The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alex wears hat, coat & boots.
Takes off hat. Swops boots for shoes. Keeps coat on. Swops coat for jacket. Keeps shoes on. Keeps glasses on. Moves in and out of corner.

Keep this info handy, you’ll thank me for it this time next year.
She really should charge for this thrilling content

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ohhh myyyy godddd could her page be any more boringggggg 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
---
Ohhh myyyy godddd could her page be any more boringggggg 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
Edited to add..... isnt that how we ALLLL transition to spring outfits!!!! F*ck my actual life... she cannot think this is worthwhile content

Reactions: 7
I think she know in her heart of hearts that this actually isn’t worthwhile content - hence why she isn’t using patreon or subtrack or whatever as no fool is going to part with their hard earned money for this insubstantial drivel

Reactions: 5
How to transition to spring
1. Wear clothes/shoes that are lighter and with less coverage.
2. There is no 2, this is easy unless you’re a total idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Watched the reel and thought ‘the tattle ladies are gonna DESTROY this’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think she know in her heart of hearts that this actually isn’t worthwhile content - hence why she isn’t using patreon or subtrack or whatever as no fool is going to part with their hard earned money for this insubstantial drivel
one of the huge problems with substack is it's way too expensive - £5 month for one writer/creator alone is insane when established online publications with hundreds of journalists are struggling to attract that kind of fee.

Reactions: 2
one of the huge problems with substack is it's way too expensive - £5 month for one writer/creator alone is insane when established online publications with hundreds of journalists are struggling to attract that kind of fee.
For anyone to pay that kind of money on an ongoing basis you really have to be producing a good quantity and quality of content. Which rules it out as an option for Alex straight away.

Katherine O has put a weekly article on substack and seems to be doing quite well. But as discussed previously, her content is so much better than Alex’s and she is a professional writer who has more to say for herself than just ‘wear a mac now it’s spring’ or ‘wrap cheapo candles in ribbon as a gift’ (on repeat).
I do wonder though how long even she can keep it going as she is very open on a personal level in her articles (which makes them so readable) but surely there comes a point when you’ve completely exposed yourself and your family and run out of things to say ?!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
surely there comes a point when you’ve completely exposed yourself and your family and run out of things to say ?!
This is such an interesting point and someone could do their phd on it, I know this is probs a problematic view so sorry but I think this sort of candid personal journalism inevitably has to dry up as most people only have so much trauma to mine and monetise, but that then leads to the grifting you see online where everyone has 900 illnesses whether mental or physical and then chuck in some improbable personal circumstances and then layer on infinite cosplayed marginalised identities/characteristics (as lbr most journos are at v least middle class) to a) make more interesting albeit fictional content and b) guilt/shame people into giving them money long term through these subscription services, or commissioning them for work to speak on the above. Like whether it’s Jack Monroe or Liz Jones it’s a well established path.

Even influencers are doing it, is it the Saccone Jolys who are making that poor child transition for content? Because without that they’re just another family flogging their kids whereas with that child they now tick the boxes for a bit of brands’ CSR budgets too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What exactly is it that Alex and Chris do in their office and how do they justify hiring staff? Does it take that many people to pack up boxes of candles? She shared a story of him trying on his latest bag purchase in the office the other day but other than that I’m not sure either do anything we’d recognise as work.

Reactions: 11
This is such an interesting point and someone could do their phd on it, I know this is probs a problematic view so sorry but I think this sort of candid personal journalism inevitably has to dry up as most people only have so much trauma to mine and monetise, but that then leads to the grifting you see online where everyone has 900 illnesses whether mental or physical and then chuck in some improbable personal circumstances and then layer on infinite cosplayed marginalised identities/characteristics (as lbr most journos are at v least middle class) to a) make more interesting albeit fictional content and b) guilt/shame people into giving them money long term through these subscription services, or commissioning them for work to speak on the above. Like whether it’s Jack Monroe or Liz Jones it’s a well established path.

Even influencers are doing it, is it the Saccone Jolys who are making that poor child transition for content? Because without that they’re just another family flogging their kids whereas with that child they now tick the boxes for a bit of brands’ CSR budgets too.
This is SUCH a good point and explains perfectly why Alex has decided to make out that wearing glasses means you’re oppressed. I saw the Specsavers advert the other day with the 2 glasses wearers kissing, and I still can’t believe she had the po-faced cheek to say she was “disappointed” about it. bleeping hell Alex climb down off your high horse and get a sense of humour. Your “content” is pathetic, and so are you for thinking that being mortally offended on behalf of glasses wearers everywhere is a good way to endear yourself to anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Imagine paying loads of an Instagram ad for your shampoo and then Alex delivers it with THIS awfully looking hair 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hate how she dresses her children. She wants to dress them quirky and looks very pretentious (slightly clownish too!)

That bloody trolley! Bet she’s popular on the school run, pain in the arse for everyone around her! And totally pointless as he’s on a bloody bike anyway so you’ve now got to pull a massive trolley in everyone’s way! She’s such a nob

• Haha
Reactions: 4
How she and Dopey can give advice on what the best shampoo is is besides me. And I assume the cart story is from the weekend as surely they don’t drag the kids to school in it? Also, don’t most 5yos walk to school if it’s nearby unless they’ve got mobility problems?

Reactions: 6
Someone please introduce her to the world of tinted eyebrows. Or send her a freebie brow wand as a clue. I think she looks weird because her eyebrows are invisible. Not a flattering look.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.