The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone please explain to me why she HAS to dress in everything so frumpy and oversized? Have I missed some kind of style trend? I’m 8 years younger than her and don’t know anyone who literally only wears tent dresses. She looks like a child dressing up as a witch for Halloween

IMG_9870.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don’t get it at all. How is this flattering? Perhaps she feels she’s put on weight since having kids but she is still in no way overweight and can do better than the tent dresses.
IMG_9504.jpeg

Reactions: 5
I think it’s so tacky / actually ghastly to accept kids freebies, especially in the current economic climate. Like how are you not absolutely mortified to do that? 😳

Reactions: 3
Aside from the absolute tenty binbagness which I really don’t get (especially on her figure which can def pull off an actually well-fitted frock) - HOW can a self proclaimed fashun editor not have figured out cutting the sodding ribbons off the inside of garments?! HOWWWWWW?! And to claim it drives her mad whilst having a house bursting with clothes? Lord above

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah, I think she must be self conscious about her slight weight gain after kids, and has taken it to the extreme with the tent dresses. There’s just no need!

That dress isn’t the best on her at all. For a self proclaimed fashion editor, you’d imagine she’d look in the mirror and immediately see it swamps her, the length finished at the ‘wrong’ spot on her legs and those Clarke’s shoes are just pure frump. The other dress looked nicer on her. Though she could find nicer dresses. And I think everyone knows a quick snip with a scissors removes those tag things.

So today, she showed us some free gift her Kids received, along with some gardening toys she bought them - soon it will be Christmas and we’ll hear about the one present only thing. Won’t mention the huge amount they got throughout the year though.

Reactions: 7
It’s like student meal planning….and it seems dopey does get out without her
But where’s the fruit, the snacks, does Cato not get to eat anything, he doesn’t get a mention

Reactions: 2
I would think the days that C isn’t mentioned are the days he’s at nursery, where he’d get 3 meals a day.

Reactions: 2
The super unflattering sack frocks (and I love a non-waisted dress but COME ON), the boobs (is bra-less gallumping not uncomfortable?), the beige student meal plan, a bastard YEAR to paint a bin store. What the actual duck is going on with Alex’s ‘brand’?!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I would think the days that C isn’t mentioned are the days he’s at nursery, where he’d get 3 meals a day.
Not sure if my LO is the oddity or they just daren’t admit that toddlers need food outside of the nursery provision as it’d be like what, 20% of their £40 food shop? But my LO has breakfast with us and at nursery, comes home and wants a snack straight away and then will have a bit of our dinner and a pre bed milk too. They’re growing so rapidly they need food, otherwise they’ll last eat at 4/4.30pm and fast until 8am? You wouldn’t expect an adult to do that would you 🫠

Reactions: 9
Not sure if my LO is the oddity or they just daren’t admit that toddlers need food outside of the nursery provision as it’d be like what, 20% of their £40 food shop? But my LO has breakfast with us and at nursery, comes home and wants a snack straight away and then will have a bit of our dinner and a pre bed milk too. They’re growing so rapidly they need food, otherwise they’ll last eat at 4/4.30pm and fast until 8am? You wouldn’t expect an adult to do that would you 🫠
Babe same. My LO gets 3 meals a day at nursery but still demands essentially a multi-course breakfast and dinner with us. Which I don't mind as it's nice to share a meal as a family...but, yeah, young kids are ravenous.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
What is an LO?
Little one
---
Babe same. My LO gets 3 meals a day at nursery but still demands essentially a multi-course breakfast and dinner with us. Which I don't mind as it's nice to share a meal as a family...but, yeah, young kids are ravenous.
It’s also never just a slice of toast is it - mine likes Greek yoghurt or the M+S berry yoghurts, followed by raspberries or watermelon. Her breakfasts easily cost more than my Sainsbury’s own brand cereal ones that are more befitting of a £40 frugal shop lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Mine always had dinner with us after nursery! So I really don’t get this either. Unless they don’t get picked up until 7pm and go straight to bed?

Mine always had dinner with us after nursery! So I really don’t get this either. Unless they don’t get picked up until 7pm and go straight to bed?
The latest I’ve heard of a nursery opening for is until 6pm, but yes you’re probably right - a lot of influencers put their kids to bed straight away and then moan that kids asleep by 5pm are up at 5am. Who’dathunk?!

The latest I’ve heard of a nursery opening for is until 6pm, but yes you’re probably right - a lot of influencers put their kids to bed straight away and then moan that kids asleep by 5pm are up at 5am. Who’dathunk?!
One of mine woke up at 5am from baby years to around 6. It didn’t matter what time he went to sleep.

Reactions: 3
I totally agree, I shared my Greek yogurt and berries with my 16 month old this morning before he went off to nursery 😄 and he loves a post nursery snack too… but I guess that doesn’t need to go on the meal plan? But yes with Alex I’m sure it would be outside of the £40 shop. (Which is ridiculous and SO insulting - that’s £10 pppw - even Jack Monroe claimed to be able to do £20 and we know that it’s just her most of the time!)

ETA oh and our nursery is open until 6.30pm which is v handy on the odd occasion!

ETA again because I wrote “16 month year old” 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.