The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
…Alex thinks because she wears the same things time and time again it makes her frugal.. we all wear the same things on repeat don't we???
Yup! This!
Us mortals just tend to call this buying, owning and wearing clothes.

not “rewearing”. Not “outfit repeating” - just… existing. Living. Being non-naked.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Spotted this on my local Facebook group - perhaps Alex could loan hers? Speaking of that trolley, did our high priestess of frugality ever use it again? For what it’s actually meant for, ie the beach or a picnic and not the London Underground?
IMG_0016.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I can’t keep up with Alex’s office Hokey Cokey.

Today’s stories: gave up the office a few months ago.

Sure a few months ago she was walloping on about how vital having a separate workspace was (to count out matches and other vital activities).

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She’ll probably rent another one when she next has a dubious “product” to launch, then quietly give it up when she realises she has no need for it. And repeat…

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hard to justify having an office when you don’t actually do anything resembling work.
Excuse me?? Did you not see last week she went to liberty, playing tennis and some other opening? On top of that she lined up 9 pair of shoes…her and dopey barely have time to change dress and wash hair

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I missed we had a new thread
The jelly wtf?! Agree with the middle-classness of it and also a whole tin of condensed milk?!
The shoes 🤣🤣🤣🤣 that is all

• Haha
Reactions: 7
How does she not realise that this skirt, combined with the loose top tucked in, makes her look huge? She’s supposed to be a Fashion Editor 🤪
898F3E28-6C92-4EB5-8D3C-99613C95DE51.png

Reactions: 7
My expression was like this too when I got to this caption on her reel. She and Dopey need to start washing fullstop!
IMG_0027.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Another bandwagon she’s jumped on - do we really need her to tell us that we need to wash our clothes less. Not sure what good spritzing does for clothes ? It doesn’t remove dirt, stains, etc. and would only remove creases if steamed or ironed. Surely she never just wore an item of clothing such as a skirt, jeans, trousers or a dress once and then chucked in a wash. Is it not more the norm to wear at least a few times before washing ? Clothes worn on top next to the skin do need to be washed more often, spritzing a white cotton top worn for 10 hours over a busy day is pointless, it would need submersed in water. I think we can be careful about water usage and still wear clean clothes, Alex seems to just be looking for an excuse to look grubby.
---

Reactions: 13
Yeah, we need to wash some things less but one skirt 5 days in a row is probably a bridge too far for most people 🤢 even if you do give it a “spritz” (why does she keep saying that? Does anyone know what she is talking about? Has she specified what she is giving it a spritz of? Is it anything to do with Aperol???)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m guessing a brand or two has sent her some laundry refresh spray, seems to be a new trend. Though next she’ll be showing us how to make a home-made version.

Finding some of the comments under that post funny - from posters saying how they re-wear items of clothing several times before washing as if they were Laundry & Water Conservationists -not seeming to realise that most people do the same. You can see them polishing their halos.

Reactions: 10
Lots of pics of the kids in her Stories too, including Cato in a sparkly skirt and wings. Now obviously little kids can wear whatever the hell they want but with Alex it seems about as authentic as when she poses with influencers of colour to show that yes, she does know Black people. It kind of screams “look at me, I’m a progressive north London mum who wants a pat on the back”.

I’m all for doing away with gender stereotypes but is dressing him in Peggy’s clothes and that stupid reel of her making orgasmic faces because Dopey was changing the character pronouns from he to she when he was reading to the kids her only contributions to dismantling them?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The whole 'we shouldn't wash our clothes as much' just stinks of more half hearted green/eco washing. Like she wants a big pat on the back for saving some water because she doesn't wash her skirt after every wear but the harsh reality is that she has so many clothes and her connections to and pushing of fast fashion (arket/h&m etc) and over consumption means her impact on the environment is not going to be diminished by 'spritzing' one of her 1000a of items of clothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
What is she spritzing them with? Sure, I’ve worn items of clothing more than once but I find just hanging them up to air is all they need. I feel like spritzing would just make them smell damp and musty.

Reactions: 2
Are we surprised she doesn't wash her clothes, I think that spritz needs to go on Dopeys greasy head!
This is nothing more than her being a lazy ass.

Reactions: 6
Five days of not washing that skirt when she's doubtless been on the tube/buses, or even just walking around London's grimy Wood Green, is pretty hideous. Way beyond needing a quick spritz, Alex. I used to manage a couple of wears, three at a push. Especially in the summer. Ewww.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.