The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People in her comments on that reel about the #reno saying omg how did you do it all! With 2 kids, too! … give me strength it’s v easy for an intergenerationally wealthy underemployed girly n greasy who’ve got a few hours of work a week between them and the rest of their time to paint things with barbie’s paint brushes!

I can’t believe we’re this many years into the influencer grift and still so many ppl can be so completely oblivious?! Open your eyes ffs!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I can’t believe we’re this many years into the influencer grift and still so many ppl can be so completely oblivious?! Open your eyes ffs!
I have so many friends, clever, educated, astute women, who have no idea how the whole influencing hustle works. When I explain, they’ve been amazed.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I have had the long weekend to myself so I’ve binged the latest Bridgerton and spent most of yesterday wearing a long black dress with pockets. Thank duck my partner has recently found a job (after a few months of unemployment) as I was starting to feel I’m one badly applied red lip away from becoming Alex!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Both the black sack dresses look so bad on her. Does anyone else ever see people wearing dresses like that in public because I do not! Maybe where I live is not as cool as North London 😟

Reactions: 1
I do live in north London but my dress was a lot more flattering than anything Alex wears! I really don’t understand how she gets it so wrong. She’s a 14 at the most and she seems reasonably tall too. There’s no need to wear oversized sacks!

Reactions: 4
I think those sack dresses just highlight that Alex just doesn’t know how to dress anything other than a slim straight up/down body. She’s struggling, you can see when she’s doing her ‘fashion editor stories’ she actually doesn’t really know what to say and talks about elasticated sleeves and pockets, throw on and over sizing. She might be more inspiring if she talked about body shape, sleeve length, skirt length, proportions, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Did she forget to turn her mic off during her latest makeup Story? Some very weird heavy breathing noises in it.

Reactions: 3
Did she forget to turn her mic off during her latest makeup Story? Some very weird heavy breathing noises in it.
Well she’s “timepoor” so obviously she only had time to do that makeup and film it, not to think about the sound too. That would’ve exhauated the last living cell in her brain.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She has to make the point they didn’t watch the coronation but they did go to a street party that others worked hard to organise. What did she contribute to the event? Matches for the bbq?
Oh the ‘time poor’ among us. Now there’s a phrase you don’t hear from those who are really up against it. This is the same Alex who took 3 days off ‘work’ to indulge in nostalgia. Yep, not a moment to herself to paint a wonky lip.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Has she called herself time poor? bleeping hell any working mum (as in, with a real job with deliverables or working in the home doing childcare/domestic work) would be pronounced legally time dead using her framework.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
‘Time poor’ - wondering if my eyes are ever gonna stop rolling at this….

Reactions: 2
omg time poor but can spend a year painting bin storage.
she does make me laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Paid to promote a competition but DEFINITELY NOT being paid to remind you all about it 🤪😵💫🤑

Presumably tying herself up in such gigantic knots is what is making her so time poor
SO disingenuous, cba to look at the link but guessing it’s an affiliate link so she’ll be at the very least looked upon favourably for repeat work with Pret if she’s referring sessions to site/email captures/conversions - so yeah it is a bleeping ad in that regard?

These lot are the WORST advertisement for fee paying schools, all that money spent to help you flourish and yet you choose to remain thick as pigshit? 🤢

Reactions: 5
Why is she do against disclosing ads? She's told everyone previously that she works with pret so it's not a big deal to just do the first disclosure that she's done at the top. Why over explain it all?

Why is she do against disclosing ads? She's told everyone previously that she works with pret so it's not a big deal to just do the first disclosure that she's done at the top. Why over explain it all?
Non contractual mentions of any partnership/ad over and above the agreed deal - essentially freebies - are favourably considered as it makes the influencer look like good value for money. It’s all carefully counted. It is more likely to happen when the influencer is angling for repeat / ongoing work.

Some influencers are more skilled at this than others. Alex is an idiot for being so blatant about it… she should have just marked it up as ad to her followers and highlighted the extra mentions to Pret / their agency when she does her wrap up deck.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.