The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Though why you’d choose to go to CDY on the bus on the hottest weekend of the year, I really don’t know.
IMG_0464.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Though why you’d choose to go to CDY on the bus on the hottest weekend of the year, I really don’t know.View attachment 2441910
I do not get her obsession with CDY at all other than it seems to have become one of the strands of her personality (!) Like, it's ok for a browse and a bite to eat occasionally but yeah why would you choose to go there in the sweltering heat?! At least she didn't drag the kids along this time

Reactions: 4
CDY just seems incredibly corporate to me, the kind of place you end up going to for team Christmas lunches because for some reason that one guy on your team is really into the idea of indoor mini-golf. The idea of making a specific trip there rather than it just being somewhere to stop off between work and home is a bit of an alien cincept.

Reactions: 13
There’s a few nice restaurants and shops but they aren’t exactly the frugal kind. There’s other bits around Kings Cross that I prefer and apart from the outdoor screen in the summer and a tiny playground there is very little for kids to do.

The there are fountains in granary square for the kids on hot days but the whole feel of kings x now is soulless and CDY is style over substance, almost like it was designed with influencer culture in mind.
---
That look is so flattering on her. No potato bag in sight
Careful, you know her unhinged beef with the word "flattering".

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She has done promo/#Ad work with CDY in the past so may be fulfilling a contractural obligation. Or might just bang on about it to appear more authentic in her love for it, or to be pitching herself for more #Ads #PRgifts #Pressinvites or whatever

Reactions: 7
Where else would you flock to during a heatwave than a soulless concrete capitalist hellscape shopping theme park. Even the grass is that carcinogenic plastic stuff 🥵

Reactions: 8
A couple of standouts from her newsletter, Tokyo City Guide.
She’s so offensive. “Free tapas” in Spain and thankful that she doesn’t have to tip anyone in Japan. Fair enough if people don’t tip there, but her approach to “frugality” is basically being a cheap scrounger. I wonder how she coped with having to tip in the US - funny how she didn’t cover that trip in her newsletter!

Reactions: 24
She’s so offensive. “Free tapas” in Spain and thankful that she doesn’t have to tip anyone in Japan. Fair enough if people don’t tip there, but her approach to “frugality” is basically being a cheap scrounger. I wonder how she coped with having to tip in the US - funny how she didn’t cover that trip in her newsletter!
She probably just went to cvs and bought enough crisps to last her trip and then only had the meal at the wedding….that or took leftovers from that
Did we all spit the dried lavender bags….are these the new candles I wonder, her friends must be bursting with excitement

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.