The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Standout comments from Frugality HQ:

We’re about to juggle our first 6 week summer holiday’.

We will both mind our 2 children. We will also go away at little cost to eat crisps in Spain. There’s also the child-free holiday to celebrate turning 40. So much to juggle!

‘I really have to sit with myself for a little bit’

Alex loads on the lippy for some indulgent musing on a tv programme. She does a lot of sitting so nothing to see here.

‘Maybe it feels tired within a cost of living crisis?’

Same programme. Alex remembers she is the essence of Frugality.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
6 week summer holiday… does that mean P is at state school, or does it mean Alex has been self-aware enough to lie about private school holidays?

Reactions: 9
On self awareness - her silence re interest rates is deafening. She’s always been a huge proponent for just shoving stuff on a credit card (alongside Candice Braithwaite!) - now APRs are between 20-30+% she’s not saying anything about them?

I just seriously hope young women haven’t been fooled by her and put their renos on credit cards and are now stuck paying a 30% APR on a 5 figure sum…!

She’s not interested in helping other people. She’s only interested in sharing how she helped herself so that she can claim it was her superior frugal knowledge and not luck (wealthy family, low interest rates, etc).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Do any of you champs follow Alistair Green on IG? His stories about Cubitts glasses and ads today and last night have me craaaacking uppppp.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
How much did she sell on vinted to go to California?
Apparently all she sells goes on the holiday fund🤡🤡
That’s absolutely rubbish, you really can’t make much out of vinted unless she’s selling all the stuff she gets gifted so in that case that may be a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
How much did she sell on vinted to go to California?
Apparently all she sells goes on the holiday fund🤡🤡
That’s absolutely rubbish, you really can’t make much out of vinted unless she’s selling all the stuff she gets gifted so in that case that may be a lot.
Not to defend her but I’ve made £150 off Vinted this week so if you’ve got some good quality barely worn stuff you can really pull in the cash. Not for a holiday in California but this paid for school shoes and new coats for the kids

Reactions: 10
Would love to see her Vinted account - never noticed her wardrobes whilst scrolling yet though. Keep your eyes peeled tattlers!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not to defend her but I’ve made £150 off Vinted this week so if you’ve got some good quality barely worn stuff you can really pull in the cash. Not for a holiday in California but this paid for school shoes and new coats for the kids
Probably I can’t make much because it’s all kids stuff and not big brands.

To be fair she gets gifted an awful amount so she is probably reselling it in tip top condition

Jeeez what did you sell? Your kidneys?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Whenever I’ve seen the #gifted girlies reselling things and pocketing the £ it’s always made me feel reeeeeal uneasy. Like, you got that for free, you were then probably paid for sharing it, making £ from anyone else who bought it via your undisclosed ad, now you’re making more off it?

I mean fair play to inventing this absolute racket but fuuuuuck me.

(one minimally redeeming feature of Alex, that charity eBay stuff she does occasionally - she ain’t doin that on Vinted tho is she!?)

• Heart
Alex by the veg stand in Borough Market in her Stories is probably the closest she’s been to fresh fruit and veg in months.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What a hideous skirt, just because somethings designer doesn’t make it nice.
Also, is trying clothes on now called ‘styling’? Same as all Instagramers call going shopping a ‘haul’ - twats

• Haha
Those items she’s styled looked like they’ve been in the bottom of her enormous ironing bag of clothes she’s forgotten she owns for several months.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.