The Handmaid's Tale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sadly you're probably right, she's one of the main villains so I can't see the handmaid thing happening, maybe she'll be on her way to becoming one then worm out of it. She'll probably go free next season.
Yeah, I think she'll definitely walk free. I can already see her writing a few new books, creating an even bigger fanbase and just living like a celebrity in a massive house with her son. :sick:

Reactions: 1
Well the future doesn't look good for Moira's library support groups 😆

Yeah the give me 5 minutes thing confused me the most, I'd assumed she ment 5 mins before she goes to wash all the blood off 🤷‍♀️. If Canadian authorities can't even visit no mans land would they even know it happened?

Fred was spent and a brutal killing seemed about right.

Poor Serena with her internet cut off. Now that Fred is no longer an asset what happens to her? They must do the whole taking her child and making her become a handmaid story.

I imagine the next season will be the obvious break up of June and Luke and Serena getting unstuck. But then where will the show go?
Yeah I'm hoping they do that with Serena

I saw this on reddit so hopefully it's okay to post here! I originally thought June would go on the run but this makes way more sense.

Some people seem to think that june and the other women could be prosecuted for Fred's murder, that june said goodbye to Nichole because she has to go on the run. But that's ignoring the importance of the chain of events leading to Fred's death and the legal consequences of things taking place in no man's land.

Tuello is part of the USA-in-exile, not Canada. He worked in Canada out of necessity with Canada's

blessing. When Tuello handed Fred over to Lawrence at the border, neither the US nor Canadian

governments had jurisdiction over what happened to Fred anymore.

Fred's fate was legally - even in the eyes of the ICC-in the hands of Gilead because he was repatriated by prisoner exchange.

Lawrence is just one Commander who couldn't determine Fred's fate without the support of the other Commanders... unless the Eyes took custody of him.

The Eyes are a force unto themselves. Gilead's secret police. For every man who ends up on the wall, I

bet there are others who have been disappeared by the Eyes, if not the way Fred was.

Fred was dropped off in no man's land, meaning that it was territory not claimed by any government.

Really nothing could be considered a crime there because it wasn't subject to any country's laws. But if

it was subject to any law, it would have been that of Gilead, because Fred was a Gileadean citizen, and

so Gilead could have tried for an extradition treaty if they wanted to pursue his killer(s).

But there will be no extradition treaty. Under Gileadean law, the Eyes can do what they wish to their prisoners. Hell, Gilead would still view all former Handmaids as property that hadn't yet been returned to them. June and the other former Handmaids had already been used to execute traitors to Gilead whenever they were gathered and Aunt Lydia blew the whistle for the particicution to start. They were performing that "duty" one last time. So even if it were officially acknowledged within Gilead what actually took place that night, it was completely in accordance with their laws. But as it stands, Gilead's ruling body of Commanders has plausible deniability. Everything happened under his Eye. That Eye being Nick!

No one's coming after june, Emily, or any of the other women who were more "weapon" than "killer." It was not a murder. It was an execution of a traitor.

Unless the international community sent people to searching the forests of no man's land- and they wouldn't because why would they even know to do so? - there isn't even proof that Fred is dead. Fingers can be cut off living people, and I have a feeling it was removed while he was still alive, so forensics wouldn't conclude that he was dead. They (the ICC) knew full well that Fred was a traitor to Gilead when they made the exchange, as the whole point of him flipping to give evidence against Gilead was to save his own skin from being prosecuted and convicted of crimes against humanity. If the news ever caught wind that Fred had been killed, the international community would shake its collective head about the brutality of the Gileadean government and be grateful they got those 22 women to safety when they could.

June doesn't have to go on the run. But she is forging her own path forward.

Mod edit pasting text

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2
No Emmy nomination for Joseph Fiennes :( but Elizabeth Moss, Yvonne Strahovski, Ann Dowd, Samira Wiley, O-T Fagbenle, Bradley Whitford and Madeline Brewer all got nominations plus the show is also nominated for outstanding drama series. 🥳🎉

Fingers crossed for them, especially Madeline! Janine is one of my favourite characters in the show and Madeline does an incredible job at portraying her :)

Reactions: 9
Thought I’d jump on here as I love love love this show but did anyone watch the last episode? The sex scene at the end with June and her husband? She basically raped him and it really freaked me out and now I don’t know if I can like her character again 😭😂

Reactions: 5
Thought I’d jump on here as I love love love this show but did anyone watch the last episode? The sex scene at the end with June and her husband? She basically raped him and it really freaked me out and now I don’t know if I can like her character again 😭😂
Yeah it freaked me out too. I think it was done to show how she is changed now. Old June is gone!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Her taking back control?

after what she’s been through (and a lack of intensive therapy) how could she treat sex the same?

Reactions: 4
Her taking back control?

after what she’s been through (and a lack of intensive therapy) how could she treat sex the same?
Very true. But the way she covered his mouth when he said wait a minute just didn’t sit right with me 😖

Reactions: 2
I’m always a bit desperate to come on this thread but I’m forever worried about spoilers 😂. Does anyone else think the June that has returned from Gilead won’t be able to shake the feelings she has for Nick. I don’t think it’s love, it’s something more intense than love. I think her old self has completely gone.

Have i missed something. How.. why have the waterfords got support in canada?

Reactions: 3
Cos Serena is pregnant. They believe what Gilead is doing is working. It does make me wonder if there is going to be a civil war breaking out in Canada

Yel

Have i missed something. How.. why have the waterfords got support in canada?
They've got to do something to even things up!

Although sadly it's pretty believable that abhorrent regimes will have some people (who don't have to live under them) be taken in by the propaganda and support them.

Reactions: 6
Cos Serena is pregnant. They believe what Gilead is doing is working. It does make me wonder if there is going to be a civil war breaking out in Canada
I don't get how she is pregnant, wasn't it known that he was infertile? presumably the doctor who suggested June have sex with someone else knew he hadn't made any of the handmaids pregnant?

They've got to do something to even things up!

Although sadly it's pretty believable that abhorrent regimes will have some people (who don't have to live under them) be taken in by the propaganda and support them.
There are always people like this aren't there, especially for religious things, what is that bizarre group in the US that protest at military funerals?

I don't get how she is pregnant, wasn't it known that he was infertile? presumably the doctor who suggested June have sex with someone else knew he hadn't made any of the handmaids pregnant?

There are always people like this aren't there, especially for religious things, what is that bizarre group in the US that protest at military funerals?
I don’t believe her baby is Waterford’s

Reactions: 6
I was thinking that, who do you think it could be? I was thinking that man who was interviewing her when she arrived in Canada
Tuello? I thought the same! But I don’t know if he would be so unprofessional? Maybe 🤔