The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sheā€™s having a laugh with that things she doesnā€™t buy reel surely?! She doesnā€™t bit things that wonā€™t be fashionable in 30 yearsā€¦.errrr fishermanā€™s sandals, balaclavasā€¦I could go onšŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 7
View attachment 2009855
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ guys, we should be so grateful- she offers all her content, valuable thoughts and creativity for free šŸ™„šŸ™„
Sheā€™s erm does realise that she gets paid for her ā€˜contentā€™ doesnā€™t she? Or has she forgotten the freebies, the affiliate links, paid promotionsā€¦if she doesnā€™t like it then go to ā€˜paid contentā€™ because no one will fork out for her generic boring rubbish

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is that some sort of fatty meat? Arenā€™t you supposed to make it crispy for a noodle soup (if thatā€™s even what that is) and if they paid money for it even worse šŸ¤®

• Sick
Reactions: 3
No doubt content to follow about how you can sign up for discounts/free delivery on your first order using a variety of different emails addressesā€¦.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sheā€™s erm does realise that she gets paid for her ā€˜contentā€™ doesnā€™t she? Or has she forgotten the freebies, the affiliate links, paid promotionsā€¦if she doesnā€™t like it then go to ā€˜paid contentā€™ because no one will fork out for her generic boring rubbish
I donā€™t understand how she possibly thinks she could ever get paid at point of consumption (rather than through the back channels of brand #sponcon budget) for her writing? Sheā€™s not writing fiction, or content that requires a certain level of education or experience (eg sociological or political or historical work!). Once again Iā€™m here comparing her to Africa/thevitamindproject but her Patreon looks super educational in terms of educating ppl on the black British experience, BB history, anti racism work esp with kids, cool kids crafts and teaching the skill of eBay/second hand hunting or clothes care. Itā€™s not content I would personally pay for but it clearly has a monetary as well as broader society wide value. Iā€™m not sure how telling ppl to put kitchen renos on credit cards or what tat to buy to go alongside their other tat thatā€™s now aged out of being must have tat? You could just go into Tiger and pick up 3 random things for the same environmental and financial impact as having read her hard hitting ā€œcontentā€.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Quiz of the day - can someone tell me what this is?
Pork belly ramen. The meet looks very fatty though and letā€™s not forget Alex with her food styling/photo skills would make a Michelin star dish unappetising.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Sheā€™s in a restaurant eating that am sure, based on the bowls and various condiments on the tableā€¦.none of which are available at Lidl within the Ā£40 weekly food budgetā€¦.

Reactions: 4
Sheā€™s in a restaurant eating that am sure, based on the bowls and various condiments on the tableā€¦.none of which are available at Lidl within the Ā£40 weekly food budgetā€¦.
Iā€™m nearly certain sheā€™s at Tonkotsu as I recognise the chilli oil jar in front of her.

hahahaha the post about her more mindful shopping habits. What an absolute trollllololol! I donā€™t get how someone can be so blind to how hypocritical they are?! Or just plain untruthful? Monki. H&M. Even grabbing all the effin Anya shopping bags. Shop shop shop. Endless pairs of trainers. Everything over and over again and then bags and bags of freebies on top of it all! Even if she HAS slowed down on the fast fashion junk (which we know she hasnā€™t) then itā€™s easy to claim youā€™re buying less of it when you get other stuff for free instead. I do not get it. I donā€™t get how actually clued up people I respect a little bit more (like Erica D, or Hannah EnBrogue) who legitimately do either post honestly or actually practice what they preach somehow spur Alex on with comments and praise?! Sheā€™s not even trying!! LYING NOT TRYING! Gah.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
hahahaha the post about her more mindful shopping habits. What an absolute trollllololol! I donā€™t get how someone can be so blind to how hypocritical they are?! Or just plain untruthful? Monki. H&M. Even grabbing all the effin Anya shopping bags. Shop shop shop. Endless pairs of trainers. Everything over and over again and then bags and bags of freebies on top of it all! Even if she HAS slowed down on the fast fashion junk (which we know she hasnā€™t) then itā€™s easy to claim youā€™re buying less of it when you get other stuff for free instead. I do not get it. I donā€™t get how actually clued up people I respect a little bit more (like Erica D, or Hannah EnBrogue) who legitimately do either post honestly or actually practice what they preach somehow spur Alex on with comments and praise?! Sheā€™s not even trying!! LYING NOT TRYING! Gah.
I nominate Lying, not Trying as the next thread title!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Love love love this!

Also itā€™s so bleeping offensive the hyper consumers who loved volume of this stuff now turning around and Pearl clutching and moralising fast fashion or shopping at unsustainable places now itā€™s having a more mainstream than ever moment? Like yes in an ideal world Primark etc wouldnā€™t exist but the UKā€™s low wage economy doesnā€™t allow for every home to support small ethical makers. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with ppl buying H&M etc if they are doing it in a considered way that normal ppl have been doing for years - eg this Ā£20 coat will by my childā€™s winter coat, Iā€™ll then keep it for baby no 2 or gift it to someone or donate it to charity. There is a HUGE difference between engaging with ā€œbadā€ brands in that way and gleefully acquiring endless tat to display, or that you them have to go out and buy more tit like shelves and frames to hoard and display en masse.

She is absolutely bleeping tone deaf and I donā€™t understand how she can believe anyone would ever remotely consider paying her for these luke warm takes?

Reactions: 19
Love love love this!

Also itā€™s so bleeping offensive the hyper consumers who loved volume of this stuff now turning around and Pearl clutching and moralising fast fashion or shopping at unsustainable places now itā€™s having a more mainstream than ever moment? Like yes in an ideal world Primark etc wouldnā€™t exist but the UKā€™s low wage economy doesnā€™t allow for every home to support small ethical makers. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with ppl buying H&M etc if they are doing it in a considered way that normal ppl have been doing for years - eg this Ā£20 coat will by my childā€™s winter coat, Iā€™ll then keep it for baby no 2 or gift it to someone or donate it to charity. There is a HUGE difference between engaging with ā€œbadā€ brands in that way and gleefully acquiring endless tat to display, or that you them have to go out and buy more tit like shelves and frames to hoard and display en masse.

She is absolutely bleeping tone deaf and I donā€™t understand how she can believe anyone would ever remotely consider paying her for these luke warm takes?
Quite. Tiger is just middle class Home Bargains. And Monki is a H&M brand so hardly sustainable.

Reactions: 11
Sheā€™s had what looks like an exhausting morning going around Wilko looking for bowls. Itā€™s go go go for #busyworkingmum Alex!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Alex is totally inconsistent and clueless about sustainability in fashion! She should go and watch the brilliant new film by Mother Of Pearl Creative Director Amy Powney, Fashion Reimagined. She might learn a thing or two and start using her platform for something that is actually sustainable and worthwhile šŸ˜¤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.