The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her meal plans are so embarrassing to read.
Who meal plans a sandwich?
---
Who meal plans a sandwich?
I also find her 'product' - the meal plan pad thing a TOTAL waste of energy, paper, ink and money. Just do what most people do and write it on the back of a piece of A4 your child has scribbled on or an old envelope that would otherwise go in the bin. These meal plans she creates are to justify her wasteful product (frugal my arse). SORRY for the offload but it really bothers me!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Who can afford to take 1.5 hours to get to nursery? Oh that’s right, someone whose “job” involves buying lots of unflattering dresses and sending out a newsletter every fortnight!

Reactions: 10
Who can afford to take 1.5 hours to get to nursery? Oh that’s right, someone whose “job” involves buying lots of unflattering dresses and sending out a newsletter every fortnight!
Ah but luckily she took her own coffee.. so frugal.. so contradicting seeing as she was spouting the benefits of the pret subscription last week..🤪

Reactions: 12
Nail on head! Omg I couldn’t believe this so I went to her stories to check it out for myself. I’d be so cross and getting the buggy back out forever more! Most people don’t have 90 minutes to spare in the morning. He would have missed out on breakfast too. Plus what about all the commuters that got stuck behind them on their slow journey?! So frustrating!

I have a lot of thoughts on this!

Reactions: 8
Nail on head! Omg I couldn’t believe this so I went to her stories to check it out for myself. I’d be so cross and getting the buggy back out forever more! Most people don’t have 90 minutes to spare in the morning. He would have missed out on breakfast too. Plus what about all the commuters that got stuck behind them on their slow journey?! So frustrating!

I have a lot of thoughts on this!
I used the buggy for my son until he was nearly 4, basically because anything else would’ve resulted in endless dawdling and I had to get to the office on time! After that we got him a scooter and he zipped along the pavement but at 2 he would’ve have taken forever.

Reactions: 4
I used the buggy for my son until he was nearly 4, basically because anything else would’ve resulted in endless dawdling and I had to get to the office on time! After that we got him a scooter and he zipped along the pavement but at 2 he would’ve have taken forever.
As someone who doesn’t have kids (and was pushed off the pavement three times this morning by little darlings riding their scooters/bikes precariously), thank you

Reactions: 2
Exactly! We’ve always driven to nursery (don’t live in London like Alex!) but my eldest scoots to school - I couldn’t walk at his pace 😆

Reactions: 1
I suspect it’s also a bit inconvenient for the nursery for kids to arrive 90 mins late as it disrupts the routine they have going. But hey, what does it matter to our favourite #busyworkingmum?

Reactions: 7
I suspect it’s also a bit inconvenient for the nursery for kids to arrive 90 mins late as it disrupts the routine they have going. But hey, what does it matter to our favourite #busyworkingmum?
I was going to say this. Being late a bit with a kid is understandable but getting there an hour and a half into everyone else’s day just proves how self entitled you are.

Reactions: 4
I hate the way she dresses her children. Such a try hard, pretentious parent.
I bet she thinks it’s quirky

Reactions: 6
I hate the way she dresses her children. Such a try hard, pretentious parent.
I bet she thinks it’s quirky
What is wrong with what he’s wearing? Looks completely normal to me, most children wear similar clothes around here?

He looks fine today but there was a post the other week where he was wearing a Frozen dress and socks with sandals and though Alex claimed he’d dressed himself, I suspect she did it to show what a quirky cool mum she is.

He looks fine today but there was a post the other week where he was wearing a Frozen dress and socks with sandals and though Alex claimed he’d dressed himself, I suspect she did it to show what a quirky cool mum she is.
Hello from mum of a little boy obsessed with dresses who refuses to leave the house in anything but 🤷

• Heart
Fair enough but that was the only time I’d seen a shot of him in a dress and with Alex it all feels like it’s for show as she made a point of mentioning it.

Reactions: 5
Today I went to Alex’s favourite TK Maxx and bought some pyjamas from a brand she recommended a few months ago.

Naturally I now hate myself and might subject myself to a walk of shame around Coal Drops Yard tomorrow…
---
Actually, just had visions of me walking around CDY with Alex in a black sack dress ringing a bell behind me and chanting SHAME a la Game of Thrones!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.