Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ADBABE

Chatty Member
I love ambiguous endings. I really despise films and shows 'wrapping' everything up with this 2years later nonsense. Leave it open.
I’m the total opposite I feel like I have to know what happens to everyone at the end of shows 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Thetruth123

VIP Member
Am getting sick of the long gazing stares of June into the camera with dramatic music ….it’s a little too much now! 🥱🥱🥱

Reactions: 13

caremum

VIP Member
Re Serena I think that reflects the complexities of the writing. Not just black and white. I feel the same way about Commander Lawrence.

Reactions: 12

and nothing happens

I’ve just started the new season, I really did laugh in episode 1 when the police weren’t interested in June’s confession and Luke picked her up from the station and she was like, “I have to pay a fine. Online.” 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12

YoungHollywood

VIP Member
Totally agree. June really annoys me.

I can't figure why she would leave one daughter to go rescue another, especially as Hannah doesn't know anything different. That's her life. It would be more traumatic to remove her from that life, family and take her to Canada.
I don’t think you would stop trying though? Hannah may appear happy from the little they have shown but she has a life there being raised/controlled by rapists and misogynists. Not sure I could leave my daughter to that and carry on with my own. June is clearly also very detached from Nicole and Luke now, and in her head over the years has been obsessed with Hannah (it’s clearly what has kept her alive at some points).
I seem to be in the minority but I hated the killing of Fred. Don’t know why really, think I wanted June to take the high ground and let Gilead deal with him! I think at the end when she says ‘let me have five minutes and I will go’, is because she realises she has crossed a line into a bare handed murderer and can’t go back - you wouldn’t want to be with someone or let them raise a child! Luke would always be watching his back let’s be honest 🤣

Reactions: 11

LellsBells

VIP Member
Anyone watch the finale tonight? My heart is still pounding over an hour later 😂😂
I was shouting at the telly like a lunatic!

Elizabeth Moss is such a fantastic actor, she can say so much without saying a word!

Reactions: 10

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
If she goes back to Gilead I’d probably be ready to call it a day. I took it to mean she’d leave Nichole to be raised by Luke and Moira, not that she’d turn herself in. Luke so wants her to forget and for things to go back to the way they were and she can’t/won’t. She needs to be fighting Gilead somehow but I hope it’s as part of the resistance from Canada or the border. I couldn’t help but think if she’d just had a quick wash she wouldn’t have been caught literally red handed… 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

saltymermaid

No Emmy nomination for Joseph Fiennes :( but Elizabeth Moss, Yvonne Strahovski, Ann Dowd, Samira Wiley, O-T Fagbenle, Bradley Whitford and Madeline Brewer all got nominations plus the show is also nominated for outstanding drama series. 🥳🎉

Fingers crossed for them, especially Madeline! Janine is one of my favourite characters in the show and Madeline does an incredible job at portraying her :)

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
I watched at UK pace so have been avoiding this thread. Tonight’s the first episode I haven’t cried over, finally it wasn’t women being hurt 💃🏻

CatCafe234

VIP Member
What annoys me about it all is that no one even mentions that Nichole could be Fred’s ? Like not even Fred ? Stupid show pisses me off now.
I don’t think Nicole if Fred’s child. None of Fred’s Handmaids or Serena got pregnant in Gilead - but then Serena gets pregnant the moment she’s in Canada? I thought they were setting up a storyline that Serena’s baby isn’t Fred’s at all. My money was on Tuello.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
It's one of those shows I'm not sure I could face watching all over again and going through it all once more!

theghosttown

VIP Member
Watching at UK pace and I have to say it’s all getting a little tedious. June has become far too one dimensional. I understand they are trying to portray her trauma but it’s going round in circles too much for my liking.

Reactions: 8

Impleo

VIP Member
I'm caught up too, I'm glad I didn't give up watching. The finale was fantastic. Season 4 better explain Nick more, I missed him and want answers.
I am looking forward to season 4 but to me there seems to be too many different plot lines to cover.

Gilead
Canada
The Waterford's trial
Nick

I only watched the first season of Orange is the new black but on another forum someone was saying that they took the lead character (Piper) and after 4 or so seasons moved her to the ensemble cast and focused on others. I'd like to see them do the same with June. She's done her bit now and I'd like to see how other characters like Nick develop and perhaps the Marthas and their underground network/possible terrorism. Another season of June's pained face and endless search for Hannah is going to be hard work.

Still loved it though.

Claude Dean

Does anyone else go through a weird hate/love/hate relationship with serena?? A few series ago I found myself really warming to her, to then think how could I ever like her - she’s the worst.. for this series to make me start hoping and liking her again 🤯 I’m questioning my morals 🤣🤣 please tell me I’m not alone!

• Haha

Heyholetsgo

VIP Member
Anyone else fancy Nick? I only like him in this as I know he is British and saw him in some other film where he was British and it wasn't the same!

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
Has anyone watched the latest episode ‘heroic’?
I’m really trying to stick with this series but I found this episode SOOOO hard to watch!
the drawn out close ups of June’s face are tooo much I’m not normally screamish but the whole episode made me nauseous
They have really built her up to turn her character into someone you now dislike? Just not getting it
I always thought it was clever of them to never paint June as a perfect person that's just this victim of terrible circumstances. June wasn't a perfect person in her pre-Gilead life (sleeping with a married man for one), and she continued to not be perfect in her life as a Handmaid. I actually don't like her most of the time, she remains very selfish and recently her single-mindedness about Hannah has really caught up with her and cause the Martha's death. Obviously the viewer always sympathises with June because Gilead is hell and nobody should be made to suffer what they are all suffering, but June is as far from a saintly heroine as you can find and I really like that, I appreciate the writers adding that extra layer of complexity to all the people in the show.
It's the same with Aunt Lydia, or Serena: you almost start feeling bad for them in some episode and then they remind you they're terrible human beings (but also they are still all victims of Gilead one way or another).
The only person I have never-ever felt bad for is Fred. He's the worst hypocrite and such a weak, angry little man. I legitimately hate him :LOL: I'm hoping to see him dead before the series is over :ROFLMAO: