Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Web30

VIP Member
Uk pace, 2 episodes in and loving it. So tempted to go and watch it on a US site but it's my Sunday treat to sit and watch it on my own.

Agree that June's long stares are a bit tiresome. She's not really needed in the show any more, or at least should be a secondary character.
Agree! Im over her, thiers more then enough great characters that could have more focus.

Reactions: 6

Whatsallthis

VIP Member
That ending 🤯
Oooh so many questions… what are they going to do Janine? The wall? The colonies?
What about Nick? Think I’ll need to rewatch this series again to take it all in.
Just seen the finale and all I'll say is I've got goose bumps!! Can't wait another year for the next season.

and nothing happens

I love the series and the world it’s built is so compelling, but I’ve never watched a series with a more unlikeable main character! June is awful, soooo self-righteous and annoying.

ADBABE

Chatty Member
I love how multi-faceted the caracters are- they're complex and even some of the supposed 'baddies' it makes you see them as complex human beings.
Yes totally agree! Especially with aunt Lydia, she’s so fascinating. Her soft spot for Janine almost makes you want to like her! … almost 😅

JoJo76

VIP Member
Episode 6 - going in!

Wow, rollercoaster episode. No idea about Janine. She FINALLY gets out but will obvs go back. My heart was in my mouth when the Gilead crew were on the boat. And cried my eyes out when she apologies to Luke saying it was just her, she couldn’t save Hannah.

Last edited:

Yel

Chatty Member
I think she will testify against Serena and Fred but her testimony will somewhat help Serena because June did witness Serena getting abused.
It all has to lead to a testimony because that's about the only storyline June has in Canada.

Serena might have been abused but that's no defense that she on several times was the person that instigated for June to be raped? I hope she gets locked up and her baby taken

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Does anyone know when the next series is coming out? has it been made yet?I kind of hope it ends a bit ambiguously in the same kind of way the book does, I would hate it all to end perfectly packaged up like lots of american films/shows do
I’m hoping that they will follow the story of The Testaments more - I thought they might be setting that up with Aunt Lydia’s anger at Commander Lawrence over Janine. I’m assuming Janine has got ‘out’, somehow, given that they said that Lawrence had arranged for her to be taken away. I wondered if he was feeling guilty over June and tried to make it up by helping Janine - that or he didn’t want her in his house, annoying his new wife …

• Heart

Smiffy1990

I don’t think you would stop trying though? Hannah may appear happy from the little they have shown but she has a life there being raised/controlled by rapists and misogynists. Not sure I could leave my daughter to that and carry on with my own. June is clearly also very detached from Nicole and Luke now, and in her head over the years has been obsessed with Hannah (it’s clearly what has kept her alive at some points).
I seem to be in the minority but I hated the killing of Fred. Don’t know why really, think I wanted June to take the high ground and let Gilead deal with him! I think at the end when she says ‘let me have five minutes and I will go’, is because she realises she has crossed a line into a bare handed murderer and can’t go back - you wouldn’t want to be with someone or let them raise a child! Luke would always be watching his back let’s be honest 🤣
Totally agree as a mother of a daughter I could never imagine just giving up on my daughter, knowing she's is being trained for a horrific life of subjugation and rape etc.

I wasn't overly keen on Fred's death either, I actually wanted to see a little bit of fairness and the full force of the law be thrown at him, I know that was me being highly optimistic.

I think we as viewers are meant to be a little frustrated with June, she makes poor decisions and can be completely unlikeable among lots of other things but is that not a little expected for someone that has been tortured, raped, beaten etc and is highly likely going through a trauma response/ptsd.

Comewhinewithme

VIP Member
UK pace, another good episode and not as slow as season 4, but more because of Serena, and I love commander Lawrence, he is so sarky. Aunt Lydia is great in her part too. I'm over June, even Luke is boring me, sometimes I think I hope they never get Hannah back 😴🙄

Hiyaguys

VIP Member
I don't get how she is pregnant, wasn't it known that he was infertile? presumably the doctor who suggested June have sex with someone else knew he hadn't made any of the handmaids pregnant?

There are always people like this aren't there, especially for religious things, what is that bizarre group in the US that protest at military funerals?
I don’t believe her baby is Waterford’s

snmb

My favourite part was when June advised Serena to go back into the wheelers and plan her revenge from the inside
Serena: is that what you did?
June: Look what happened to Fred

Also Lawrence, "do you have an irony deficiency Serena?"

Yel

Chatty Member
I hope June snaps Fred's neck with her bare hands and Serena gets sent to the breeding colonies. But I don't think the show is done with those character arks, else what would they do for the next 6+ seasons?

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Have i missed something. How.. why have the waterfords got support in canada?
They've got to do something to even things up!

Although sadly it's pretty believable that abhorrent regimes will have some people (who don't have to live under them) be taken in by the propaganda and support them.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Who even had jurisdiction in no man’s land?! I was so confused by the ‘just give me five minutes and I’ll go’ discussion with Luke. It was so ambiguous. Why? Is it because she’ll be arrested, is it because she knows that Luke will never forgive her. Something tells me it’s the latter but we’ll need to wait a year to find out!! Such a cliffhanger!
Yeah I wasn't sure about that either. I mean, the gist of this whole season I thought was that their relationship is probably beyond repair. She's traumatised and he doesn't have the first clue about what she's been through. If I had to guess right now, I'd think she ends up with Nick even if that relationship is based on trauma bonding. I just don't see how they will move past it. The thing with Luke is as well, he doesn't know or understand that murder, violence, rape etc is all just normal to June now. And you can tell that's a kind of environmental conditioning thing by the way that all the other women helped her kill him. I won't be surprised if they fudge it so that she somehow gets away with it in the next season though, because June seems to get away with EVERYTHING. And I mean, I wouldn't mind that as such - if anyone deserves a free pass for murder in this fictional world, I'd say it's probably her. But it does start to get a bit silly.

Shinythings

VIP Member
I absolutely love this show. I always wonder what Elisabeth Moss must think in terms of how similarly Gileads methods are to Scientology. I don't believe any6in Scoentology doesn't know what goes on. I wonder if she feels guilt.

Reactions: 5