Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I seen some guy before walking down the street with a half pint of milk, half empty then he stopped and had a swig šŸ˜­
To make this even worse I just said to my fella ā€˜I seen a guy today with a half pint of milk, half of it was empty and he had a swig of it!ā€™ and my fella
replied ā€˜Iā€™ve had a swig of milk from the bottle beforeā€™ and I repliedā€¦. ā€˜youā€™ve just given me the ickā€™

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I overheard the staff at home bargs discussing where the halloween stuff is going to go. It's only just got warm. *I know it's not their fault* but nooooo. Let's enjoy summer first

ShopTilYouSlop

Chatty Member
I donā€™t even dare look this up as I donā€™t want to algorithm to start showing it to me šŸ˜‚ but dying at your description.

can you just like and comment on lots of cat and make up posts and gradually it will change back?

That's what I had to do when my usual buffet of interior design and food posts got interrupted by hundreds of 24 year olds couples telling me ā€œyou too can have a buy-to-let empire if you hustle and sacrificeā€ whilst dangling their house keys in front of dilapidated semis and forgetting to mention they live with mum and dad and had a Ā£100k inheritance. Which was also an ick.
I don't want to interact with any of these videos, even the ones I like! I think the answer is to quickly scroll past the icky toddler boys and let the cats and makeup play through. Just don't know why they started appearing at all. I get the ick just thinking about them setting up their cameras, gurning and smarming into them, watching them back and then uploading them and checking the likes. Ugh.

EffingDust

Chatty Member
To be fair, sheā€™d been in hospital for about a week, came home and the next day they called and asked her to come in for a check up, but yes, my frustration and ick factor comes from the fact that her husband or one of her adult sons couldnā€™t have gone with her in a taxi. I had to cut my plans short because I guess they viewed it as the easiest solutionā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.. and, I really donā€™t mean to set feminism back with this next statement, it just feels so emasculating, 3 grown men, her husband, her sons and they have to get me to drive her. Like I say, embarrassing and fucking ICK. šŸ™ˆšŸ„“šŸ™„
I would not be able to keep my mouth shut in this situation šŸ¤¢

• Haha

DrNooo

Similar to this, I hate it when people tag their partners as ā€˜my loveā€™ on Facebook, like ā€œEating dinner with my loveā€ or ā€œWatching the sunset with my love.ā€ Stop it.
I also hate it when people continually refer to their partner as their ā€œother halfā€, implying that without their partner they are somehow less of a person. Piss off with your codependency and get some opinions and a life of your own.

Mamacita

VIP Member
I have also came across it on social media quite a lot with anecdotes of when adults are complaining about the running around and general misbehaviour of other people's children in public places especially when the parents don't reprimand the children. So it's a statement of disapproval of other people and their decision or impulse to have children or maybe dislike of children in general hence why the term is a disgusting term.
But maybe I have digressed somewhat.
Im not a huge fan of children so don't care about that part as much, it just sounds disgusting šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 5

pinkmug

VIP Member
Men who make a weak joke then labour it for ages doing a really obvious laugh while making eye contact make my skin crawl. You make a slight acknowledgement but they keep on laughing at their wit and sometimes even try to explain the joke or repeat it as if you haven't got it.
Oh god, this is my friend's husband. I don't know how the woman doesn't climb out of her skin with cringe everyday, she doesn't even notice it. Urgh.

• Haha

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
When influencers post them posing in semi see through pants with very visible period pads. I just find it ick

• Sick

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Those mini cheddar bags make a right noise don't they? I have a colleague who has a daily bag too, and the bag rustles so loud.
That's so true!!. They're sent to torture us.

Although don't get me wrong I don't mind a mini cheddar. It's like when I'm making the kids sandwiches at 6.30 and absent mindedly lick my finger and get a taste of dairy lea or tuna mayo - early morning food icks.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Cyclists who ring their bell as they're about to pass you on the Canal.

Extra points if they're in full cycling clobber.