The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw the waistcoat in the wild this morning! Alex was not wearing it though. Please don't let this be a trend,

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Does this means she thinks taking or uploading a photo of herself wearing an item of clothing counts as work?

IMG_1853.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Also laughed at the “this is a good work outfit”. Her work:
Sitting at home (why does she need an outfit for WFH, any more than I do?)
Going to press launches/lunches (not a good work outfit as it’s not stylish or flattering)
Taking pics of herself (see above)
WHAT DOES SHE MEAN??? 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Does this means she thinks taking or uploading a photo of herself wearing an item of clothing counts as work?

View attachment 2452972
I thought exactly the same! Alex tries not to work on the weekends.. no trips to the post office or tiger then.. omg the audacity of her to align herself with working mothers who have No choice sometimes whether or not to work on a weekend blows my mind... I can't work out if she's naturally stupid or positively deluded

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That outfit is awful! And the spraying of the waistcoat to freshen it up 🤢
It’s the walk along the street for me… her right leg seems to have a mind of its own!

• Haha
Does she mean emailing the brands she’s working with? Might take up to an hour of her day 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
The whole thing about spritzing your clothes to freshen them up is just gross for a number of reasons (spraying chemicals all over the shop, environmentally dodgy, not properly washing residual sweat & BO, generally all round manky etc etc). She only continues to push this as she had an #Ad a while back (febreeze I think) and clearly needs to keep promoting it - either as part of that contract or in the hope of a renewal. This is the definition of selling your soul. No one I know is spritzing their clothes for goodness sake

Reactions: 5
People over-wash their clothes and this isn’t great for the environment either because it uses natural resources, breaks the fabric down faster and if the clothing is constructed from manmade fibres it washes microscopic plastics into the waterways.

If you aren’t in the dirty capital, it’s not necessary to wash every item after every wear. Ideally you’d air them outside in sunshine, but even airing them beside a window or in a steamy bathroom works.

Spritzing is absolutely pointless, especially as the bottles require plastic manufacturing plus all the other reasons listed above.

Reactions: 11
Of course I wear things more than one before washing but as you say, airing them is enough. Spritzing would just make them smell damp and musty.

So it's pronounced 'queue-lots' rather than 'cuh-lots'? I've been saying it wrong then! But fortunately don't have many reasons to say it all!

Those are hideous regardless of how they’re pronounced!
---
Or maybe they just need to be styled in a less “approachable” way to look good.

Reactions: 1
According to various sources on Google and YouTube it’s somewhere in between - a bit more like a short “coo” than “cuh” but definitely not “queue” at the start. (Did anyone else have to wear culottes at Brownies in the 90s? Obv not stylish like Alex’s Cos ones - more like baggy brown shorts!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
My school had super-baggy maroon knee-length shorts as an option :sick: which the teachers called culottes. I have literally never heard anyone say queue-lots.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.