The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s all just too overwhelming. Far too stressful to decant your Weetabix AND sort out your summer wardrobe on the same day.
View attachment 2117612
If she finds it so overwhelming, maybe she should stop buying endless numbers of summer dresses that all look the same. I know she thinks this is highly humorous but frankly it’s very accurate at how pathetic her life seems.

Reactions: 11
As bad as she is, imagine how much worse to be Dopey behind the camera chronicling her inane attempts at being relatable?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Honestly think getting off Instagram and getting some perspective on the world would be such a good thing for her. She could volunteer in her local community instead of binging 300 tv series a month & dodging the long standing established communities around her by any means necessary (dad paying school invoices, bleeping coal drops yard).

She’d learn a lot about the world and possibly even become a happier and more emotionally fulfilled person as a result. Something I don’t think she’d ever find decanting children’s wheatabix into £10 tins from HAY.
I’ve seen a lot of talk around help from her parents on here. Are there receipts on this? Or why do we think this?

Reactions: 1
They live in a £800k house and do LITERALLY duck all. Dopey takes a few pictures, Alex makes terrible reels, begs people to buy her a coffee and buys a lot of tit in Tiger. Oh and their children are in full time childcare. And that’s it. So yeah 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
I’ve seen a lot of talk around help from her parents on here. Are there receipts on this? Or why do we think this?
+1 on @Dizzy. If you run back through the threads you will see receipts for her dad going on the first mortgage and gifting the deposit to her, she’s disclosed what low salaries she’s been on in the past yet managed to buy two properties in London - it’s not been done without significant help. The extension being funded by a sizeable inheritance, etc etc.

I mention it as it’s very important context that she fails to disclose - yet how can her audience make informed purchasing decisions when they don’t realise they’re being recommended to buy excessively by someone who doesn’t need to pay their own way in life? Her audience would be better off overpaying the mortgage and putting it aside for kids if they’re not from intergenerational wealth like Alex is.

Reactions: 14
She made a lot of money on her first property - which she could only buy as she received a decent deposit from her parents. She then sold this and stepped up the property ladder. She has been open about this, but one suspects there are a lot more #giftsfromparents going on behind the scenes. For example, her parents have a holiday home in Spain which she uses (for free I presume).

These things add up really and unless she is open about all of it, regularly, it is disingenuous to flog a so called frugal lifestyle to your followers. The implication being that they too can live in a big London property, go on European breaks & purchase fancy weetabix tins to fanny about with if they feed their kid tinned meatballs and swerve the tv licence.

Reactions: 12
Let’s not forget her daughter goes to a private school which they simply couldn’t afford without help.

Reactions: 5
Let’s not forget her daughter goes to a private school which they simply couldn’t afford without help.
And the other child is in full time nursery - is it probable that two adults on £40k (as they claim to earn on their own blog) would be able to cover the £2.5k pcm expense of that? Especially when there’s no genuine need for it as they’re hardly in full time employment?

Also she dishes out financial advice. Someone else has touched on the frugal part which is gone deaf but suggesting ppl take mortgage holidays during the pandemic or put kitchen renos on credit cards is potentially ruinous advice. When your mortgage payment is in the low hundreds maybe repaying 25% APR on a 5 figure sum is manageable (I doubt it though?) but for most people that would duck their life right up? She’s not FCA regulated so shouldn’t be dishing out advice anyway but she also doesn’t live in the real world and has never had to build anything herself from the ground up so would be best off sitting out of grown up conversations. I’m sure there’s #discourse for those still receiving subsidies into their 30s so go chat there maybe? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
She was milking the messy room well into last night. How can anyone be so inept overwhelmed? I assume the original reel was filmed earlier in the day so surely you’d just think “ok, kids are going to be home soon, I’d better get on with it”? And here’s a tip - maybe do what most of us do, ie a good sort through your clothes, give some away to charity and don’t buy so much crap!
IMG_9434.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Look, I like nice things as much as anyone, and am not the tidiest person in the world (clean - yes, tidy -not always 🤣), but that photo of the summer clothes etc. taking over the whole room makes me feel so ill.

It’s literally repulsive.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s one massive crumpled mess. Did she just shove it all in random bags without even folding? Totally anxiety inducing.

Look, I like nice things as much as anyone, and am not the tidiest person in the world (clean - yes, tidy -not always 🤣), but that photo of the summer clothes etc. taking over the whole room makes me feel so ill.

It’s literally repulsive.
BIB is exactly it - bearing in mind she has a room of wall to wall wardrobes so this is in excess of that 🤢 don’t get me wrong most of us are probably vacuum packing coats and heavy winter jumpers or sorting out kids clothes but would it cover the entire floor of a sizeable room for many? In huge mounds like that?

I refuse to believe you can truly enjoy or value having that much stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She's so out of touch. Who has that many clothes? Yeah sure, winter jumpers get shoved in a bottom drawer for a few months a year, but the volume of stuff she has... Wow.
I don't think that it's ever been confirmed that her eldest is in private education? Not that I feel comfortable knowing either way, but I don't think we can say that as a fact?
Also, those saying she doesn't work (hard), she will be getting paid a lot for the ads she does. I'd love to know the numbers!

Reactions: 7
That’s true, she’s never said anything about schools, but the fact that she and Dopey could go away for a break by themselves on days when most state schools in her LA (and I live in the same LA) were shut due to the teachers’ strike did make me wonder.

Reactions: 1
She's so out of touch. Who has that many clothes? Yeah sure, winter jumpers get shoved in a bottom drawer for a few months a year, but the volume of stuff she has... Wow.
I don't think that it's ever been confirmed that her eldest is in private education? Not that I feel comfortable knowing either way, but I don't think we can say that as a fact?
Also, those saying she doesn't work (hard), she will be getting paid a lot for the ads she does. I'd love to know the numbers!
I’m local to her so know the school term dates well and what she posts doesn’t align with them. Also, the schools near her aren’t the nicest so I’m not at all surprised.

Maybe it’s time for a wiki where we gather the receipts for her obscene, could-not-be-less-frugal lifestyle and proof of her massive leg ups from family. She’s gross.

Reactions: 6
I’m local to her so know the school term dates well and what she posts doesn’t align with them. Also, the schools near her aren’t the nicest so I’m not at all surprised.
I wouldn’t be surprised if she liked diversity and inclusion only in books or Instagram events

Reactions: 4
I wouldn’t be surprised if she liked diversity and inclusion only in books or Instagram events
That is what I’ve been saying all along - it’s just for show with her!
---
Maybe it’s time for a wiki where we gather the receipts for her obscene, could-not-be-less-frugal lifestyle and proof of her massive leg ups from family. She’s gross.
Will “goes to Sainsburys and pretends it’s Lidl” be in that Wiki? Such a stupid thing to lie about!

• Haha
I had forgotten Alex gave herself a £40k spending allowance from her business account and tried to claim it was some sort of equivalent to being on a 40k PAYE salary. But didn’t cover her key outgoings like mortgage or childcare costs. And all under the guise of budgeting tips 😂🤑

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.