The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a pet peeve of mine but I hate when people talk in such slow self-indulgent manner like Alex, as if expecting everyone to pause and pay attention to them. Then they make a banal point about the simplest of things in the most convoluted way. You can see that cooking intro had to be edited after every other word. Why is it so hard for majority of influencers to string together a simple sentence?
100000% agree! Obvs this isn’t applicable to all influencers but a lot of them in this intergenerational wealth set are university educated which encourages super long flowery writing, but without the follow up commercial work experience that reverses that and teaches you to be concise + to the point as nobody has time for 3k word count essays in the real world. Plus they’ve got the luxury of a LOT of free time so can enjoy this whimsical long form content and think others will too.

Reactions: 5
This is a pet peeve of mine but I hate when people talk in such slow self-indulgent manner like Alex, as if expecting everyone to pause and pay attention to them. Then they make a banal point about the simplest of things in the most convoluted way. You can see that cooking intro had to be edited after every other word. Why is it so hard for majority of influencers to string together a simple sentence?
I’ve said it before, but Alex presents like she’s doing Grade 6 show and tell and her teacher has told her she needs to remember to list the pros and cons for a balanced argument.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Omg the monki review.
Sinus infection sound off. My poor ears
Also why is she reviewing Monki like it’s a new store! It’s been around since about 2012! It’s time she gave up on this influencing thing
duck off sinus rat

• Haha
Reactions: 3
A contrived caption in a video where she attacks a dip like she’s not eaten in weeks. ’All ok with kids ON YOUR OWN’. ‘Hope you MANAGED to make something nice for dinner’. He didn’t text that, Alex, He text ‘all ok with kids’ and something less scripted about dinner.

Attachments

Last edited:
The “on your own” really grates doesn’t it? Those of us with kids have all had to be “on our own” with them at one point or another, probably more often than Alex if we haven’t got parents to dump them with when we fancy a midweek getaway!

Reactions: 9
She never has them by herself - never does anything by herself, so he may have texted her that!

Reactions: 7
She never has them by herself - never does anything by herself, so he may have texted her that!
Yeah I think it’s likely he would have! Also she said she can’t pick them up on her own. How the hell does she manage?

Reactions: 2
Can’t pick them up but can drag that bloody trolley about and faff around bringing the bin storage in to paint.

If her back is bad to the extent that she can’t pick her kids up then she should’ve sought help a long time ago instead of waiting for all the “u ok hun?” comments on Instagram!

Reactions: 5
Can’t pick them up but can drag that bloody trolley about and faff around bringing the bin storage in to paint.

If her back is bad to the extent that she can’t pick her kids up then she should’ve sought help a long time ago instead of waiting for all the “u ok hun?” comments on Instagram!
I’ve got one of those trolleys and they’re not good for your back, not sure why they have one

They are so weirdly codependent aren’t they!! Is it bad that it gives me the ick, I could not live like that!! I guess everyone is different but it’s just pathetic!!!

They are so weirdly codependent aren’t they!! Is it bad that it gives me the ick, I could not live like that!! I guess everyone is different but it’s just pathetic!!!
I think it’s just the way he’s always lurking in the background on her reels and stories with a goofy grin on his face and not saying anything.

• Haha
She’s like that mate who you invite for a cuppa and he has to come too! Or join you on a walk. Is bloody weird - get a life/job/hobby of your own!!!
---
Ooh look at me look at ME! I know someone who is black and I just need to tell you all about it to make out I’m so cool and diverse and inclusive!! Omg it is actually CRINGE!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Ooh look at me look at ME! I know someone who is black and I just need to tell you all about it to make out I’m so cool and diverse and inclusive!! Omg it is actually CRINGE!!!!
Yes! As you all know, it really bothers me the way she goes to various influencer events and shoehorns herself into a photo with WOC or shows off the fact that she buys her kids books that feature Black people. But does she have any non-white friends herself or does she ever say anything about how to be anti-racist etc? She lives near Wood Green, a genuinely diverse area, yet she seems to spend her free time fleeing it for Chelsea or Coal Drops bloody Yard!

Reactions: 6
Yes! As you all know, it really bothers me the way she goes to various influencer events and shoehorns herself into a photo with WOC or shows off the fact that she buys her kids books that feature Black people. But does she have any non-white friends herself or does she ever say anything about how to be anti-racist etc? She lives near Wood Green, a genuinely diverse area, yet she seems to spend her free time fleeing it for Chelsea or Coal Drops bloody Yard!
Ah of course, I was forgetting they also have to be a woman!!!! Totally agree with you! I find her infuriating!!!!

Loving the responses taking this apart because Monki are H&M and consequently absolutely appallingly scored for ethical standards, pollutants/waste and mistreatment of workers - but it’s so weird that she responds like H&M group is a positive defence of this somehow?! She can’t be that clueless and so totally void of conscience, can she?!

(Also, in what universe is “woman goes to shop” content worthy?! It’s not new, they’ve been around for bloody years! And stocked on ASOS too just in case your ethical compass wasn’t sure how far down it needed to point…!)

Attachments

• Heart
Omg yes!! I was totally forgetting about Monki - as we know is just H&M by another name! How can she think it is appropriate to be promoting these brands when she’s a crusader for saving the planet 😂😂😂 and if you want to shill out for them fine - many others do - but don’t make out you’re into all the ethical, secondhand, supporting small brand stuff and be so self righteous over it all!!!

She is so performative. Would she be using this bag if it was from a white writer? Would she have actually bought it for herself if she’d not been given it? Has she ever posted saying that she was reading a book?
77929D88-E061-4ABA-AB4A-E9D6FC3D595A.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.