The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This further confirms to me how crap her husband is.
Of course she’s ultimately responsible for herself and I’m not at all saying this is on him. However surely you want a partner who wants the best for you and is prepared to have difficult conversations with you for your long term benefit. Like if we can spot her shuffling like an elderly woman in a reel why hasn’t he insisted on addressing it before now? What did he think was going to happen? She could have developed a dependency on pain in the meantime too.

I appreciate this is based on extremely scant info and for all I know he’s been insisting on booking physio and yoga classes and taking the lead on everything to facilitate it all but I don’t get that impression. Ultimately on her, I just don’t get how you could watch your spouse go through that for 3.5 years. The dynamic is odd.

On the upside if they read here maybe he will be allowed to use the proper shampoo now they know Tresemme et al makes your hair v greasy over time

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No time for exercise?! Puh-LEASE! I call bullshit on that post. I sympathise with anyone who has sciatica but they both strike me as utterly bone idle, much more interested in watching box sets and eating beige food than shifting their arses and being active occasionally.

Reactions: 12
So she can’t pick up the kids but she can drag them along in that cart when they go out? I wouldn’t have thought that was the best option if you have a bad back.

Reactions: 10
Idk I’m cynical I suspect this will just be a new era of promoting needless consumption - soon it’ll be supplements, exercise apps and lululemon leggings because the economy is fucked and no one wants to buy her aff link ceramic oil jugs and what’s the alternative, get a job?? Eurgh!

If it makes her feel any better I reported the undisclosed hotel stay slides to the ASA 🥰😘

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Imagine having the luxury of not looking after your own kids by yourself. Just big fat wow.

Reactions: 11
Idk I’m cynical I suspect this will just be a new era of promoting needless consumption - soon it’ll be supplements, exercise apps and lululemon leggings because the economy is fucked and no one wants to buy her aff link ceramic oil jugs and what’s the alternative, get a job?? Eurgh!

If it makes her feel any better I reported the undisclosed hotel stay slides to the ASA 🥰😘
True, already started with the Uniqlo gym wear - which incidentally is crap, don’t waste your money!

Reactions: 4
True, already started with the Uniqlo gym wear - which incidentally is crap, don’t waste your money!
Like these ppl are not remotely candid with us in any genuine way beyond what benefits them! She’s not disclosing the huge leg up she’s been given is the reason she can sustain such levels of underemployment and hyper consumerism. She’s only disclosing this for a) brand freebies and b) validate the next phase of #content she’s got planned. It’s total bollocks and the worst part of it all is it’ll be mums actually in that position and working and parenting etc who are influenced into spending their hard earned money on a load of shite rather than medical grade treatments and advice. Influencing will evolve like the Covid virus if they can’t flog clothes in a somewhat recession they’ll start flogging wellness instead. Naff.

Reactions: 7
This is such an interesting point and someone could do their phd on it, I know this is probs a problematic view so sorry but I think this sort of candid personal journalism inevitably has to dry up as most people only have so much trauma to mine and monetise, but that then leads to the grifting you see online where everyone has 900 illnesses whether mental or physical and then chuck in some improbable personal circumstances and then layer on infinite cosplayed marginalised identities/characteristics (as lbr most journos are at v least middle class) to a) make more interesting albeit fictional content and b) guilt/shame people into giving them money long term through these subscription services, or commissioning them for work to speak on the above. Like whether it’s Jack Monroe or Liz Jones it’s a well established path.

Even influencers are doing it, is it the Saccone Jolys who are making that poor child transition for content? Because without that they’re just another family flogging their kids whereas with that child they now tick the boxes for a bit of brands’ CSR budgets too.
Or Julie Meyerson. I still cringe heavily thinking about what she did to her son.

(Also her pearl-clutching style of writing. It wasn’t just regular hashish. It was skunkkkk!)
---
She used to look good! But now she wears serial killer frames and weird balaclavas and calls it “approachable style” 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yeah - she’s approaching you like a mugger in those stupid snood efforts!
---
She used to look good! But now she wears serial killer frames and weird balaclavas and calls it “approachable style” 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yeah - she’s approaching you like a mugger in those stupid snood efforts!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Aaaaw more days in bed for the pool Alex (obviously free of any childcare related duties). With Netflix of course. Riveting content!

Reactions: 1
Yes, apparently the comments on Instagram spurred her on to get seen by a doctor. But what was stopping her all this time? She’s not exactly short of moments to herself.

And I can’t help but wonder if any Reformer Pilates studios reached out to her to offer some freebies?

Reactions: 6
Why on earth can’t her partner finish this?
Well we know it’s not because he’s washing his hair…
---
But also why drag the bin storage indoors to paint it? Just wait for a sunny day and do it outside - it looks like a job that should take a couple of hours, tops.

Reactions: 5
Why on earth can’t her partner finish this?
Any sane person with back issues would lift those panels onto a table to paint so they’re not hunched over. Alex really lacks common sense, but what can you expect from a person who spends hours counting matches.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So she’s suffered with back pain for years, but has only now booked a scan when her Insta followers have recommended it? Meanwhile the ridiculous shed/storage thing is cluttering up her family living room and will likely remain there for god knows how long. Between the two of them they just don’t seem to have got the hang of life as a pair of fully functioning adults.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.