The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘This is a really easy work outfit for me because I do really easy ‘work’’

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I quiet like the pink pjs she’s wearing today when I’ve seen it on other people but the way she wears it screams I’m dragging my belongings back from a festival and am still in my pjs! A stylist she is no more

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I quiet like the pink pjs she’s wearing today when I’ve seen it on other people but the way she wears it screams I’m dragging my belongings back from a festival and am still in my pjs! A stylist she is no more
Seriously what does she look like. Washed out, sallow skin, pyjamas and a trolley (with no explanation as to why she’s got that). I’m sure people do think something about you Alex, not that you’re “extra” - just that you look freakin’ weird!

Reactions: 4
Ok ok ok I have to finally give in and ask.
Who wears their bag the same way as Alex (and other influencers)? Always awkwardly high up when worn across the body, always facing weirdly forwards. Is it just to make sure it’s visible in photos?! Surely it’s just so it can be seen but then it’s put in a much more practical way (side/back/closer to hip?!)
(Or is this another reason why she can’t lift her kids up - bags are always getting in the way?! Heh)

Reactions: 2
Ok ok ok I have to finally give in and ask.
Who wears their bag the same way as Alex (and other influencers)? Always awkwardly high up when worn across the body, always facing weirdly forwards. Is it just to make sure it’s visible in photos?! Surely it’s just so it can be seen but then it’s put in a much more practical way (side/back/closer to hip?!)
(Or is this another reason why she can’t lift her kids up - bags are always getting in the way?! Heh)
Erm, I do. It's kind of a sensible precaution when you live where she does/I do. I like my bag to be where I can see it. Maybe not quite as high slung as Alex. Also handy for getting your phone out for tube/bus etc.

Reactions: 5
Erm, I do. It's kind of a sensible precaution when you live where she does/I do. I like my bag to be where I can see it. Maybe not quite as high slung as Alex. Also handy for getting your phone out for tube/bus etc.
I used to live on her road many years ago and the amount of people trying to pick pocket at Wood Green tube… always wore my bag at the front.

I’m a front bag wearer too HOWEVER I do actually put things in my bag rather than walk around with it completely empty folded in on itself.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m a front bag wearer too HOWEVER I do actually put things in my bag rather than walk around with it completely empty folded in on itself.
Haha same! I wear it around the front for ease of access and so it doesn’t cut across my boobs and cut them in half 😂

Haha ok fine fine, that does all make sense - thanks for explaining, crew!

I’ll take my snide back and pop it back away in my safe and accessible bag - always happy to learn if that’s the outcome! It just seemed to suddenly be A Look that came from out of nowhere for me! (Tbf I do wear my uniqlo bag like that tbf but it’s where it’s most comfy, and easy to swing round to the back when my kid wants a carry! But bigger bags rarely seem comfy in that position… definitely agree on the safety aspect tho!)

Reactions: 3
The trolley too. Why would you need a beach trolley for the school run?
That is massively embarassing! Your kid is old enough for school therefore is old enough to walk there. I cringe when I see kids in pushchairs in school uniform! And if the boy can’t walk that way then use the pushchair. That trolley would drive me mad on the school run - such a pain!

Reactions: 6
Kewl-ottes surely because she’s so kewl

sorry, I’m tired 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The dress wasn’t too bad. At least it had a waist, which is more than I can say for the sack dresses she usually favours. Though if her clothes are “crunchy” then maybe she needs to be less frugal and buy some fabric softener!

Reactions: 1
I wondered if M&S had asked her to emphasise how “un-crunchy” the dress was, because it seems such an odd comment otherwise! I can’t say I’ve ever used crunchy as an adjective to describe an item of clothing. Bizarre.

Reactions: 4
She works for so many skincare brands it’s impossible for her to actually be using them in the way she claims…?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.