The Garrihy Sisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Clementine Macniece was there too during the week!
At this point I feel like I was the only one who paid to stay here πŸ˜‚ it's pissed me off so much. I booked before all of these people got their free stays, so I'm sure lots of people like myself knew about it without the Influencer marketing!

Bet the rest of them like Tara makeup who commented on her posts saying she would love to go will no doubt have a gifted stay soon too.

Reactions: 4
Was it really necessary for Dz to tell us her fella had the flute out going swimming. Mother of God.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Agree I'm in Cabu at the min and it is pissing me off that so many Influencers got free trips with everything included and mislead people by saying you get a BBQ etc in your cabin. You do get one but then have to pay €30 for the gas to use it! You literally have to pay for everything and they got it all handed to them for nothing.
The place is lovely but so expensive. There is an insta girl here to who got a free pr trip.
Ooh Cliona O’Connor is there at the moment too on a gifted trip. Now, I actually do like her admittedly.
I'm actually here to at the minute. Told hubby about insta people getting free trips and he was fuming!! Even though it annoys me, I understand why businesses are doing it. I saw that girl Cliona and she seemed very nice and with very mannerly kids.

Last edited:
I'm actually there too! The place is lovely but so expensive. There is an insta girl here to who got a free pr t

I'm actually here to at the minute. Told hubby about insta people getting free trips and he was fuming!! Even though it annoys me, I understand why businesses are doing it. I saw that girl Cliona and she seemed very nice and with very mannerly kids.
Haha small world! It's pissing me off. Like the BBQ was cancelled the other night but we didn't know so went over and they said people who had been there already were able to order and have food but because we weren't there we couldn't but ended up letting us in the end because the menus were still on the table. It was v disappointing, a bit of chicken and dry salad leaves for €20. Then saw cliona rock up and get bags of food, and saw on her stories they got baked potatoes and stuff with theirs, but made nuggets for the kids. What made it worse was I overheard her on the phone to herq husband saying she wasn't even hungry but took the food anyway. They need to treat their paying guests properly and not prioritise this lot!

We also had to wait half an hour after our booked time for our boat because of her running out of petrol and instead of figuring out how to fill it up like they told her over the phone she sat there instagramming! So the guy had to go out and do it for her meaning we waited half an hour then couldn't stay out as long because we had to get back to the dog!

They would be better off lowering their prices to get people to stay rather than using Influencer marketing. They've given probably €20k worth of gifted stays since they opened, and that will start to turn people off because alot people don't actually trust any Influencer reviews and avoid things they advertise.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Haha small world! It's pissing me off. Like the BBQ was cancelled the other night but we didn't know so went over and they said people who had been there already were able to order and have food but because we weren't there we couldn't but ended up letting us in the end because the menus were still on the table. It was v disappointing, a bit of chicken and dry salad leaves for €20. Then saw cliona rock up and get bags of food, and saw on her stories they got baked potatoes and stuff with theirs, but made nuggets for the kids. What made it worse was I overheard her on the phone to herq husband saying she wasn't even hungry but took the food anyway. They need to treat their paying guests properly and not prioritise this lot!

We also had to wait half an hour after our booked time for our boat because of her running out of petrol and instead of figuring out how to fill it up like they told her over the phone she sat there instagramming! So the guy had to go out and do it for her meaning we waited half an hour then couldn't stay out as long because we had to get back to the dog!
Ah feck sake, that's ridiculous.
It's is an expensive place , that is for sure. I did a big Aldi shop so got very little from the super pricey shop here, which is lovely but expensive. I've had a few issues here which I'm going to tell them about when we leave. It is new so there is teething problems. I didn't know that girl but a relation of mine from cork texted me and said she was there so of course I had to go and have a nosy! Not great publicity showing a bat flying around the house!! πŸ˜‚

Reactions: 1
Ah feck sake, that's ridiculous.
It's is an expensive place , that is for sure. I did a big Aldi shop so got very little from the super pricey shop here, which is lovely but expensive. I've had a few issues here which I'm going to tell them about when we leave. It is new so there is teething problems. I didn't know that girl but a relation of mine from cork texted me and said she was there so of course I had to go and have a body! Not great publicity showing a bat flying around the house!! πŸ˜‚
I didn't have a notion who she was either! We actually saw the bats flying around last night!

Ye we've noticed a few issues too, mainly the raw sewerage smell! After the overcharging incident I'll definitely be emailing them about it.

Pretty sure the chocolate biscuits in the shop that randomly have the cardboard sleeve removed are from Aldi πŸ™Š so are the flippers and goggles you can borrow from the boathouse, they left the instructions with the Aldi logo on it in the bag πŸ˜‚

Anyway must stop derailing this thread. I'm sure one of the Garrihys will be here soon thoughπŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I didn't have a notion who she was either! We actually saw the bats flying around last night!

Ye we've noticed a few issues too, mainly the raw sewerage smell! After the overcharging incident I'll definitely be emailing them about it.

Pretty sure the chocolate biscuits in the shop that randomly have the cardboard sleeve removed are from Aldi πŸ™Š so are the flippers and goggles you can borrow from the boathouse, they left the instructions with the Aldi logo on it in the bag πŸ˜‚

Anyway must stop derailing this thread. I'm sure one of the Garrihys will be here soon thoughπŸ˜‚
I'd say now that no member of Royal House of Garrihy will be there until the kinks are ironed out... Likewise Rosie, Lisa or Pippa.

It's a bit depressing watching aoibheans stories just all for the ad. Wouldnt you just live to see her let her hair down and not portray everything so perfectly !

Reactions: 6

They would be better off lowering their prices to get people to stay rather than using Influencer marketing. They've given probably €20k worth of gifted stays since they opened, and that will start to turn people off because alot people don't actually trust any Influencer reviews and avoid things they advertise.
I would be so mad if this was my experience. You should leave this review on trip advisor and their Facebook page.
I understand hotels giving gifted stays - it's advertising. But giving preferential treatment to influencers to this degree does my head in. When average Joe's PAY to stay, and have to put up with substandard service, with no handwritten note, bottle of champers, dog basket & goodies - it puts me off an establishment. Don't advertise that your guests will be treated amazingly with all these little touches if you don't follow through with guests who actually pay your staff wages.

Reactions: 13
I would be so mad if this was my experience. You should leave this review on trip advisor and their Facebook page.
I understand hotels giving gifted stays - it's advertising. But giving preferential treatment to influencers to this degree does my head in. When average Joe's PAY to stay, and have to put up with substandard service, with no handwritten note, bottle of champers, dog basket & goodies - it puts me off an establishment. Don't advertise that your guests will be treated amazingly with all these little touches if you don't follow through with guests who actually pay your staff wages.
They do leave a small bag of goodies, but considering the price you would probably expect a bit more and better quality, I'm pretty sure the bread in the bag (like the biscuits in the shop with sleeves removed) was just from Aldi and the milk in the fridge was gone off, so we bought more milk in their shop which turned sour after a day πŸ™„

It's a lovely place and the cabins are amazing, and I do get that they just opened recently, but they do really need to cut back on the gifted stays and focus on their paying customers. From what I've seen none of the people who were gifted stays mentioned anything about what you have to pay for and how much that stuff is, possibly because they don't have a clue with it all being gifted. So alot of people, especially in the age bracket that most of their followers would be, will go and see the prices and realise it's too expensive.

I felt so bad for the guy at the boats because he was on his own and so stressed out and her husband and kids were there waiting, and the kids kept running around trying to get lifejackets and trying to jump in the kayaks and getting in the guys way, and she was just sat there on the boat instagramming away instead of just unscrewing the cap and filing the petrol.

Last edited:
They do leave a small bag of goodies, but considering the price you would probably expect a bit more and better quality, I'm pretty sure the bread in the bag (like the biscuits in the shop with sleeves removed) was just from Aldi and the milk in the fridge was gone off, so we bought more milk in their shop which turned sour after a day πŸ™„

It's a lovely place and the cabins are amazing, and I do get that they just opened recently, but they do really need to cut back on the gifted stays and focus on their paying customers. From what I've seen none of the people who were gifted stays mentioned anything about what you have to pay for and how much that stuff is, possibly because they don't have a clue with it all being gifted. So alot of people, especially in the age bracket that most of their followers would be, will go and see the prices and realise it's too expensive.

I felt so bad for the guy at the boats because he was on his own and so stressed out and her husband and kids were there waiting, and the kids kept running around trying to get lifejackets and trying to jump in the kayaks and getting in the guys way, and she was just sat there on the boat instagramming away instead of just unscrewing the cap and filing the petrol.
Sorry the rant about goody bags , hand written notes and dog beds / treats was actually directed at every other hotel that has propped up on my Instagram feed this year!! πŸ˜‚ I need to start spacing my paragraphs!!

Sorry the rant about goody bags , hand written notes and dog beds / treats was actually directed at every other hotel that has propped up on my Instagram feed this year!! πŸ˜‚ I need to start spacing my paragraphs!!
It could be directed at here too for the most part! It is sickening when you see all that stuff in places you have stayed and paid for and got nothing like that!

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else find it weird that a randomer who follows Doireann would go down to the marina where the boat is to give her treats and a card?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Does anyone else find it weird that a randomer who follows Doireann would go down to the marina where the boat is to give her treats and a card?
Yes defo! I thought that was so odd. Maybe I should buy all the poor grammers here a drink on their free stay! Don't mind me paying a grand for it!!πŸ˜‚πŸ₯΄

• Haha
Came on to say that! In fairness to yer wan it was a nice gesture, but if i had a public profile i wouldnt like my location to be that easily identifiable...

Reactions: 6
Came on to say that! In fairness to yer wan it was a nice gesture, but if i had a public profile i wouldnt like my location to be that easily identifiable...
I think thats kinda the point with them being so obvious with their location. She tagged every hotel she passed and they all took the bait..
As for the other one and her gifted stay - they can well afford their own trip! Be great to see hotels cut the free stays and see where all their fav influencers end up holidaying next year..

Reactions: 5
I think thats kinda the point with them being so obvious with their location. She tagged every hotel she passed and they all took the bait..
As for the other one and her gifted stay - they can well afford their own trip! Be great to see hotels cut the free stays and see where all their fav influencers end up holidaying next year..
It made me laugh that she kept saying you should definitely bring all of your own shopping (which you should) but the few things she had to buy for her kids were probably the only money she had to spend!

Reactions: 1
Would much prefer to see hotels offer a upgrades or extras for influencers - if they at least paid for a standard room, but got a deluxe or free drinks at dinner or breakfast as room service or something then it wouldn't be so annoying but I'm just picturing some of them boppin off and not putting the hand in their pocket for anything.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.