The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that why she has given up the office space then? Just not pulling the brand work in to justify it.

Reactions: 3
Plus there’s been no matches to box up for a while 🙄 (I just don’t get the matches thing at ALL)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Plus there’s been no matches to box up for a while 🙄 (I just don’t get the matches thing at ALL)
I’m pleased it’s not just me. It’s like the most Middle-Class money laundering activity EVER!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There’s just no way the matches thing could have been profitable, at least from a time/cost point of view. The hours Alex & Dopey spent counting and packing the things, even roping in family members. It was like watching a couple of hapless tweens stumble through some kind of make £5 grow challenge at school.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Am sure there was paid staff and an ‘intern’, no doubt unpaid, who thought they were getting their in to the fashion world and instead spent their days counting out matches…

Reactions: 3
There’s just no way the matches thing could have been profitable, at least from a time/cost point of view.
Although Alex loves talking about money and how hard working she is, I very much doubt they really need any of their business ventures to be profitable. It seems to me they’re living off family money and doing all this Frugality nonsense to entertain and boost their egos.

Reactions: 11
Alex….oh I never buy anything, I rewear my old clothes as I’m such a sustainability queen
Also Alex….ooh free Boden…do I need another three tent dresses? No but you know, free and Boden….ffs 🙄
Also those red shoes and those black sliders (which both look brand new) weren’t in her 9 summer pairs….what’s she up to now? 15
Going all out on the holiday wardrobe this year, must be hitting 4 figures with all the new stuff she’s been acquiring…

Reactions: 12
But has to make sure we know the kids outfits are from vinted! 😝
Alex….oh I never buy anything, I rewear my old clothes as I’m such a sustainability queen
Also Alex….ooh free Boden…do I need another three tent dresses? No but you know, free and Boden….ffs 🙄
Also those red shoes and those black sliders (which both look brand new) weren’t in her 9 summer pairs….what’s she up to now? 15
Going all out on the holiday wardrobe this year, must be hitting 4 figures with all the new stuff she’s been acquiring…

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can’t imagine having the time to buy my kids clothes on Vinted. What a luxury.
I find that and Depop far quicker than dragging them round shops tbh. Or buying online at 5x the price then having the whole hassle of the returns ordeal

although if I had gifted stuff coming out of my arse like Alex then I wouldn’t be needing to do either.

Reactions: 6
I can’t imagine having the time to buy my kids clothes on Vinted. What a luxury.
Vinted is honestly far quicker for me than going around the shops. I have a rough idea of what brands I like and I kit her out for nursery and nicer weekend/holiday stuff for very little £.

Reactions: 9
I don’t have time to go round the shops either 😆 most of my kids’ clothes come from the supermarket as there’s one very conveniently by my husband’s work. Or the other day we happened to be at a big Tesco for something else, so we had a quick think on what either of them needed and got it there. I guess it’s a me problem!

Reactions: 1
Everything is just so disjointed... Alex - I buy my kids second hand clothes, also Alex my clothes have to work hard for me (because I'm an outfit repeater ya know) so I'm gonna show you no less than 9 pairs of shoes that work for the summer.. that's not making your clothes work hard for you, that's having a lot of clothes and shoes!, also buying the same style of jeans when you already have a million pairs isnt clothes working hard for you.. please someone show this girl a capsule wardrobe ffs
What I really want to know is why do her clothes need to work hard for her? She doesn't do anything? It's not like she's showing us her outfit on her commute to work ( well unless you count walking to the post office) and then showing us later her going out and changing the shoes or top.. I mean she shows us that stuff but not her doing it. She shows us how we could do it and then kindly puts an AD break in so we can all buy it.
And please all this how to style a stripy t shirt or a pair of Birkenstocks.. that's just what we all do it's called getting dressed!

Reactions: 10
What I really want to know is why do her clothes need to work hard for her? She doesn't do anything?
It’s like she’s still pushing that ‘day to night/work hard play hard’ thing that magazines were so fond of but she’s not noticed that she doesn’t go anywhere to work anymore in the day and at night she eats crisps in the dark 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.