The Handmaid's Tale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’m from the UK and they’ve just shown episode 3 and I’m with the poster above - I’m very bored. They’ve just felt like filler episodes and I feel like I’ve got no further with the storyline.

Reactions: 3
So I’m from the UK and they’ve just shown episode 3 and I’m with the poster above - I’m very bored. They’ve just felt like filler episodes and I feel like I’ve got no further with the storyline.
I'm bored with it now too.
This season needs to pick up the pace.

I'm caught up with the US and I'd say stick with it, it's building up nicely as a season.
I agree episodes have felt a bit slow but I feel like there's gonna be a big payoff at the end (not a spoiler, just my feeling)

I'm caught up with the US and I'd say stick with it, it's building up nicely as a season.
I agree episodes have felt a bit slow but I feel like there's gonna be a big payoff at the end (not a spoiler, just my feeling)
I just watched this weeks! These last 2 eps have been slow but somethings building!

No idea..triple agent? I thought it was a good episode but heavy handed and the relentless hoplessness is getting to me now

Heard Serena dies in the next ep. GOOD.
Find myself so invested in this programme and my anxiety can’t cope at times 😆

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
Why spoil it for the rest of us if true tho? There’s spoiler tags for a reason. You may want to consider deleting and reposting under a spoiler tag.

You’re on a gossip sight sis, chile
Yeah a gossip site where the admins were kind enough to add a spoiler tag for unaired shows and movies, and on which quite often no spoiler rules are set in post titles.
Also, I’m not your sis.

Reactions: 4
The Inline spoiler option can be used to hide any comments that might spoil the series for others 😊

Thank you.... 😎

Has anyone watched the latest episode ‘heroic’?
I’m really trying to stick with this series but I found this episode SOOOO hard to watch!
the drawn out close ups of June’s face are tooo much I’m not normally screamish but the whole episode made me nauseous
They have really built her up to turn her character into someone you now dislike? Just not getting it

Reactions: 2
Has anyone watched the latest episode ‘heroic’?
I’m really trying to stick with this series but I found this episode SOOOO hard to watch!
the drawn out close ups of June’s face are tooo much I’m not normally screamish but the whole episode made me nauseous
They have really built her up to turn her character into someone you now dislike? Just not getting it
I always thought it was clever of them to never paint June as a perfect person that's just this victim of terrible circumstances. June wasn't a perfect person in her pre-Gilead life (sleeping with a married man for one), and she continued to not be perfect in her life as a Handmaid. I actually don't like her most of the time, she remains very selfish and recently her single-mindedness about Hannah has really caught up with her and cause the Martha's death. Obviously the viewer always sympathises with June because Gilead is hell and nobody should be made to suffer what they are all suffering, but June is as far from a saintly heroine as you can find and I really like that, I appreciate the writers adding that extra layer of complexity to all the people in the show.
It's the same with Aunt Lydia, or Serena: you almost start feeling bad for them in some episode and then they remind you they're terrible human beings (but also they are still all victims of Gilead one way or another).
The only person I have never-ever felt bad for is Fred. He's the worst hypocrite and such a weak, angry little man. I legitimately hate him :LOL: I'm hoping to see him dead before the series is over :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 8
I still have episodes 6-10 to watch and I am finding it has really lost momentum! I am just hoping ep 6 picks up a bit!

Reactions: 2
I still have episodes 6-10 to watch and I am finding it has really lost momentum! I am just hoping ep 6 picks up a bit!
Agree. I hope it does pick up, I'm on episode 7 and feel it's building up to something but not as fast paced as first series.