The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This kind of look only works if you have amazing posture, and failing that, are very thin. She just looks like she avoids both the washing machine and iron.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s getting worse
I think Alex is so close… Yet so far away.

A smart fitted blouse tucked in, maybe a belt? Same shoes and bag. Stylish.

In the second outfit, I actually can’t see past the crumpled blouse. 🫣

Do you think there’s so much tatt in their household Alex has misplaced the iron AND the washing machine…?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She struggles to incorporate black. I don’t subscribe to the missive ‘wear black with black, wear colour with colour’ but you do need to carefully consider how to wear black without jarring with other colours. For example black looks great with olive green because it has those dark undertones. Against bright saturated yellow - no.

Reactions: 3
Yellow and black to me just = wasps and bees
Like brown and green = tree
Or red and green = Christmas
Just don’t do it

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yellow is tricky to pair back with most colours, except maybe white and beige? Denim? Navy? Alex’s blouse would look great with wide jeans.

I find black bottoms very boring and dated. They always look a bit like a uniform. You need a stand out top to elevate them.

Reactions: 2
I think the first outfit has potential and I liked the heels she wore with it for the evening look. The second however…

Reactions: 2
Didn’t she go to Rome quite recently? And then had a night by herself at a posh London hotel where she ate crisps and spilled water on the bed?
IMG_0059.jpeg

Reactions: 8
We all know already know that, she and dopey are so codependent that I bet she’s in a right tizz about going somewhere on her own

Reactions: 4
Just back on the laundry - did anyone read the article she linked to on her website about this? https://the-frugality.com/best-clothing-care-tips/

The author suggests she only washes her socks about once a week! (Because she's not very active...!) And virtually never washes her jeans. Surely the socks thing is just absolutely absurd and repulsive?! :sick:

• Wow
  • Sick
Just back on the laundry - did anyone read the article she linked to on her website about this? https://the-frugality.com/best-clothing-care-tips/

The author suggests she only washes her socks about once a week! (Because she's not very active...!) And virtually never washes her jeans. Surely the socks thing is just absolutely absurd and repulsive?! :sick:
When reading this article it struck me how many things they suggest buying to achieve a no/low wash lifestyle. It’s grotty greenwashing bullshit with the single purpose of generating more affiliate commission for them.

What’s the carbon footprint of a product from inception to production to your front door versus just washing an item of clothing? This laboured spot cleaning doesn’t consider the value of our time either versus just putting it in the wash. @EllsBellsWells made a fab point re feminism and consumerism/insecurity - this speaks to that too cos it’s turning back time to before women were somewhat liberated from such mundane household tasks with electric appliances!

Is Alex going to try and better this woman by revealing she and Dopey turn their pants inside out to get 2 days wear out of them??

• Sick
  • Haha
What’s wrong with that? A quick spritz once you’ve turned them round and you’re good to go! 🫣

• Haha
You’re all wrong because it’s 4 days wear she needs to be aiming for can also turn them back to front so that’ll get another couple of days out of them

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When reading this article it struck me how many things they suggest buying to achieve a no/low wash lifestyle. It’s grotty greenwashing bullshit with the single purpose of generating more affiliate commission for them.

What’s the carbon footprint of a product from inception to production to your front door versus just washing an item of clothing? This laboured spot cleaning doesn’t consider the value of our time either versus just putting it in the wash. @EllsBellsWells made a fab point re feminism and consumerism/insecurity - this speaks to that too cos it’s turning back time to before women were somewhat liberated from such mundane household tasks with electric appliances!
So true. I hadn't noticed how many affiliate links there were until you pointed it out - I'm obviously desensitised to it!

All you need to be sustainable is an £150 steamer, £12 spray, £10 soap bar... While saving about 10p a year by rewearing socks.

Often spot cleaning looks rubbish too as on a lot of fabrics it leaves a watermark.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just seen one of those Specsavers ads on the tube, Alex is getting the pitchfork and soapbox out as we speak…

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I do quite like the author, I've followed her since she was a shoe blogger/instagrammer and she's always been somewhat into sustainability. Now she's less shoe focused and heavy into fashion sustainability. But one thing that irritates me is that she fails to mention the absolute hoard of clothes she has from her fast fashion / blogger days and how this makes a difference to stuff she writes about. For example, she went a whole year without buying anything at all and then only bought 2nd hand or from sustainable companies after that. But failed to mention the sheer amount of clothing she already owns and how that made it easier. Like she prob has every cut a d wash of jeans she would ever want, every colour shirt, loads of dresses, what seems like hundreds of shoes... Loads of them do this and it ANNOYS me!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Those shoes with that dress 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m also not a fan of that dress at all, not sure if it’s the dress or Alex in the dress I don’t like

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.