’t mind the other two but ‘pal’ is the worst. Also see ‘big man’, example ‘how’s the big man?’ and ‘alright big man?’ 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When men leave ❤ emojis on Teams for random messages in work chats.

“Sales are up 3% today… *❤*”

I suppose I should be grateful there’s no 🙈 option.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.