"The Ick" #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every office has at least one of these men…

• Has worked there a long time and knows a lot of people, so thinks he’s gods gift and everyone’s mate
• Sits in your chair if you dare get up to go to the toilet/printer/etc and talks to one of his mates, so when you return you’re like wtf get out
• Greets his office friends like “Mr xxxxx”
• “Here he is”
• “How are we?”
• Does duck all work and somehow has got away with it for years because he’s popular

ICK
You described one of my colleagues perfectly, been at my work for a decade and struts around like he owns the place 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Whoever just said the ick comes along randomly is right… I’ve been with men for a year before the ick has come along, after all going well. Once it’s there and taken root, within a couple of weeks I hate them. Like literally from feeling in love to pure hatred. I like to think it’s a sign they’re not right for you rather than just being a psychopath 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Whoever just said the ick comes along randomly is right… I’ve been with men for a year before the ick has come along, after all going well. Once it’s there and taken root, within a couple of weeks I hate them. Like literally from feeling in love to pure hatred. I like to think it’s a sign they’re not right for you rather than just being a psychopath 😳
I read a theory the other day its to do with hormones and ovulating etc.

What we want in a man is totally different depending on where we are in our cycle. So when you're fertile you want one who will impregnate you and be caring etc. and then as those hormones wane BAM the ick comes along and makes you see the truth that he isn't that great after all

Reactions: 7
My ex posted an old photo of him in primary school once and I got the ick from him in his little raincoat holding his little lunchbox 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I read a theory the other day its to do with hormones and ovulating etc.

What we want in a man is totally different depending on where we are in our cycle. So when you're fertile you want one who will impregnate you and be caring etc. and then as those hormones wane BAM the ick comes along and makes you see the truth that he isn't that great after all
Genuinely think I can pinpoint most of my ‘interesting choices’ wrt men and relationships as happening around ovulation. I have recently dumped someone who gave me the ick, after only 2 weeks earlier making me feel quite giddy…. Same thing happened with a different guy this month. Can you remember where you read about the hormones? I’d like to validate my shoddy life choices with science 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When I was working from home during lockdown with my ex and heard him say the phrase “let’s just touch base”

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Genuinely think I can pinpoint most of my ‘interesting choices’ wrt men and relationships as happening around ovulation. I have recently dumped someone who gave me the ick, after only 2 weeks earlier making me feel quite giddy…. Same thing happened with a different guy this month. Can you remember where you read about the hormones? I’d like to validate my shoddy life choices with science 😂
I'll try and find it for you

Reactions: 2
My boyfriend (again) just had a telephone doctor appointment and answered the phone going ‘hello doctor’ 🤧🤣
I am howling at this so much 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 also reminded me of when my husband called the doctor “Doc” when I was in labour and I said if I hear you say that again we are getting a divorce.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Every office has at least one of these men…

• Has worked there a long time and knows a lot of people, so thinks he’s gods gift and everyone’s mate
• Sits in your chair if you dare get up to go to the toilet/printer/etc and talks to one of his mates, so when you return you’re like wtf get out
• Greets his office friends like “Mr xxxxx”
• “Here he is”
• “How are we?”
• Does duck all work and somehow has got away with it for years because he’s popular

ICK
I worked with one of these. He got away with it because he was the personal coke dealer to all of the senior managers, including the CEO who was always in the paper wanging on about how much he did for charity.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I may have shared this ick before but I recall a bus driver who was grumpy & rude to passengers but when the schoolgirls got on turned into cheeky chirpy Pete! 🤢
Our high school bus driver used to actually turn around in his seat (so facing the girls as we were getting off) and completely eyeball us. It made me so uncomfortable but some of the girls not knowing any better thought it was a laugh 😳 we were 12-15 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 8
That’s a green flag for me, I love cats 😂
same!

men that are obsessed with dogs give me the ick tbh. like walking down the street and when they see a dog they point at it and say excitedly "dog!" 🤢🤢🤢 omg wow so quirky. men that are obsessed with their own dogs and talk to you about them on dating apps and send pics when you didn't ask ... cringe

Reactions: 12
Grown men who refer to their mother as “mammy”. Seems particular to Irish men and omg.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.