The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually gutted at the frugal year perception - I’ve not interpreted as her being on the beg at all, as she’s never really accepted or shown those sorts of product-led freebies and find she has integrity behind what she chooses to promote. I found her first book really helpful AAAAAND (fangirling will end shortly and my Alex rant IS coming so if you’ve read this far, ithankyou..!) - I feel that she has a genuine overall USP of practical support rather than of just mindless flogging of stuff.

anyway - funny that y’all brought her up because I mainly came to share this as wondered if it was a cheeky lil snip at ol Al!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Actually gutted at the frugal year perception - I’ve not interpreted as her being on the beg at all, as she’s never really accepted or shown those sorts of product-led freebies and find she has integrity behind what she chooses to promote. I found her first book really helpful AAAAAND (fangirling will end shortly and my Alex rant IS coming so if you’ve read this far, ithankyou..!) - I feel that she has a genuine overall USP of practical support rather than of just mindless flogging of stuff.

anyway - funny that y’all brought her up because I mainly came to share this as wondered if it was a cheeky lil snip at ol Al!
Oh I largely agree with you btw - a tattle thread doesn’t mean someone is utter trash, good players (like Africa / thevitamindproject, or Danielle Vanier) end up with more supportive comments than anything else on theirs because despite what these lot say - it is possible not to be trash.

Clare/MFY has a challenging position on social media in that she needs to grow her audience and somewhat monetise them, but is it ever possible to do so ethically? I didn’t see the stories as beggy personally but the fact some have goes to show how careful you have to be as a “responsible” creator.

I wrote this on the MFY thread but lol at the highlight, my biggest criticism of Clare is allowing bad players like Alexandra to good-finance-wash their personal brand by not calling them out. But then is it fair to expect this woman to spend her life beefing influencers 😂

Reactions: 3
So in her latest reel/video I can see a fe new pieces of furniture and they aren't cheap like the Matilda Goad cushion and the new table under the stairs. Wonder if she actually parted with her money or got them on the beg as I swear they have been hidden until now.

Reactions: 1
Oh I largely agree with you btw - a tattle thread doesn’t mean someone is utter trash, good players (like Africa / thevitamindproject, or Danielle Vanier) end up with more supportive comments than anything else on theirs because despite what these lot say - it is possible not to be trash.

Clare/MFY has a challenging position on social media in that she needs to grow her audience and somewhat monetise them, but is it ever possible to do so ethically? I didn’t see the stories as beggy personally but the fact some have goes to show how careful you have to be as a “responsible” creator.

I wrote this on the MFY thread but lol at the highlight, my biggest criticism of Clare is allowing bad players like Alexandra to good-finance-wash their personal brand by not calling them out. But then is it fair to expect this woman to spend her life beefing influencers 😂

Sorry if I offended anyone 🙈 it's just my personal opinion hence creating a separate thread for those who share like minded views 😊

Sorry if I offended anyone 🙈 it's just my personal opinion hence creating a separate thread for those who share like minded views 😊
Omg no pls don’t apologise - you’ve not offended at all! This is why tattle is great we all have diff opinions and bring diff perspectives and this is the only place that I know of on the internet where you can discuss them!

I’ve already posted on the thread cos I’m a nosy cow and want to see if she takes the piss 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sort of off topic but Chloe Plumstead posted her schedule... which involves starting 'work' at 11am and finishing at 3pm. Perhaps this is why Alex things she's an incredibly busy multi tasking super mum!
duck me! And we thought Alex was lazy!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We’re all so over Alex that this thread has been more and more about other influencers than her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Omg the Pret ad!!!! Errrmmm talk about ‘off brand’ advertising buying food on the run, take out food and coffees yet she spends the rest of her time eating left overs, taking packed lunch on holiday, not eating out etc etc the list goes on!!! Obviously I get she’s in it for the money but can’t she see this is so against what she usually ‘promotes’ omg that’s made me irrationally irritated this morning. I was going to post a comment but what’s the point?? Such bollocks 😡😡

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Pret are bleeping arseholes. Putting up the price of their subscription *again* but pretending it’s a new launch by giving it a new name and chucking in a miserly 10% off food. I hate that brand of sleight of hand marketing. There’s a way to do it with integrity and not treating your customers like idiots. Paying influencers like Alex (who notoriously eschews buying lunch and actively promotes making your own as a way to save money!!) is not it.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Remember when she told us she makes ice lollies at home and then takes them on days out with her kids and we didn’t know which was more baffling: the idea that ice lollies make a good picnic component or why she’s so tight she won’t spend a quid on a shop bought ice lolly 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So funny, Pret suddenly being her favourite, after preaching for years about bringing her own drinks in a re-useable mug and telling us that she saves money by bringing home-made ice lollies for her kids when out and about.
---
Snap Dizzy, we posted at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Pret 🤣🤣🤣🤣 her go to when she’s on days out….funny they never appear on her meal plan
And we can never forget making the ice lollies for the kids 🥴

Reactions: 6
Sorry to derail but it's all kicking off on the my Frugal year thread after a recent revelation 👀

Come join us 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Her Pret ad makes me laugh so much, from her standing outside with a massive bunch of flowers(?!?) before gallumphing off to get her coffee and then emitting a sigh and slouching down with it. Because she’s soooo busy (with ??) and it’s her first opportunity to sit down for a break?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Such a sell out. She won’t take her family out for dinner but she’ll “spend” £30 a month on a pret subscription?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Her Pret ad makes me laugh so much, from her standing outside with a massive bunch of flowers(?!?) before gallumphing off to get her coffee and then emitting a sigh and slouching down with it. Because she’s soooo busy (with ??) and it’s her first opportunity to sit down for a break?
‘Gallumphing’ could not be a more perfect description 👌🏼🙌🏻😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.