The Handmaid's Tale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What annoys me about it all is that no one even mentions that Nichole could be Fred’s ? Like not even Fred ? Stupid show pisses me off now.

Reactions: 1
What annoys me about it all is that no one even mentions that Nichole could be Fred’s ? Like not even Fred ? Stupid show pisses me off now.
Oh yeah, I didn’t think about that, especially now that we know his swimmers are working! 😆

I really thought it would end with Nick bringing Hannah back

Reactions: 2
So is June going back to Gilead? Wasn't 100% clear on the ending with Nichole
I am sort of hoping they leave an ambiguous ending, like with the book, and then base the new series more on hte testaments

I am sort of hoping they leave an ambiguous ending, like with the book, and then base the new series more on hte testaments
I love ambiguous endings. I really despise films and shows 'wrapping' everything up with this 2years later nonsense. Leave it open.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I love ambiguous endings. I really despise films and shows 'wrapping' everything up with this 2years later nonsense. Leave it open.
I’m the total opposite I feel like I have to know what happens to everyone at the end of shows 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I just watched the last one and raced here for an answer to why she said "Just give me 5 minutes with her and then I'll go" at the end.

I presume it means that she can't stay in Canada and accept what she has (her freedom, Nicole etc.) and needs to go back to Gilead to find Hannah and generally kick some more ass 😆🤷‍♀️

I really enjoyed the series, and I'm a proper bleeping picky witch with what I'll watch so well done them - ha!

I love how multi-faceted the caracters are- they're complex and even some of the supposed 'baddies' it makes you see them as complex human beings.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
If she goes back to Gilead I’d probably be ready to call it a day. I took it to mean she’d leave Nichole to be raised by Luke and Moira, not that she’d turn herself in. Luke so wants her to forget and for things to go back to the way they were and she can’t/won’t. She needs to be fighting Gilead somehow but I hope it’s as part of the resistance from Canada or the border. I couldn’t help but think if she’d just had a quick wash she wouldn’t have been caught literally red handed… 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If she goes back to Gilead I’d probably be ready to call it a day. I took it to mean she’d leave Nichole to be raised by Luke and Moira, not that she’d turn herself in. Luke so wants her to forget and for things to go back to the way they were and she can’t/won’t. She needs to be fighting Gilead somehow but I hope it’s as part of the resistance from Canada or the border. I couldn’t help but think if she’d just had a quick wash she wouldn’t have been caught literally red handed… 😂
yeah same, I also really ended up disliking luke and was unsure if he was designed to be unlikable? He cheated on his partner with June, okay fine, but he didn't suffer like June did yet still found it difficult to care for his (sort of ) step child, didn;t seem bothered when women's finances were tied to men. He just seemed very selfish all the time.

I love how multi-faceted the caracters are- they're complex and even some of the supposed 'baddies' it makes you see them as complex human beings.
Yes totally agree! Especially with aunt Lydia, she’s so fascinating. Her soft spot for Janine almost makes you want to like her! … almost 😅

Reactions: 6
I think janine is key to turning aunt Lydia - maybe she will be the star of the next series?

Reactions: 8
yeah same, I also really ended up disliking luke and was unsure if he was designed to be unlikable? He cheated on his partner with June, okay fine, but he didn't suffer like June did yet still found it difficult to care for his (sort of ) step child, didn;t seem bothered when women's finances were tied to men. He just seemed very selfish all the time.
Oh weird I didn’t pick up on this that strongly. I did think he was making it about him a little when he cried about not being able to do more from Canada but I get how he’d feel helpless.

One thing that did bother me was him not wanting to address what Nick was to June, she told him on the call in season 3 that Nichole was born out of love.

The testaments is going to be a completely separate series which Im happy about rather than just rolling it all into the handmaid's tale.

Reactions: 5
So I’ve just binged all of season 4 in a day after finishing season 3 last night. Don’t know what it was about this season, but I really didn’t like June. She just annoyed me way more than in previous seasons.

Is she going back to try and get Hannah out? It sounds harsh but a part of me kind of wants her to just let things lie with that - Hannah has a family and she is happy for now, and June should work to take down Gilead as a whole rather than trying to track down her daughter.

Would love to see more of the Jeanine/Aunt Lydia relationship in a future season.

Reactions: 5
So I’ve just binged all of season 4 in a day after finishing season 3 last night. Don’t know what it was about this season, but I really didn’t like June. She just annoyed me way more than in previous seasons.

Is she going back to try and get Hannah out? It sounds harsh but a part of me kind of wants her to just let things lie with that - Hannah has a family and she is happy for now, and June should work to take down Gilead as a whole rather than trying to track down her daughter.

Would love to see more of the Jeanine/Aunt Lydia relationship in a future season.
Totally agree. June really annoys me.

I can't figure why she would leave one daughter to go rescue another, especially as Hannah doesn't know anything different. That's her life. It would be more traumatic to remove her from that life, family and take her to Canada.

Reactions: 3
Totally agree. June really annoys me.

I can't figure why she would leave one daughter to go rescue another, especially as Hannah doesn't know anything different. That's her life. It would be more traumatic to remove her from that life, family and take her to Canada.
I don’t think you would stop trying though? Hannah may appear happy from the little they have shown but she has a life there being raised/controlled by rapists and misogynists. Not sure I could leave my daughter to that and carry on with my own. June is clearly also very detached from Nicole and Luke now, and in her head over the years has been obsessed with Hannah (it’s clearly what has kept her alive at some points).
I seem to be in the minority but I hated the killing of Fred. Don’t know why really, think I wanted June to take the high ground and let Gilead deal with him! I think at the end when she says ‘let me have five minutes and I will go’, is because she realises she has crossed a line into a bare handed murderer and can’t go back - you wouldn’t want to be with someone or let them raise a child! Luke would always be watching his back let’s be honest 🤣

Reactions: 11
I don’t think you would stop trying though? Hannah may appear happy from the little they have shown but she has a life there being raised/controlled by rapists and misogynists. Not sure I could leave my daughter to that and carry on with my own. June is clearly also very detached from Nicole and Luke now, and in her head over the years has been obsessed with Hannah (it’s clearly what has kept her alive at some points).
I seem to be in the minority but I hated the killing of Fred. Don’t know why really, think I wanted June to take the high ground and let Gilead deal with him! I think at the end when she says ‘let me have five minutes and I will go’, is because she realises she has crossed a line into a bare handed murderer and can’t go back - you wouldn’t want to be with someone or let them raise a child! Luke would always be watching his back let’s be honest 🤣
Totally agree as a mother of a daughter I could never imagine just giving up on my daughter, knowing she's is being trained for a horrific life of subjugation and rape etc.

I wasn't overly keen on Fred's death either, I actually wanted to see a little bit of fairness and the full force of the law be thrown at him, I know that was me being highly optimistic.

I think we as viewers are meant to be a little frustrated with June, she makes poor decisions and can be completely unlikeable among lots of other things but is that not a little expected for someone that has been tortured, raped, beaten etc and is highly likely going through a trauma response/ptsd.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think Nicole if Fred’s child. None of Fred’s Handmaids or Serena got pregnant in Gilead - but then Serena gets pregnant the moment she’s in Canada? I thought they were setting up a storyline that Serena’s baby isn’t Fred’s at all. My money was on Tuello.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree, I don’t think you’d ever give up trying to get your child back but I thought that was kind of the point of the scene with Nick. Didn’t he say something like ‘it’ll be impossible to rescue her’ from wherever she was.

I don’t think Nicole if Fred’s child. None of Fred’s Handmaids or Serena got pregnant in Gilead - but then Serena gets pregnant the moment she’s in Canada? I thought they were setting up a storyline that Serena’s baby isn’t Fred’s at all. My money was on Tuello.
I don’t think the baby is Fred’s either. She knows what she’s doing

Reactions: 4