The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think itā€™s a look a lot of women tried after watching Killing Eve but Villanelle is literally the only person who can carry it off. Everyone else looks like an overgrown toddler.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Iā€™m not sure itā€™s work for anyone. Imagine looking back at your wedding pics and seeing what looks like a massive bit of candyfloss popping up all over them

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is it really frugal to pay over Ā£100 for a dress to wear once just because itā€™s Ā£1100 full price to buy?
Or would it be more frugal to wear something from the extensive wardrobe youā€™ve amassed over 2 decades as a fashion editor (šŸ¤­)?
A660D656-68F1-4A35-95B4-3BFF1C4A2744.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Is it really frugal to pay over Ā£100 for a dress to wear once just because itā€™s Ā£1100 full price to buy?
Or would it be more frugal to wear something from the extensive wardrobe youā€™ve amassed over 2 decades as a fashion editor (šŸ¤­)?
View attachment 2299312
On the bright side at least she didn't wear those shoes with it. They look like hooves šŸ“

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Itā€™s the worst thing Iā€™ve ever seen.
I think SJP could pull it off but not mere mortals Iā€™m afraid

The prices to rent dresses don't make sense imo. Wear something you have and buy new accessories you'll keep - makes more sense imo.
You could buy something on sale at the OUTNET, Self Portrait or another site for that rental price!

She had to wear this dress to prove to all the other, probably non fashion industry , wedding guests that she is a fashion editor and wears wild and kooky things

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ok so that wedding that our high priestess of frugality has gone to? Itā€™s in a very frugal destination - California!!!

At this point sheā€™s just a complete fraud, and what was with the talk the other week about how she needs a holiday by herself when she knew she had this coming up?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Omg you're completely right - it is in California! How weird not to mention it and to take a photo of the dress against those bloody wardrobes, I assumed it was in Kent or somewhere similar šŸ¤£

Caravan for the kids and the 'gram, California for frugal (and don't forget environmentally conscious!) Alex.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Ah I just reread her post from last week about travelling on her own and she said she was ā€œplanning a tripā€ as she had a wedding to go to. I just assumed it was a bit more in the future than that very weekend. And I guess sheā€™s not mentioning the location as California is far from frugal!

Reactions: 8
Omg you're completely right - it is in California! How weird not to mention it and to take a photo of the dress against those bloody wardrobes, I assumed it was in Kent or somewhere similar šŸ¤£

Caravan for the kids and the 'gram, California for frugal (and don't forget environmentally conscious!) Alex.
Curious to know how you worked out it was California?

For some reason I thought she said something about Italy? How do you know itā€™s California?

Yep did the search of the names and wedding. Although I also feel like she was talking about going to Italy solo.

Can't help but think the filming trying on the dress at home the other day and then today's walking around London story is to disguise the fact she nipped over to the west coast of America inbetween!

• Haha
Yes, their names are a fairly unusual combination so it was easy to find. Tbh I was curious as to where the wedding was as it didnā€™t look like the U.K. I thought maybe the south of France, not a US trip just for a weekend! Though for all we know sheā€™s still there and is posting scintillating content she filmed last week, like her walking down the street with her Uniqlo bag.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.