The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mouth breathing during the concentration of putting the picture up šŸ¤¢
Oh my god YES! As a fellow mouth breather who is uber sensitive to doing it around other people, I cannot understand why she would broadcast it to 300k people.

Reactions: 2
Who would have thought that a long sleeve white cotton shirt that you wore with shorts in summer could also be worn with a skirt in autumn? Such a revelation ?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Slow roasting joints of meat with the oven on for hours during a heatwave.

Is this woman ok (no)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Slow roasting joints of meat with the oven on for hours during a heatwave.
Is this woman ok (no)
But imagine the satisfaction in knowing that plate of shredded park would be enough for a dinner for a family of four as well as a few lunches. And no doubt there will be left-overs even after that.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ugghhh the glasses thing is so overdone now! Most people I know with glasses will rotate in and out with contacts, especially for things like sport or the gym. The only minor point she can possibly make is that there is still a lot of pressure not to wear glasses at fancy events, but every time I take care to do beautiful eye makeup it feels sad to put a pair of glasses right over it. Plus glasses don't define my personality I guess.

Reactions: 6
The entire glasses thing makes me truly shudder and honestly would only be pushed by someone who either needs to convince them SELF that theyā€™re happy/look ok in them (lol you donā€™t, always, because you make some whack choices tbh!) OR because of the blond slim issue - which in the UK for whatever wild historic reason sociologically implies prettiness whether you are or not - but if you grow up blond and slim and then have to be DEVESTATED by the news you wear glasses, I can imagine it becomes a whole thing.

But hi. Some of us have been over here wearing our specs with our boring old brunette unremarkable hair/appearances and just got on with it because weā€™ve needed them to see since age 3.

Maybe this sounds bitter? I donā€™t feel bitter. More like confused by the whole thing! Iā€™ve been offered contacts, through from being told I couldnā€™t wear them or they didnā€™t make them for my eyes in the 80-90s, through to being offered laser too but I just wear glasses. Always have done. Probably always will. I wore them on my wedding day and so did my husband. We had a right laugh choosing the special pairs for the special day - and at the last minute I wore my normal ones anyway to feel more like myself. They didnā€™t smash into our faces when we kissed. I look recognisably me in all photos, and theyā€™re just part of my face and how I look and how I see.

I think the unspoken thing alex isnā€™t ever saying is ā€œI like glasses even though Iā€™m blond and relatively slim/conventionally attractiveā€ - honestly, without the specs sheā€™d blend into the background!

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.