Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Web30

VIP Member
Uk pace... i thought the second episode was a hell of a lot better then the first.

Reactions: 7

emm

VIP Member
I’m hoping that they will follow the story of The Testaments more - I thought they might be setting that up with Aunt Lydia’s anger at Commander Lawrence over Janine. I’m assuming Janine has got ‘out’, somehow, given that they said that Lawrence had arranged for her to be taken away. I wondered if he was feeling guilty over June and tried to make it up by helping Janine - that or he didn’t want her in his house, annoying his new wife …
yeh I thought they would be following it more in the latest series tbh, I cannot make out commander lawrence, at some points he seems nice/reasonable but in others he seems jsut as awful as the rest of the men

emm

VIP Member
That was the best episode of the series so far without doubt. I loved the dynamic between luke and June when they were detained, him trying and failing to be the "strong man" etc and realising (partly) what she went through. Also great to see Serena receiving her comeuppance

YoungHollywood

VIP Member
The other half and I have just finished a re-watch from beginning to end - pro tip, it is way too depressing to binge-watch but doing so does make June’s character development seem much more believable ... As far as I can remember the supporters were as a result of June’s testimony to the ICC. Fred butted in when his lawyer was questioning June and defended himself and Gilead, saying that they were doing God’s work, repopulating the country and so on. There were obviously a few people for whom that appealed and that’s where the support for Fred and Serena came from.
Completely agree on not binge watching, we did that for one of the seasons and I felt so down - even had depressing dreams about it! Shows how good it is I suppose 🤣

saltymermaid

Anyone else disappointed by the ending in the last episode? Something big better happen in the finale to make up for it.

I felt June's pain when she was screaming her head off at Tuello. Fuck that guy. I bet he knew the whole time Fred would buckle under pressure. I'm starting to think he only wanted June to give her testimony to scare Fred into accepting the plea bargain instead of going to trial...

I did enjoy most of that scene with Nick, June and Nichole. It was heartwarming and I love them together 🤭 but the last second of that scene sucked. I really hope Nick doesn't have another child bride and he's at least married a grown woman........but it is Gilead afterall :sick:

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
I just watched the last one and raced here for an answer to why she said "Just give me 5 minutes with her and then I'll go" at the end.

I presume it means that she can't stay in Canada and accept what she has (her freedom, Nicole etc.) and needs to go back to Gilead to find Hannah and generally kick some more ass 😆🤷‍♀️

I really enjoyed the series, and I'm a proper fucking picky bitch with what I'll watch so well done them - ha!

I love how multi-faceted the caracters are- they're complex and even some of the supposed 'baddies' it makes you see them as complex human beings.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Impleo

VIP Member
Uk pace, 2 episodes in and loving it. So tempted to go and watch it on a US site but it's my Sunday treat to sit and watch it on my own.

Agree that June's long stares are a bit tiresome. She's not really needed in the show any more, or at least should be a secondary character.

crispycrunch

VIP Member
Anyone else fancy Nick? I only like him in this as I know he is British and saw him in some other film where he was British and it wasn't the same!
In his suit and coat when he meets June with nichole that's when he did it for me 🤣🤣🤣 in civilian clothing on his Instagram no ta 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6

saltymermaid

THAT ENDING!!!! :oops::oops:

- Fred was so smug when leaving to get on the plane! His face when he realised what was happening was priceless!
- Lawrence's nonchalant reaction to Nick showing up beside him made me laugh 😂
- Fred saying he's a man and has rights, aww boohoo you whiney bitch
- That finger, though. A warning? A symbolic way to give Serena the finger? Both? 😶

- Serena will 100% be milking the murdered husband thing for everything it's worth next season but I bet deep down she will be happy he is dead and she is now free from Fred. Her priority was always her son, she barely even cares about Nichole (when was the last time she even mentioned her?)

- I think Serena will get her own plea bargain, and if not, I think her supporters will go crazy and cause riots if she doesn't. As much as her being a handmaid would be great, I don't think it will happen. If she ever does end up in Gilead again, I think she will be able to manipulate everyone into thinking she is this poor victim who had little to no part in what happened. Some widowed commander might even marry her, just not Lawrence because he hates her lol

- I think June will go into hiding and create her own resistance. She will make it her mission to get Hannah and Janine out.

Overall, it was a great way to end the season. I can't wait for s5.

Also, as much as I hated every bit of Fred, Joseph Fiennes is an incredible actor and I hope he gets an Emmy for his performance. He played Fred so well and it would be well deserved.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
It all has to lead to a testimony because that's about the only storyline June has in Canada.

Serena might have been abused but that's no defense that she on several times was the person that instigated for June to be raped? I hope she gets locked up and her baby taken
Serena was also quite fundamental in the setting up of the Gilead project as a whole wasn't she? I can't remember exactly now, but wasn't it kind of the brainchild of her and Fred? Serena only started to dislike Gilead when Fred started treating her in a remotely similar way to other women in Gilead, e.g. the physical punishments. She has no defence IMO.

Sln2404

Just discovered this is on prime.
Yes or no? I don’t have time to invest if it’s rubbish 😂 I get about an hour of child free time a day.

Highlandcow

VIP Member
Was in tears when she was floating down the river with that baby, heart was in my mouth! This is deffo one of the best shows I've seen but my god does it stress me out!

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I just found out that Elisabeth Moss is a Scientologist and that has really put me off her. Not sure if anyone else has seen it but Leah Remini's scientology show is great. It is such a scary cult and rips families apart. Elisabeth seems like a hypocrite being in the Handmaid's Tale, when her own religion does this.