The Handmaid's Tale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Season 5 in a few weeks, the trailer is looking promising. I might have to re-watch last season beforehand though. I can't recall how Serena and Fred went from being hated in Canada (protests, placards, heckling when they visited) to having so much support. Maybe someone here can enlighten me!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can't recall how Serena and Fred went from being hated in Canada (protests, placards, heckling when they visited) to having so much support.
I think she show runners just decided to switch it so when Fred and Serena thought they saw a mob of protesters they were revealed to be supporters.

There's always some idiolical nutheads and they had to do something to even the playing field.

Reactions: 4
Season 5 in a few weeks, the trailer is looking promising. I might have to re-watch last season beforehand though. I can't recall how Serena and Fred went from being hated in Canada (protests, placards, heckling when they visited) to having so much support. Maybe someone here can enlighten me!
The other half and I have just finished a re-watch from beginning to end - pro tip, it is way too depressing to binge-watch but doing so does make June’s character development seem much more believable ... As far as I can remember the supporters were as a result of June’s testimony to the ICC. Fred butted in when his lawyer was questioning June and defended himself and Gilead, saying that they were doing God’s work, repopulating the country and so on. There were obviously a few people for whom that appealed and that’s where the support for Fred and Serena came from.

Reactions: 5
The other half and I have just finished a re-watch from beginning to end - pro tip, it is way too depressing to binge-watch but doing so does make June’s character development seem much more believable ... As far as I can remember the supporters were as a result of June’s testimony to the ICC. Fred butted in when his lawyer was questioning June and defended himself and Gilead, saying that they were doing God’s work, repopulating the country and so on. There were obviously a few people for whom that appealed and that’s where the support for Fred and Serena came from.
I think bizarre support happens everywhere, especially against some kind of "underdog", and ESPECIALLy when it involves religion. For me that seemed very realistic, if depressing

Completely agree on not binge watching, we did that for one of the seasons and I felt so down - even had depressing dreams about it! Shows how good it is I suppose 🤣

Reactions: 7
It's one of those shows I'm not sure I could face watching all over again and going through it all once more!

Reactions: 9
They need to start looking towards an ending for this. They are ripping the arse out of it
Agree, this should be the last one, but I don't think it will be. At least, for the love of god let them get Hannah back this season!

Reactions: 9
I must admit I was hoping that they’d do a final series based on The Testaments and then call it a day, but I think we’ve a while to go yet …

Reactions: 3
I've restarted from series one. Feel like I've got a better understanding of it all this time round.

Can’t wait 😍 Haven’t really got into anything since we finished Schitt’s Creek and Handmaids Tail.

I think it needs to come to an end too, the last season ended badly for me. I think they've got a way to go to redeem themselves.

If the kids dad was anyone other than Fred I'd worry about the show going downhill as they've shown no foreshadowing. Please don't drop in flashbacks to rewrite and stretch the story!

I'd hope they end it after another season or two rather than overstay. Hulu could always start a new show in the world created.
I’ve been rewatching ready for the new series and I actually think there’s a lot of foreshadowing to Tuello being Serena’s kids dad from their very first conversation. There’s absolutely nothing Serena wouldn’t do if it would benefit herself, she’s such a selfish character who clearly doesn’t believe in the cause like she once did.

I’ve been rewatching ready for the new series and I actually think there’s a lot of foreshadowing to Tuello being Serena’s kids dad from their very first conversation. There’s absolutely nothing Serena wouldn’t do if it would benefit herself, she’s such a selfish character who clearly doesn’t believe in the cause like she once did.
I agree, I always thought that, especially as it was highly implied in both the book and series that the commander is infertile, even before the whole "revolution "

Reactions: 2