“The Ick” #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know how else to describe it, so it will sound weird until I get to the examples, but when men use my name when addressing me in certain situations. Like "How's Skvallertant today?" or "How is Skvallertant's weekend going?"
It really grosses me out for some reason. I think it's infantalising in some way or something idk 😂
I HATE this. I actually hate anyone using my name in a sentence 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I briefly dated someone that everything he did ended up giving me the ick, the way he talked, the fact he talked to himself the fact that ‘I had a shower today’ was an achievement.. everything. Even now almost like a year since I dated him, thinking about him makes me grossed out.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Men who start their tinder bio with “I like to travel” duck off !!!!! It doesn’t make you sound interesting you sound like a twit .
I like to travel too - back & too to work like a normal person & a holiday abroad every year ! . Just because you went on a gap year 15 years ago pal doesn’t mean your into travelling

yea these are the typical “hi how are you ?” ........ “I’m good thanks you?” .......... “yea good thanks , where you from?” ........... “I’m from (such & such)” ............. conversation over 😂😂😂😂
I bet he has girls falling over themselves to get to him 😆

I briefly dated someone that everything he did ended up giving me the ick, the way he talked, the fact he talked to himself the fact that ‘I had a shower today’ was an achievement.. everything. Even now almost like a year since I dated him, thinking about him makes me grossed out.
Really makes you question yourself when you look back on exes doesn't it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This is so stupid but it gives me the ick when people try and do things subtly. Like they’ll crack their fingers or itch themselves but in a way so that they don’t think you can see, or pick their nose. And you can see them doing it out the corner of your eye and you can tell they’re looking at you every so often to see if you can see. I CAN SEE! If you’re going to do it then bloody do it! Why are you doing it sneakily?!? Do it!!! 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I had an ex who used to go in the bathroom to fart in the morning, he'd do it when he flushed the toilet thinking that the toilet flush drained out the noise.. it didn't. From outside the bathroom the flush is actually very quite where as you are not 🤢. The bathroom was joined to my bedroom btw, I wasn't there with a glass on the wall 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I had an ex who used to go in the bathroom to fart in the morning, he'd do it when he flushed the toilet thinking that the toilet flush drained out the noise.. it didn't. From outside the bathroom the flush is actually very quite where as you are not 🤢. The bathroom was joined to my bedroom btw, I wasn't there with a glass on the wall 😂
At least he did it in another room and didn’t ask you to pull his finger!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This gives me the fear. My bedroom is next to my bathroom and it’s a small house. If I ever meet anyone (lol have you seen my posts on “dating after lockdown” 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄😕) the fact that we’d be able to hear each other 😖😖 and there’s not even a window to open to let fresh air in. 😣

Reactions: 4
Really makes you question yourself when you look back on exes doesn't it 🤣
Someone I dated , called me hun constantly which grinds my gears soooooo bad !! And in the end , was only with him about a month , the way he used to position his hands when he slept & everything just grated on me ! He was a proper weird cling on when we split aswell - makes me want to be sick in my mouth when I think about him now .

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This gives me the fear. My bedroom is next to my bathroom and it’s a small house. If I ever meet anyone (lol have you seen my posts on “dating after lockdown” 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄😕) the fact that we’d be able to hear each other 😖😖 and there’s not even a window to open to let fresh air in. 😣
I'm in a small house too and my bathroom doesn't have a window either. It's actually putting me off dating! Especially as we're all at home so much, what if I meet someone who's on furlough and he wouldn't even be leaving to go to work?! What would I do?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Writing home owner on their bio like it’s a personality trait...I was going to add to mine something like ‘renting, skint and likely to never be a home owner’ but thought that might be a bit off putting 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Writing home owner on their bio like it’s a personality trait...I was going to add to mine something like ‘renting, skint and likely to never be a home owner’ but thought that might be a bit off putting 😂
Own house, own car, own teeth. 🤢 Makes me want to put "renting, can't drive, saving up for veneers" 😂

Honestly, who doesn't have their own teeth who's of the age that would use tinder? Apart from medical necessity or being rich enough to afford any kind of cosmetic dentistry. I think it's such a weird thing to say and kind of shames people who have "bad" teeth (often through no fault of their own). Here I go triggering myself again 😂

ETA words.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I never respond to Tinder lads that ask what I’m up to or if I’ve been doing anything exciting today.. No were in bleeping lockdown piss off and it’s boring.
I like an instant bit of fire or I don’t bother.

Reactions: 15
I never respond to Tinder lads that ask what I’m up to or if I’ve been doing anything exciting today.. No were in bleeping lockdown piss off and it’s boring.
I like an instant bit of fire or I don’t bother.
I agree! When I was on tinder (still single), the amount of blokes that would be like "what do you do?" or ask me about my interests. Like, bro.. Those things are literally in my bio. Not being funny, but I'm VERY 'mousey' and bookish looking and there's no way these dudes have swiped for my looks. My personality and interests are literally all I've got going for me and y'all can't even be bothered to read 2 lines of text. Get to duck 😂 I'm not your sexy librarian.. Although you wouldn't know if I was a librarian or not because you seem unable to read what I do for work. So..

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.