The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is so performative. Would she be using this bag if it was from a white writer? Would she have actually bought it for herself if she’d not been given it? Has she ever posted saying that she was reading a book? View attachment 2068822
Also, any guesses which is the pr gift? The Pilates or the tote bag? I don’t think it’s clear at all.

Reactions: 3
So I stared following Alex about 100 years ago, when blogs were a thing. I was in the primary school haze and needed inspiration to see what to wear now.
Alex was younger than me, and her style was effortless.
She’s so try hard these days and I think she’s in the same stage of life I was then. I find her feed so depressing, I wouldn’t be surprised if was struggling. I can’t think who finds her feed aspirational or inspiring these days.

Reactions: 7
Loving the responses taking this apart because Monki are H&M and consequently absolutely appallingly scored for ethical standards, pollutants/waste and mistreatment of workers - but it’s so weird that she responds like H&M group is a positive defence of this somehow?! She can’t be that clueless and so totally void of conscience, can she?!

(Also, in what universe is “woman goes to shop” content worthy?! It’s not new, they’ve been around for bloody years! And stocked on ASOS too just in case your ethical compass wasn’t sure how far down it needed to point…!)
I do not understand her reply to this.

Poster: "Is it ethical? I always thought it was fast fashion"
Alex: "It's owned by H&M"

So no, it's not ethical and yes, it is fast fashion. Am I missing something here?!

Reactions: 8
Agree with all the comments above. Alex is just the worst for performative virtue signalling, particularly around race. It’s so bloody obvious and absolutely cringe.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I do not understand her reply to this.

Poster: "Is it ethical? I always thought it was fast fashion"
Alex: "It's owned by H&M"

So no, it's not ethical and yes, it is fast fashion. Am I missing something here?!
She’s always incredibly rude if anyone asks her a question or disagrees with her

Reactions: 6
She’s always incredibly rude if anyone asks her a question or disagrees with her
I can vouch for this. I remember her asking for views on something in lockdown. She wasn’t sure, what did everyone else think. So I politely gave my view which was quite a cautious take on lockdown and obeying the rules. And I received back a really nasty and rude message. Genuinely I was quite taken aback and have never seen her in the same light since.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I can vouch for this. I remember her asking for views on something in lockdown. She wasn’t sure, what did everyone else think. So I politely gave my view which was quite a cautious take on lockdown and obeying the rules. And I received back a really nasty and rude message. Genuinely I was quite taken aback and have never seen her in the same light since.
How rude! Really out of order.

Reactions: 4
So I stared following Alex about 100 years ago, when blogs were a thing. I was in the primary school haze and needed inspiration to see what to wear now.
Alex was younger than me, and her style was effortless.
She’s so try hard these days and I think she’s in the same stage of life I was then. I find her feed so depressing, I wouldn’t be surprised if was struggling. I can’t think who finds her feed aspirational or inspiring these days.
I feel exactly the same about her now since seeing her posts about not following up with doctors despite her bad back. To me this is an absolute sign of a real struggle, and explains the frozen dinners and projects that never get finished despite apparently not having a real job.
---
Good point. Makes me wonder if last week’s sob story was partly a ploy for free Pilates classes.
she has tried this MULTIPLE times and it's so tiresome.
a few free reformer classes will not fix a bad back and she will be spitting in stories once she sees how much they cost

Reactions: 1
Mumsnet has a thread on style expectations vs reality (you know - buy white suit hoping to look like Bianca Jagger in St Tropez, end up looking like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever etc) and this one made me think of Alex.
BFC26409-F436-452F-A454-4D89E99ACF28.jpeg

• Haha
She absolutely is trying to get some free pilates and/or physiotherapy. This isn’t even subtle.

I think if she does I’ll actually write to the company and tell them exactly how it puts me off. Never done that before. Imagine being such a grifter that you won’t put your hand in your pocket for your own health. Literally boggles the mind

Reactions: 5
What I don’t understand is Alex saying she couldn’t get it checked and get help when she was pregnant. In my experience NHS is actually very supportive during pregnancy and careful to thoroughly check on any injuries or unexpected symptoms.

What I don’t understand is Alex saying she couldn’t get it checked and get help when she was pregnant. In my experience NHS is actually very supportive during pregnancy and careful to thoroughly check on any injuries or unexpected symptoms.
Yes exactly, especially as it was before covid and lockdown. I noticed someone on that post asked her that but she ignored them.

Reactions: 2
How very ‘frugal’ and ‘sustainable’ of her - a response on the Monki post.
5320FEE4-A3FF-45CD-AD34-3091AD7D878C.jpeg

Reactions: 2
Mmmh I always thought that was complete bullshit. When I’ve been pregnant I’ve been seen for anything super quickly, I got physio within a week because my hips were causing so much pain.

I had acupuncture by the nhs during my last pregnancy, to help with pain relief for a bad back. She's talking out of her arse. Again.

I’m giving Alex a slight pass out.

She must have carried a lot of trauma into her last pregnancy. All her cognitive and physical energy would have been spent on getting through each day of the pregnancy, giving birth to a live baby, and completing enough work to support them.

I can’t remember if they went on holidays and weekends away during her pregnancy, or if they did lots of renovations and frame painting, but I do know high risk pregnancies are all consuming.

I’m giving Alex a slight pass out.

She must have carried a lot of trauma into her last pregnancy. All her cognitive and physical energy would have been spent on getting through each day of the pregnancy, giving birth to a live baby, and completing enough work to support them.

I can’t remember if they went on holidays and weekends away during her pregnancy, or if they did lots of renovations and frame painting, but I do know high risk pregnancies are all consuming.
And this one an excuse for what exactly..? Dumping the kids with grandparents / full time childcare so they could sit on their bums watching Netflix all week?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.